Return to the OWF, fellow Orbisans

Thalmor

4 minutes ago, ChrisMars said:

Public FA best FA

Forum public FA is the worst public FA tho

• Like 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

The WoT reading business is going to be booming at this rate. @KillzBob will be rich in no time! and Zigbir will be bankrupt lol

I charge a fifth of what Killzbob does, just saying 👀

Edited by Krampus

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

I'm not the biggest fan of reading walls of text. But if it in interesting I will read it. I didnt play PnW when "forum FA" was a thing, but I would like to see this. It would make the game a lot more interesting then just keeping every little thing private and hidden in embassies. 

6 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Forum public FA is the worst public FA tho

nah, I like to see chaos but like lets make more opsec PUBLIC

shadows are all colors of the rainbow, just blocked by an object, we hide in those shadows, and we hide in those dark valleys every night and day they have a shadow in them

This is a good and correct opinion. Obviously you can't expect a paradigm shift overnight with respect to the use of forums for conducting those kinds of discussions as opposed to Discord. Generally what it requires is just for people to write shit, which will, because this is (for better or for worse) a community with the ethos of b*tchy middle schoolers, provoke discussion, debate, what have you.

I think there's proof positive of the if-you-post-it-they-will-come mentality w/r/t forum discussions, given that just about anything from the fairly innocuous meta discussion posts to the fairly inflammatory mid-war posts provoke pretty robust discussions. These kinds of games have (and likely always will) draw the kind of players who want to engage in these sorts of public discussions, and the community would do well to enable rather than stifle it.

Edited by WarriorSoul
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

TL:DR - Use the forums more because people are getting value (information and entertainment) out of the walls of text that come with passionate and energetic political discussion.

Citation?

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

Great post

Agreed.  I think that taking FA and much of the other significant interactions away from the OWF has inadvertently alienated the majority of Orbisans/Orbizens from the machinations that make the game tick.  Way to kill engagement in the game and leave the decision making with the same people still moaning about KF.

Edited by Etat
didn't realise I'd sworn - sorry folks

Celer Et Audax

Prior to (and even during) the conflict that shouldn't be named, most of FA was a one two punch:

Things used to be public, personal (in a good way, a way that adds true passion), and vicious. Rhetorically vicious in the sense that inherent respect for one's opponent was preserved (some of the time), but the point was made to everyone reading. The masses swayed either way, depending on the delivery of the posts. Some select nations were hit, and hard rhetoric was flown by every side imaginable.

Things used to be private; However, much like in real-life politics, the leak of backlogs and intelligence frequently shook Orbis. Alliances are changing sides, new minor wars are being declared, sanctions are being imposed left and right, globals are being launched, and new rivalries are beginning and ending. When a leak happened, Shifty would post, and public opinion would sway one way or another, many times being united (and many times not). People would point fingers, raise eyebrows, question their authenticity or affirm it. Espionage felt more impactful then.

There's been a disconnect between passion in FA and forum posts, with much of it dumped in backchannels in discord or through other means. Leaks are just simply accepted these days as being expected "for transparency" because of how much negotiating happens off the forums. The use of Discord for FA, imo, came out of necessity to coordinate the clusterF that was that global. However, like many wartime measures, there comes a time where you need to wean off and return, to an extent, to the way things were before.

I agree with Thaldad completely.

• Upvote 2

I'm glad the forums are making a comeback. The only time most people get to see any sort of real forum discussion is during wars or when anything interesting comes up: yearly awards, new bloc, or new alliance; you name it!

However, tons of WoT's have been popping all over the forums lately and have brought a different vibe. I have read 'An Appeal to the Syndicate' and 'Dear Horsecock' recently and people also seem to enjoy reading them as well. Sure, they are loaded with salt🧂, but it's the type of salt that is much needed in this current state of the game.

Most FA conversations take place in secluded backroom channels on Discord where only a select few get to see them. That despicable "hell" of the earth is long gone and away from this game, yet the aftermath of what occurred during NPOLT continues to follow through.

Unfortunately, the current meta is shifted to where everyone is afraid to potentially become a "hegemony"; an "IQ". And imo it's not favorable for the health of the game.

Edited by Key

676912258_galaxybrain.webp.5c1275f9a627f0a3b84e6f73d163a6c5.webp

My opinion may not reflect those of my alliance or its affiliates. Please read at your own discretion.

17 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

As a final point, I think that the OWF serves as much better place to discuss certain topics than Discord for several reasons -- first, it requires you to put more thought into your posts than typing a few half-shitposts on Discord, and also allows you to sort out your thoughts and principles much more effectively than taking 

I just shitpost everywhere

• Like 4