[DoW] A Grumpy Old Bastard's Declaration of War

Sweeeeet Ronny D

7 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

The actions speak loudly that Grumpy simply isn't ready or willing to move on.  

Let's switch positions then. Say Grumpy considers it settled after this and we spend a couple months re-asserting that in our private channels. You'll consider it done?

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

I think our justifications for our previous moves were quite rational, and in response to rhetoric and/or actions from GoB. Duck Hunt was a preemptive strike, we didn't swing and miss, we put our hands up before we got suckered. 

Nonetheless, I really can't be bothered to dig into the history or go back and fourth on who's the bad guy. I can appreciate GoB giving some insight upfront as to their motivations since it seems some are still lacking on that (TKR). If it's revenge, in this case the second revenge war, since Duck Hunt was more or less justified by GoB for t$ hitting them during NPOLT I really don't know when it ends. The line has to be drawn at some point. The Syndicate made efforts since the summer, and this is the response we get. The actions speak loudly that GoB simply isn't ready or willing to move on.  

The last war we fought was t$ hitting HW because G/G man bad. How can you credibly say that "oh we'll let bygones be bygones, as long as we get the last laugh"?

You don't get to unilaterally decide to bury the hatchet. Feels like the fine folks at the Syndicate would have the social aptitude to understand that.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Let's switch positions then. Say Grumpy considers it settled after this and we spend a couple months re-asserting that in our private channels. You'll consider it done?

That's something I have no control over anymore. Personally, I'm genuine in wanting to move on. Hence why I'm taking this "when does the revenge end" stance. 

18 minutes ago, WarriorSoul said:

The last war we fought was t$ hitting HW because G/G man bad. How can you credibly say that "oh we'll let bygones be bygones, as long as we get the last laugh"?

You don't get to unilaterally decide to bury the hatchet. Feels like the fine folks at the Syndicate would have the social aptitude to understand that.

Our two sides have been in a perpetual state of tension for an extended period. Both sides got their licks in. We cannot unilaterally bury the hatchet, however we did extend an invitation to do so and that was vehemently denied as we now see. 

If you're unwilling to move on and just want to continue this then so be it, but The Syndicate was and remains stedfast in our hope of moving on and improving relations. If you want to remain vengeful and bitter then take that stance, see where it gets you. 

Edited by Justin076

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

however we did extend an invitation to do so and that was vehemently denied as we now see. 

It's not as you now see, we've been very open with our disagreements.

If you're unwilling to move on and just want to continue this then so be it, but The Syndicate was and remains stedfast in our hope of moving on and improving relations.

Great, then let's talk after we punch you guys a few times this war :P

12 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

I think our justifications for our previous moves were quite rational, and in response to rhetoric and/or actions from GoB. Duck Hunt was a preemptive strike, we didn't swing and miss, we put our hands up before we got suckered. 

Nonetheless, I really can't be bothered to dig into the history or go back and fourth on who's the bad guy. I can appreciate GoB giving some insight upfront as to their motivations since it seems some are still lacking on that (TKR). If it's revenge, in this case the second revenge war, since Duck Hunt was more or less justified by GoB for t$ hitting them during NPOLT I really don't know when it ends. The line has to be drawn at some point. The Syndicate made efforts since the summer, and this is the response we get. The actions speak loudly that GoB simply isn't ready or willing to move on.  

The fact that you continue to refer to us as GoB, I find to be a personal attack. 

I find it interesting that we are suppose to be good with you guys after all the times you have attacked us, but we hit you once, and now its on.  Just fascinating.

If you want to know my motivations, I keep a little list in my head of people that have wronged Grumpy, and I want to hit. When an alliance hits number 1 on that list, that is who I push to go after.  After you dog piled us with Rose last war, you guys finally moved to number 1, you had done a great job for a number of years staying at like 2 or 3 on my list, so I always had someone more important to fight than you guys.   

I know you guys think this is a back and forth with us, but remember this is the first time in the history of the game that we have attacked you and we have been around for 1950 days so we aren't exactly a spring chicken over here.

Note: As for Duck Hunt, as far as I know, beyond a conversation we had about hitting you, we never got beyond that point, and I publicly admitted that, talking about hitting you, and actually making a plan to hit you is two different things.  When TKR joined the old hedge money server, i specifically pointed it out to them, our high gov conversations on the subject.  So unless Keegz was doing some backroom stuff I didn't know about, Grumpy has always had the view that we had made no plans to attack you, until you guys started militarizing.  So yes, I continue to believe that was an aggressive attack made by you fueled by your own paranoia.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Mayor said:

Coming from you guys that is rich. Every war tS cries and moans about some little insignificant thing and tries to make a big deal about it before dogpiling and trying to act morally superior. Seriously tho, if there was a time to disband tS and your shitty little slave bloc then that time has long passed. Seeing you people cling to a once great alliance is pathetic and sad. No wonder Partisan left the game, probably was difficult to watch.

Damn, I wish I would have disbanded when I had the chance five years ago. Oh well.

Maybe one of these days I will know the answer to why there is not a Skynyrd album of just guitar solos/jams, and I will be a free bird.

• Haha 2

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

42 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Our two sides have been in a perpetual state of tension for an extended period. Both sides got their licks in. We cannot unilaterally bury the hatchet, however we did extend an invitation to do so and that was vehemently denied as we now see.

This isn't really true from Grumpy's point of view, I view you guys as generally paranoid and you think everything is about you, but if Grumpy really considered you a top tier threat, we would have attacked you before yesterday. 

Partisan and I both agreed years ago that we could never be allies, because it would create an absolute strangle hold on the upper tier, and in terms of competition that is not good for anyone.

I do think its a little silly that tS is in here like, hey you guys shouldn't want revenge on us.  The last war alone is more than enough reason to want revenge, and unlike you guys, we are actually giving you as fair of a fight as is considered reasonable.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Dream said:

Didn't half of your current allies attack you? 

They let it go

As stated in the DOW you have to try to roll Grumpy 4 times before they take revenge 

• Haha 2

Why people are crying about CBs. t$ has used the WEAKEST CBs in the past to hit several targets throughout history. Not saying they deserve this, but I am saying it’s REALLY like the pot calling the kettle black.

• Like 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1 hour ago, Kastor said:

Why people are crying about CBs. t$ has used the WEAKEST CBs in the past to hit several targets throughout history. Not saying they deserve this, but I am saying it’s REALLY like the pot calling the kettle black.

Because we can do it and we are the only sphere and alliance in this game blessed to do so. Anyone to try and do it is wrong and they know they are wrong. They will only have the endurance of one war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Lxr4VfE.png

4 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

Because we can do it and we are the only sphere and alliance in this game blessed to do so. Anyone to try and do it is wrong and they know they are wrong. They will only have the endurance of one war.

Stop your crying you huge bag of pump and dump breastmilk.

• Haha 5
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Kastor said:

I like your alliance haha :P

I´m most likely alone in this opinion, but here is my 2 cents (just don´t have more at the moment) : eternal grudge/revenge CB´s like this one acted out years after the original offence are as valid as any CB on Orbis, if GoB had come with the CB we just felt like doing something and hitting t$ half of you whining about it would be praising em.  Also CB as concept on Orbis is a weak one, there has been no real and immediate consequences for going with a weak or total bullshit CB, it´s not like you gonna get rolled by the whole game when using an "invalid one" , there might be some FA related push back down the road but even that is usually weak.  Also getting hit for something one did years ago adds to the unpredictability and fun on the FA landscape.

So in conclusion good luck with burning pixels on both sides, I have no strong feelings about who´ll win this one, I just like to watch Orbis burn a little     

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kalev60 said:

I´m most likely alone in this opinion, but here is my 2 cents (just don´t have more at the moment) : eternal grudge/revenge CB´s like this one acted out years after the original offence are as valid as any CB on Orbis, if GoB had come with the CB we just felt like doing something and hitting t$ half of you whining about it would be praising em.  Also CB as concept on Orbis is a weak one, there has been no real and immediate consequences for going with a weak or total bullshit CB, it´s not like you gonna get rolled by the whole game when using an "invalid one" , there might be some FA related push back down the road but even that is usually weak.  Also getting hit for something one did years ago adds to the unpredictability and fun on the FA landscape.

So in conclusion good luck with burning pixels on both sides, I have no strong feelings about who´ll win this one, I just like to watch Orbis burn a little     

There is no such thing as invalid reason for war as it is based around the perspective of the aggressor as to what is acceptable to them. The defender can argue it all they want but it does not invalidate the reason. The goal of fighting the CB is to win political capital for a war down the road or to make yourself look like less of a threat since you are being treated unfairly. 

Grumpy felt that over the years that the Syndicate has taken too many shots at them to simply walk away from so they decided that it was time to balance the books. This to me is acceptable as it is a fact that they have thrown down more times than anyone else and the most recent Rosewater dogpile serving as a prime example of it. 

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

12 hours ago, Placentica said:

Stop your crying you huge bag of pump and dump breastmilk.

Imagine being so pitiful that you have to come all the way to the next war, with completely different parties involved, and project your feelings onto other people there.

• Haha 2

Le1AjCa.png

10 hours ago, Justinian the Great said:

Idk where "both sides got their licks in" but us getting rolled in a dogpile definitely wasn't it.

I'm just happy to be considered enough of a threat as a young alliance to get dogpiled in the first place. Really boosts the ego. 

47 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

If you stopped being a big unstoppable hyper whale force with constricting tendencies I might consider not hitting you.

Just saying

Compare that to WANA's "we didn't want to be enemies anymore, how dare you hit us!!" Tfw I get instant results.