City Score Changes and Attack Ranges

Prefontaine

Score Ranges  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support having a hard cap down declare range? Your Hard down declare range would be [ ( City Count / 2 ) + 1 ] Rounded up.

• Yes, add the hard cap on down declaration range
    • No, only score ranges should matter for declaration ranges.
  2. 2. If a hard cap exists, when should it start taking effect city count-wise. (A C2 couldn't declare on a C1 with this formula. A C5 could only down declare to C4. A C7 to C5)

• At City Count 4. Down Declare Cap = C3
    • At City Count 5. Down Declare Cap = C4
    • At City Count 6. Down Declare Cap = C4
    • At City Count 7. Down Declare Cap = C5
    • At City Count 8. Down Declare Cap = C5
    • At City Count 9. Down Declare Cap = C6
    • At City Count 10. Down Declare Cap = C6
    • At City Count 11. Down Declare Cap = C7
    • At City Count 12. Down Declare Cap = C7
  3. 3. Should the City Score Contribution be reduced?

• Yes. Lowered to 75.
    • No. Keep it at 100.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/27/22 at 05:00 PM

16 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Yes, there were complaints in a previous poll that people who voted "no" for a change and didn't vote on what the change may look like if it happened didn't get a say. That's why IF the change happens, everyone should give their input on what they think it should look like. 

Do you think that working in phases would resolve this issue?
Instead of multiple votes at once that is.

I like the cap idea on downdeclares but city/2 seems like it's not solving the problem at all. I would make it so you can only declare down 75% of your city count. That right there would make it a much fairer game to the lower tiers often getting ganged on by whales.

c10 down to c8

c20 down to c15

c30 down to c23

c40 down to c30

etc.

• Downvote 1

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Discussing with Alex we will be implementing changes to the score formula only, reducing city impact on score from 100 -> 75. No caps on down declares will be implemented. We will be keeping an eye on extreme down declares in the coming months. In the event feelings switch to this change causing for too big of down declares we will revisit the conversation about city score and possible caps then. 

I believe the poll is set to close on Thursday, but I'm going with the information at this time. 63% in favor to change score, 71% against caps on down declares. 

EDIT: This change will be implemented after the current sphere war. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

On 1/21/2022 at 5:32 PM, Majima Goro said:

Now about the city cap on downdeclares: This might sound a lot theoritical but what if there was an alliance made up of c30s only and another with c15s only. In essense, the c30s wouldn't be able to ever declare on the c15s ever while the c15s would be able to. One might make the argument that the city counts would favour the c30s but not being able to retaliate at all, how long can the c30 hold themselves? The c15s could keep dragging down one c30 at a time for as long as they want never being retaliated against with offensive wars. 

this seems like the main issue with the idea of hard capping downdecs... in order to prevent this sort of play happening the already effectively useless hard cap would have to be moved even lower to the point where it makes no difference compared to the already implemented warscore ranges.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, Prefontaine said:

City score contribution was increased to help create less down declare huge gaps. To continue this while lowering City Count's impact on score a hard bottom on down declares will be implemented. That down declare cap will be calculated as follows: [ (City Count / 2) +1 ] Rounded up. Please use the poll to convey your thoughts on this change

If you reduce city score the effect will be to make down decs easier, and without a hard bottom the effect will be literally the opposite of "help[ing] to create less down declare huge gaps." 

Am I missing something? 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, MBaku said:

If you reduce city score the effect will be to make down decs easier, and without a hard bottom the effect will be literally the opposite of "help[ing] to create less down declare huge gaps." 

Am I missing something? 

nope, change working as intended.

8 hours ago, MBaku said:

Am I missing something? 

Score from military units deeply needs to be increased (something similar to the old score meta) to counter-balance it at the same time and punish idiots sitting on max military for no reason. But I guess that Alex, Prefontaine and the rest of the community will need a war to realize their mistake, as usual.

It's the entire score formula that needs to be reworked, not just city score. 

Edited by Pascal

On 1/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, Prefontaine said:

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Discussing with Alex we will be implementing changes to the score formula only, reducing city impact on score from 100 -> 75. No caps on down declares will be implemented. We will be keeping an eye on extreme down declares in the coming months. In the event feelings switch to this change causing for too big of down declares we will revisit the conversation about city score and possible caps then. 

I believe the poll is set to close on Thursday, but I'm going with the information at this time. 63% in favor to change score, 71% against caps on down declares. 

EDIT: This change will be implemented after the current sphere war. 

We don't often see eye to eye on changes, Prefontaine. But that shouldn't stop me from voicing my support when i see steps taken in the right direction. 
This will be a huge positiv change to raiding, that hopefully should help make the playstyle more viable for a higher tier of players. 

Even if it is less of score change then what Arrgh lobbied for, a compromised solution should hopefully be the best benefit for the most amount of players. 
I am hopefully that this might be sign for more postive updates for raiding in the future.  

Thank you Prefontaine. 

tenor (1).gif