Cookies bug?

Aglet Guyn

• Administrators

Can you take a screenshot of it maybe?

When you open the game, there is a popup telling you that the game uses Cookies (pretty standard stuff). When you agree, it actually creates a cookie so that the website knows that you've already agreed to it and it doesn't need to show you again. Off the top of my head, that cookie may be set to expire after 365 days, meaning you would have to acknowledge it just once per year. So maybe that's what happened - you agreed a long time ago, and forgot about it, and now it's prompting you again?

image.png

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, time flies.  Yeah, I apparently joined the PnW Discord around January 27th, probably after a few days of doing the tutorials, so yeah it was end of January 2021.   Ok that resolves this, thank you!  

Edited by Aglet Guyn
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2022 at 6:34 AM, cristiking said:

Ok, but it doesn't let you play if you don't agree with cookies. Am I wrong?

You should still be able to play without agreeing to cookies.

53 minutes ago, mochakiji said:

I can't say for sure if it's a virus. Maybe you are downloading the wrong file formats of some program year after year, which causes numerous system errors.

It has already been resolved it's not a virus.

Also, friendly reminder, the Tech Support subforum is a no discussion subforum unless you are: the original poster, a moderator or admin, or someone with substantial evidence regarding the topic.

Or, more formally, as stated in the rules of this subforum (found here) : "Unless you are posting specific evidence as it relates to the technical support report or providing positive feedback and/or assistance on the report DO NOT post in a technical support thread."

Edited by Jacob Knox

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team