[DoW]The Fear Has Struck

Dwight k Schrute

The Fear strikes deep within us all. 

Watch out Orbis ;)

Also I apologise in advance for the formatting - we had a 30 minute conversation in the VC talking about how to post on the forums - it clearly didn’t sink in… 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Big Mac
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

You're the guy who scammed all your members, yes? Seems apt to name your alliance after a parasitic creature then. 

Virus, not a parasite. But I hear it was originally going to be named after a greek letter like Omicron, or Alpha and that the alliance is all multis. /s

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

He used the entire alliance as his own tax farm to grow his nation, then he tried to sell the alliance off.

Don't forget the fact that they took him back with open arms after he left them after trying to sell the alliance. I'm sure he's the god of stockholm syndrome

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, namukara said:

Dear Johnsons;

One of your allies has been attacked. It's just that you didn't seem to notice and I think you might be interested to know.

Maybe you could counter or something, idk.

BLOC*

TFP side of johnsons arent directly tied to WTF.

9 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

A virus is per definition a type of parasite don't worry ;)

maybe I'm misremembering bio class
Parasite
an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

but seems to me, a virus is not an organism (not a cell, or cells), it is not alive, and arguably does not derive nutrients (a virus reproduces by hijacking a cell, which is external). 

CDC - Parasites - About Parasites

anyway, off topic, so... schrute bad, wtf = loot pinata 

• Upvote 3

WTF is going on here. Might as well burn off a schruting onion

• Upvote 2

shadows are all colors of the rainbow, just blocked by an object, we hide in those shadows, and we hide in those dark valleys every night and day they have a shadow in them

39 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

He used the entire alliance as his own tax farm to grow his nation, then he tried to sell the alliance off. That's straight King Shit right there.

Econ nerds all over the game have to have days-long arguments behind closed doors over increasing alliance taxes from 10% to 15%. Meanwhile, Dwight - acting decisive and self-interested as all rational people should - just takes the whole bank for himself. Uhh, hello? Based Department? 

I feel a thalmor interview might be needed🤔

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Borg said:

Parasite
an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

but seems to me, a virus is not an organism (not a cell, or cells), it is not alive, and arguably does not derive nutrients (a virus reproduces by hijacking a cell, which is external). 

CDC - Parasites - About Parasites

anyway, off topic, so... schrute bad, wtf = loot pinata 

Ehh, this is more or less just a semantics argument. Viruses are by definition obligate intracellular parasites, many types of bacteria are also parasitic in their life cycle, but viruses and bacteria are generally excluded from the definition of parasitic diseases which only includes multicellular organisms or single celled eukaryotes like protozoans. 

Anyway, enough with the nerd shit, I'm just ready to burn other people's pixels. 

Edited by Cassia
  • Upvote 2

RIP that one c37 though :v

While one could say that WTF could do some things to not get picked on time and time again (don't ask me, though, I've got nothing lol), never great to see an old/large member delete 😅

• Upvote 6
xzhPlEh.png?1

2 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

A virus is per definition a type of parasite don't worry ;)

2 hours ago, Borg said:

only Eukaryotes can be defined as Parasites in biology, Bacteria & Viruses are defined simply as Pathogens with a parasitic way of life.

Difference Between Parasite and Virus
Definition 
Parasite: Parasite is an organism that feeds with parts or vital products from another living organism called host. 
Virus: Virus is a microscopic pathogen (between 15 to 350 nm) that infects cells in living organisms. 

Organization
Parasite: Parasites are eukaryotic organisms. 
Virus: Viruses are not-cellular structures.

Reproduction
Parasite: Parasites are able to reproduce by sexual or asexual reproduction. 
Virus: Viruses are unable to reproduce independently, they only reproduce by controlling and subordinating living cells. 

Localization
Parasite: The parasites can parasitize on the surface of the host’s body or inhabit different organs and tissues. They can come in contact with the host only to feed or use it as a permanent habitat.
Virus: Viruses are active only in living cells. 

Edited by Deborah Kobayashi
  • Upvote 2