Federal Reserve

Malakai

I'd say reduce the in-nation reserves, and remove the alliance protection.

Alternatively, what do you think about certain buildings to protect resources? You can build a limited amount per city. Each will protect X of each raw resource, Y of each manufactured resource and Z cash. That way, you could have a trade-off: to protect some resources, you need to sacrifice some production or military, or buy more infrastructure (which will cost more to replace when it gets destroyed in war).

There's also the fact that victors looting your nation don't take all of your resources - only a fraction - so you technically already have a "reserve" of sorts.

Edited by Uranato
  • Upvote 1

Imperon Curator Uranato

13 hours ago, Malakai said:

Just like the federal reserve protects the financial system of specific countries, I think we could use the same principals here in the form of a project. 

Costs:
Cash:     $100M
Uranium: 5000
Gas: 7500
Steel: 5000
Aluminum: 7500
Munitions: 3500

Effect: Reduces amount of resources stolen from alliance bank when your nation is defeated in war by 2%. Protects a limited amount of resources held within your nation from being stolen when defeated in war.

Limits are a maximum as follows:

Raws: 250 tons per per city
Manufactured: 400 tons per city  
Cash:   $600k per city

I like the suggestion. But, I do agree with Uranato on his feedback. If this got configured better to implement, it could work.

On 12/19/2021 at 2:41 AM, Pythonian23 said:

In-nation protection seems a bit too high (2.5k raws, 4k manu, and 6m money at just c10), and the alliance bank protection seems too small. Other than that, this sounds really nice

There has to be some benefit to the purchaser or it won't be bought. W could scale the cost and effects to make it better used by raiding nations, or we could adjust the tons it saves based on city count. 1-10 it protects 100 tons per city, 11-20 175 tons per city, and 21+ 250 tons per city? What do you think?

On 12/19/2021 at 7:15 AM, Uranato said:

I'd say reduce the in-nation reserves, and remove the alliance protection.

Alternatively, what do you think about certain buildings to protect resources? You can build a limited amount per city. Each will protect X of each raw resource, Y of each manufactured resource and Z cash. That way, you could have a trade-off: to protect some resources, you need to sacrifice some production or military, or buy more infrastructure (which will cost more to replace when it gets destroyed in war).

There's also the fact that victors looting your nation don't take all of your resources - only a fraction - so you technically already have a "reserve" of sorts.

The in nation reserves are minimal. In my case it would barely be enough to cover building military units to stand up to a superior force. While they only take a percentage, the advent of slotting and cycling can and has resulted in days to weeks of attacks under total blockade, making it simple to empty the holdings in a nation. This is just a measure to add a bit of a balance back. It won't allow a nation to completely offset the damage being done, but if they wanted to make a last stand or say engage another enemy to help an alliance mate it would allow for it. It could be pie in the sky thinking, but I hope I'm making sense.

In regards to the building ideas what if banks were altered to per form that function and this project augmented that effect? Max banks in all cities gets you 50% of the protections and this project secures the other half? That would add another dynamic to warring, because if an attack took out a bank, you lose some coverage and a defeat means you could lose more than you wanted.

The exception people make take with this version is in a nation with one city, each bank would be worth 20% of the 50% total. Two cities would diminish that to 10%, and less and less as more cities are built. So in the end smaller nations would have more to lose if attacked vs. larger nations, at least in percentages, larger nations would more than likely have more holdings so maybe that's a bit of balance inherently built in?

Edited by Malakai
  • Upvote 1

I've refined the costs a bit to make the ROI a little more appealing. The original cost was almost $200M but now I've taken it to under half of that, with some variance obviously for the fluctuations driven by the market. Reducing the costs also makes it more viable for smaller nations. 

Cost:
$35M 
3500 Uranium
3500 Gasoline
3500 Steel
3500 Aluminum

Total Cost: $82.86M (12/21/2021)

• 2 months later...

I think it should be made the amount it protects should be in absolute numbers and thought with the idea of protecting those in cities 1-25. The project should be good enough to make every milcom department to at least consider it after the members have gotten IA, PB and MLP.

The reason for this being that raiding is way too profitable and this could be a good way to heavily reduce raiding profits.

• Downvote 1