Arrgh, piracy and whatnot..

Sam Cooper

Raiding is incredibly profitable at certain city counts and certain builds.

The thing that makes it unprofitable for many is whenever you get into the 10-15 city count and hit into the Top 25 alliances. At that point, you're guaranteed to get countered by people that are more than capable of shredding a pirate without blinking (because they have builds that are more than capable of making money without needing to resort to piracy) and they generally will punish you.

The point of most pirate alliances isn't money. It's to fight wars outside of globals and have fun. I can't say that I blame them.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2022 at 11:22 AM, Zim said:

Profit:
I honestly think you misunderstanding this one completly, Sam is saying that in lower tier raiding profitable is extremely easy thing to do, ones you get sorted through the overwhelming number of bad targets. 
The main expense at the low city tier opportunity cost, every action taken is contradicted with every action not taken. Basely picked not as profitable targets as you should have.
That why you have people that won 1000 wars at city 3, but only raided like 3 billion. It is clear compared to the top end of raiders that is extremely bad numbers. But everyone can do it at that tier, not just the top end of raiders. If you willing to stay at city 3 raiding will always be profitable, because you don't have the same expenses as the higher tiers. 

But they have no political impact on the game, who cares that it's a nation with 2 cities declare more wars then entire alliances doing a war. They can only ever bully new players, or haunt the occasional offshore. They won't have the political inpact on the game, like Arrgh or KT have. 

This is honestly something to think about.  This is the first time in a year I've read a good argument for why I should have more than a few cities.

Sadly, I just gave away all my billions last week when I thought I was going to die. (In real life; I was in an elevator accident a few years ago that put me in a wheelchair for 6 months, and while my legs healed, I sadly gained some circulation and heart valve problems, and some anger/bitterness over my probable imminent demise.)  

Well it is what it is.

• Upvote 2

On 1/15/2022 at 9:52 AM, Sam Cooper said:

And yes, mechanics should definitely be blamed if they are indirectly coercing me to adapt to a certain playstyle and ruining my game experience, no matter how competent you are you can simply never outplay the mechanics, just because you are an excellent pirate it would not give you a chance against someone with 330k men + 30 f*ing thousand tanks with your 300k soldiers lol

As a perpendicular point this warped range issue effectively limiting piracy to only be profitable below city 10 is one reason global wars don't last as long as they used to. They start and end in about 14 days as opposed to about 60-90 days. This is because higher tier targets are limited and it becomes difficult to hit the few people in range. They have slots filled by lower tiers or on beige for a week. 

• Thanks 1

Yarr harr fiddle e dee do what you want ‘cause a pirate is free.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, Justinian the Great said:

I think the point was more along the lines that Arrgh’s primary goal has been obfuscated over the years as the original pirates all died off. It was never supposed to be about money, it was about having fun in a game.

Raiding is profitable, as stated in the OP, but typically it’s also more profitable to swap to farming (even fighting globals every few months) once you reach a certain city count.

To your points though, there are things Arrgh could improve upon, like double dipping with city builds. I think Sam is just expressing his frustration with the constant complaints that Arrgh isn’t entertaining the rest of the game enough anymore. The pirates aren’t there for our entertainment, they’re there for theirs.

Whatever, apostate.

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:22 AM, Zim said:

Arrgh dosen't get noticed when it in the top of the scoreboard, get higher raiding stats then other alliances, fight wars other alliances wouldn't even dream of getting into, or follow an FA policy other alliances would consider suicidal, it just expected... it only get commented on when Arrgh isen't at the top. It's annoying as hell to listen to, when Arrgh is still the messuring stick used by other raiding alliances. 

Arrgh gets away with it simply because they don't have to change much during wars. When an alliance goes to war and gets blockade cycled or beaten into the ground with nothing more to lose, they never make the logical decision of switching into pure raiding and just hitting anyone in range regardless of alliance affiliation. Everyone knows that the alliance will refuse to expand the war and make money in an alternative fashion and will instead cave so they can return to farming. A war with arrgh, on the other hand, will have little effect on the actual revenue of their members. Blockading/beige cycling is difficult because they have no issue hitting micros for beige, blowing up their infra costs more in gas/mun for the attacker than the value of what they destroyed, and you can't even kill their income unless you slot fill every inactive in the game. The most that can be done against arrgh is crying to sheepy until he deletes beige again lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 11:30 PM, Baldrik said:

The thing that makes it unprofitable for many is whenever you get into the 10-15 city count and hit into the Top 25 alliances. At that point, you're guaranteed to get countered by people that are more than capable of shredding a pirate without blinking (because they have builds that are more than capable of making money without needing to resort to piracy) and they generally will punish you.

Nahh. Counters arent even a problem at 30+ cities too. Basically, 10-25 city range is the most lucrative range for a pirate to profit. People at 20 city+ profit more than lower peeps too

On 1/15/2022 at 3:31 AM, Aglet Guyn said:

This is honestly something to think about.  This is the first time in a year I've read a good argument for why I should have more than a few cities.

Sadly, I just gave away all my billions last week when I thought I was going to die. (In real life; I was in an elevator accident a few years ago that put me in a wheelchair for 6 months, and while my legs healed, I sadly gained some circulation and heart valve problems, and some anger/bitterness over my probable imminent demise.)  

Well it is what it is.

I hope you have a speedy recovery mate

On 1/13/2022 at 1:51 PM, Borg said:

Bots:
Obviously useful. At the end of the day it's a tool, and it automates tedious aspects of finding targets and running an alliance. 

every scripter, ever

csgo-cheater-sensorstechforum-hacked-mbr-malware-how-to-fix.jpg

Edited by Mars
  • Haha 1

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.