An Appeal to The Syndicate

Horsecock

I would hope at least that this post can prompt a larger conversation on the sort of toxicity that can result when people engage in political rhetoric merely to say "our side good" rather than to have a consistent approach that, whether others agree with it or not, they can at least respect as coming from a genuine and principled point of view.  It would be somewhat disheartening to see such obvious effort as the original poster showed simply be read for a few lines that people might wish to reject because they dislike what it implies without the entire message being taken to heart and discussed in an honest fashion.  Like many of the people who have replied already, I agree with a lot of what I read, and at the same time I am aware that there are those who disagree for one reason or another but who should be invited yet again to give a well-thought out and reasoned disagreement that allows us to see what sort of principles are held by those who are being called to account here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

i agree participating in any fa bad ... so imma just ignore that part of the post cause i know nothing and mute every public channel for wat little is left sanity

regarding the game health thing... can you elaborate on how it would be dynamic if we are locked into perpetual 1v1s and are "even" every time?
sounds boring if the fights dont change

liiikkkeeee also lesbireal an "even" fight with the chill social alliances isnt really even and i feel like we all know that >_<

side note: they should exist and serve a purpose so lets not go down that toxic line of arguments

it would just be.... war then and not politics as well???

i just dont feel like we have the population to support enough spheres to make things  actually interesting?

someone check muh logic plz i am very very retired

save me from procrastination
rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Horsecock said:

From my limited perspective, I think your theme is on the money, if a little heavy handed in the detail.  If NPO is heroin, then t$ is codeine (relatively benign but still bungs you up with poo).

Celer Et Audax

5 hours ago, Salvarity said:

~snip~

You've completely missed the point and have focused your post entirely on something HC never said. I think you need to go back and re-read what he said, he drew a line between his preference and the preferences of others and does not actually argue against political drama:

10 hours ago, Horsecock said:

I know that many people don't share this mentality, and that some major alliances enjoy a playstyle more focussed on public grandstanding, finger-pointing and moralising, especially in times of war. I respect that, and I don't want to discourage it in general. In fact, these things do add spice to the political landscape and can make the game more interesting.

Well written, HC. Interested to hear t$' response.

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I feel an important point has been lost here.

Another way in which T$ can be compared to the NPO is in regard to the utter contempt it shows for its allies. I know that in the vast majority of spheres there is a group of people that are driving matters forward, who make the majority of leadership decisions. Of course there are: nobody disputes that giving every member of a 300+ member sphere equal voice is going to lead to unworkable arguing further down the line. What I'm seeing from T$ however is that not only are they happy to drag people who apparently respect them and their sphere into conflicts, they're apparently willing to leave them high and dry in said conflicts by refusing to fight to the best of their ability. Attempting to throw a major war isn't just damaging to the health of the game, it's an utter slap in the face to those who fight alongside you and it's quite probably the most disgraceful way I've seen allies treated.

Just wondering, would Hollywood consider a white peace for the numerous smaller alliances that T$ has led into this mess? I can't think of a ship that's worth going down with less than this one at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4