[DoW] A Grumpy Old Bastard's Declaration of War

Sweeeeet Ronny D

10 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I know you're old and half in the retirement home, so let me remind you. Knightfall was three and a half years ago. If you're holding a grudge over that, I find amazing that you can even remember back then, way to stay upset about something that was literally NINE global wars ago.

Grumpy:

1.gif.8276361455538b2250b320406860055a.gif

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

SRD, I would say I expected better of you, but that'd be a lie, I have to admit, and I'm not in the business of lying on the forums. This isn't a war because you're tired of us attacking you, this is a war because your feelings are hurt, and you want revenge. That's fine, you can come out and say it, everyone knows it. You're not the victim here, your ego is bruised and you want to soothe it, just say that.

My bad, I assumed it was implied when I talked about all the times you attacked us over and over again.  This is 100 percent a revenge thing for Grumpy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

My bad, I assumed it was implied when I talked about all the times you attacked us over and over again.  This is 100 percent a revenge thing for Grumpy.

I'm more making it clear that this isn't because you've been mistreated or bullied, and that you're not a victim here. You repeatedly went "We don't want more wars" and when you had a situation where you were offered no more wars, you instantly went "I want no more wars after WE win"

35 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I'm more making it clear that this isn't because you've been mistreated or bullied, and that you're not a victim here. You repeatedly went "We don't want more wars" and when you had a situation where you were offered no more wars, you instantly went "I want no more wars after WE win"

Well here is your chance to make me look like a moron, I know I have said I am sick of tS attacking us (because you attack us all the time).  Please share these multiple times I have said we don't want more wars, I'll even allow screen shots from our embassy if you can find them.  I know you guys have said multiple times in our embassy that you were good with us.  I specifically tried for the last few months to make it a point to never actually respond to those comments, because I was not good, and you made yourselves enemy number 1 in my eyes. 

• Upvote 4

• Robot Santa changed the title to [DoW] A Grumpy Old Bastard's Declaration of War
4 hours ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

-snip-

SRD's point is that Grumpy never initiated a fight against Syndicate.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

However, Syndicate always finds a way or reason to initiate on Grumpy.

(Grumpy has initiated fights against others though, like TKR during Chaos vs KETOGG.  Syndicate seems to be the one that has avoided it until now)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Nice, I'm a man that enjoys revenge. 

Good luck to all Involved 

8 hours ago, Buorhann said:

SRD's point is that Grumpy never initiated a fight against Syndicate.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

(Grumpy has initiated fights against others though, like TKR during Chaos vs KETOGG.  Syndicate seems to be the one that has avoided it until now)

The point is moot. There's a long history of tension, rhetoric and aggressive acts from both sides. I'm not going to pretend The Syndicate and GoB have had a candid relationship throughout it's history. However, since the summer The Syndicate has made an effort to put differences aside and move on with the hopes of preventing extended polarity and a perpetual state of tension and conflict between our two sides. Some members of Hollywood were receptive to our invitation of improving relations, but frankly that was obviously a load of bull. We extended our hand, toned down the rhetoric and then get slapped in the face. 

• Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

8 hours ago, Buorhann said:

And now they straight up gave us another reason! Really convenient. I'm already looking forward to next time. Not that this isn't entertaining enough, mind you.

23 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

However, since the summer The Syndicate has made an effort to put differences aside and move on with the hopes of preventing extended polarity and a perpetual state of tension and conflict between our two sides.

Screw that! Let's have extended polarity! Let's have a perpetual state of tension! I choose it, they clearly chose it, let's just go for it. Grumpy vs. Syndicate every 6 months for the next decade, at least. No respite. I am down to clown. War is peace, you buttlicking !@#$pigs.

6 hours ago, Mayor said:

Coming from you guys that is rich. Every war tS cries and moans about some little insignificant thing and tries to make a big deal about it before dogpiling and trying to act morally superior. Seriously tho, if there was a time to disband tS and your shitty little slave bloc then that time has long passed. Seeing you people cling to a once great alliance is pathetic and sad. No wonder Partisan left the game, probably was difficult to watch.

Lmfao, try harder dude. You can do it, I know you can.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

29 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

The point is moot. There's a long history of tension, rhetoric and aggressive acts from both sides. I'm not going to pretend The Syndicate and GoB have had a candid relationship throughout it's history. However, since the summer The Syndicate has made an effort to put differences aside and move on with the hopes of preventing extended polarity and a perpetual state of tension and conflict between our two sides. Some members of Hollywood were receptive to our invitation of improving relations, but frankly that was obviously a load of bull. We extended our hand, toned down the rhetoric and then get slapped in the face. 

I think parts of this are the closest to being true, but I actually think we have an incredibly candid relationship. We've made it very clear to t$ over the past 8 months or so that we do not consider the ledger cleared or the sheet balanced and that we take issue with the wars you've waged against us. I think we focus on different things, at least I do. The damage isn't the issue here, it's the targeting. You all justify multiple wars because we come out supposedly unscathed in some of them, but an aggressive war is an aggressive war. If you swing at us and miss, you still swung.

As for the efforts to move past this, I think SRD said it best, you punched us in the nose and then immediately were like, "okay, NOW we are good", but we've made it clear that we are not good with that. You'll find no bullshit in Grumpy, we've been straight about this from the get go.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Hodor said:

As for the efforts to move past this, I think SRD said it best, you punched us in the nose and then immediately were like, "okay, NOW we are good", but we've made it clear that we are not good with that. You'll find no bullshit in Grumpy, we've been straight about this from the get go.

Well, I think we're gonna need a few more punches after this until we're good. Maybe a headbutt or two as well. I hope that's clear and candid enough for you so you know what to expect.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

16 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I think parts of this are the closest to being true, but I actually think we have an incredibly candid relationship. We've made it very clear to t$ over the past 8 months or so that we do not consider the ledger cleared or the sheet balanced and that we take issue with the wars you've waged against us. I think we focus on different things, at least I do. The damage isn't the issue here, it's the targeting. You all justify multiple wars because we come out supposedly unscathed in some of them, but an aggressive war is an aggressive war. If you swing at us and miss, you still swung.

I think our justifications for our previous moves were quite rational, and in response to rhetoric and/or actions from GoB. Duck Hunt was a preemptive strike, we didn't swing and miss, we put our hands up before we got suckered. 

Nonetheless, I really can't be bothered to dig into the history or go back and fourth on who's the bad guy. I can appreciate GoB giving some insight upfront as to their motivations since it seems some are still lacking on that (TKR). If it's revenge, in this case the second revenge war, since Duck Hunt was more or less justified by GoB for t$ hitting them during NPOLT I really don't know when it ends. The line has to be drawn at some point. The Syndicate made efforts since the summer, and this is the response we get. The actions speak loudly that GoB simply isn't ready or willing to move on.  

• Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate