Development Team Update, January 2022.

Prefontaine

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

I hope everyone is well post new year. I'd like to announce changes coming to the game, with a targeted release date of the end of February, 2022. Content largely comes from previous threads like this one. Lets get into it.

1. Expanded Rolls for Alliance Leadership
    • This will allow alliances to have several different ranks and more customization with permission sets for leadership in their alliance.
    • The testing is just about finished on this, if you want more information I believe it's still live on the test server.
  2. Treasure Trading
    • Treasures will now be tradable through a direct trade offer.
    • Some stipulations include:
      • Nations being unable to trade for a treasure if they already have one.
      • Treasures cannot be traded while an active war is in place
    • Some notifications to prevent exploiting new players that get a treasure will also be included.
  3. City impact on score is being reduced from 100 -> 75 for any city beyond the first.
  4. Credit purchasing caps are being increased from 10 -> 20 per month
  5. Three new Projects are being released and their info is as follows:

Government Support Agency

• Improves Domestic Policy Effect by 50% (5% -> 7.5%) (1% -> 1.5% for open markets)
  • Costs $20,000,000 - 200,000 Food - 10,000 Aluminun

Research and Development Center

• This project provides two project slots (net: one additional project slot)
  • Costs $50,000,000 - 100,000 Food - 5,000 Aluminum - 1,000 Uranium

Resource Production Center

• Every Turn the nation gets 1 raw resource for each raw resource they can mine besides food (based on a chart found Here) This bonus increases for every 2 cities they have up to 10. This Project no longer functions above 15 cities. 
  • Costs $500,000 - 1,000 Food

Some notes about the last one one, how the breakdown works:

1-2 Cities : 1 Raw Resource(s) Per Type
3-4 Cities : 2 Raw Resource(s) Per Type
5-6 Cities : 3 Raw Resource(s) Per Type
7-8 Cities : 4 Raw Resource(s) Per Type
9-10 Cities : 5 Raw Resource(s) Per Type (maxes at 180 raw resources per day)

• This project should not be able to be purchased by anyone with 16 or more cities
  • If a player has this project and buys their 16th city they should receive a notification stating “Your Resource Production Center Project has stopped functioning. It is recommended you destroy the project and replace it with a more useful one.”

Address Commodities!!!!

Edited by JadenStar10
  • Upvote 2

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

Just now, JadenStar10 said:

Address Commodities!!!!

Also when do we think these changes are gonna come into the game? Alliance Roles were promised to this game last year...

First, no. I will not at this time.

Second, second sentence. Hopeful date is by the end of February. The score change may get pushed back till the end of the war. 

• Like 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Credit purchasing caps are being increased from 10 -> 20 per month

Hello there, I would like order one pay to win shitpost now. Preferably with many curse words and expletives. Please send at your earliest convenience.

Edited by Malal
  • Haha 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Credit purchasing caps are being increased from 10 -> 20 per month

Why more pay2win?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

omnomnomnom

aiwBzRB.png

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

@Prefontainewhen you say purchasing caps, I assume you mean redemption caps. Because right now as I see it you can purchase as many as you want.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

@Prefontainewhen you say purchasing caps, I assume you mean redemption caps. Because right now as I see it you can purchase as many as you want.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something

Correct. I'll clarify the OP.

scSqPGJ.gif

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:
  1. Expanded Rolls for Alliance Leadership

• This will allow alliances to have several different ranks and more customization with permission sets for leadership in their alliance.
  • The testing is just about finished on this, if you want more information I believe it's still live on the test server.

Looking forward to this addition to the game. I've long thought the in-game government mechanics were limited and did not align with actual government roles.

4. Credit purchasing caps are being increased from 10 -> 20 per month

This change, however, I don't agree with at all and I think many people in the community will agree one that—already seeing from the limited responses thus far that I am certainly not alone in this regard.

So wait... you're using a project slot to get two? That just leaves you back with one again (what you started with anyway). If I'm reading this correct, this is literally useless and a waste of money/rss.

I like the other two projects, though.

Note: This is just my personal views on the changes. Feel free to disagree.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

8 minutes ago, Jacob Knox said:

So wait... you're using a project slot to get two? That just leaves you back with one again (what you started with anyway). If I'm reading this correct, this is literally useless and a waste of money/rss.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, this gives you two project slots, so it would cover the one that RDC takes as well as providing an extra one. So for instance if you had 9/9 slots and got RDC, you'd now have 10/11 slots.

Edited by Solomon Ben-David
Clarification

4.png

Just now, Solomon Ben-David said:

If I'm interpreting this correctly, this gives you two project slots, so it would cover the one that RDC takes as well as providing an extra one.

But then what's the benefit of doing that instead of getting the project you would use the other slot for in the slot that RDC took? You know what I mean? You're unnecessarily using a slot and spending money/rss to go back to square one (having one open project slot) and then using the project slot. It makes no sense and is pointless.

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

1 minute ago, Solomon Ben-David said:

If I'm interpreting this correctly, this gives you two project slots, so it would cover the one that RDC takes as well as providing an extra one.

Correct. You net a project slot. I takes one project slot itself, and gives you two in return.

scSqPGJ.gif

So to clarify, if I build this, I get to build two more projects? 

Say I'm city whatever and I use slot 20 to build this, then slot 21 and 22 become available? 

Or do I only get slot 21.

nvm answered above

Edited by Salvarity

Just now, Jacob Knox said:

But then what's the benefit of doing that instead of getting the project you would use the other slot for in the slot that RDC took? You know what I mean? You're unnecessarily using a slot and spending money/rss to go back to square one (having one open project slot) and then using the project slot. It makes no sense and is pointless.

I've edited it to make it more clear. Basically you get two extra slots, but the project takes one. For @Salvarity's case, you would get slot 21 and 22 if you use slot 20. So you have two open slots now instead of one.

• Upvote 1

4.png

I think my confusion can be clarified by asking:

Does RDC give two empty project slots or does it cover the project slot used for RDC then give you one empty slot?

Edit: Question answered lol. Thank you. I don't know why that confused me.

Edited by Jacob Knox
Question answered

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

Lets see if this clarifies. 

You have 9/10 project slots but want to buy both bauxiteworks and clinical research center. That would put you at 11/10. However if you buy the research dev center you now are at 10/12 project slots and can buy both projects you wanted.

• Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

4 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Lets see if this clarifies. 

You have 9/10 project slots but want to buy both bauxiteworks and clinical research center. That would put you at 11/10. However if you buy the research dev center you now are at 10/12 project slots and can buy both projects you wanted.

soooo post should say gives three
nets 2

right?

rawr

7 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

soooo post should say gives three
nets 2

right?

No, because you have 1 open slot before the project, and 2 open slots after the project.

It gives you two project slots but takes one, so you net 1 open project slot.

4.png