Why we can't have nice things

Isjaki

12 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

rbtbllU0QjK5416Rnmbo6LJ4BIxKktbqP1Fjr8Zr9AnxZJuYeq-OArpHPaivU2RUW9kUHInQySP6hMu-d2XoAe3mg-ge4H1_lf2qYzh4k7kzqOtm65Pr9bjVMkzU_nL5HdgIh6pa

Finally, Public admittance to these treaties so no one can try and say they were not real.

• Upvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

7 minutes ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

My god it's happening again.

Somebody ring up the old folks and ask them if this looks like 2015 brewing a storm again.

@TheNG @Kriegskoenig My friends, looks like we're getting the gang back together.

Peace in our time

12 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

This is bad because, in the past, most wars have been tossups and milcom actually had to work hard to ensure victory, coming up with tactics like tier-locking, planes only etc. Over the last few wars since NPOLT, it has become easy to predict the eventual victor from the first few days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this like, really false? In fact some globals were even more skewed and the term "dogpile" barely even existed in the meta (if at all). I feel like the only thing that made the openings to wars more interesting was that competency vs. numbers was more pronounced and sphere/bloc treaties were activated significantly differently than today

(Will read the rest of the post later more in detail)

• Upvote 1

I personally don't see why being an opportunistic bloc is bad. Oasis plays the For Sale Meatshields for all other spheres and in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with selling yourself for use by others. 

• Haha 3

So, are we heading to a publicly bipolar world then? @Isjaki

And how soon?

Edited by JadenStar10

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

Minispheres were never going to work the way some people wanted them to, because they don't address any of the underlying causes of political stagnation on Orbis.

• Upvote 4

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

1 hour ago, Isjaki said:

Okay Isjaki, we get it, minispheres have failed to work as intended. So, what is the solution? Once again, we go back to our good old friend Tyrion for his opinion.

iposR_OE2wSmIufPYuZ_f0E3WDW1uTDiA_JFQtyjrXui5fmWk_SKSZa9XFq8equKrYN3JnIznXdiQACipSNjMhRLqLxVIU_jbns2AryH1LsOM9YpcSkvcwuiSZ6oOr-axD_kbtHB

That’s right, going back to a duopolistic Orbis is our best option. Wars will be drab, standard and boring, yes. But at least, both the sides will be more or less ‘equally’ matched, and competence, not numbers, will dictate the outcome.

Except that was an argument against 1v1 minispheres because it would always encourage the smallest bloc to expand to be bigger to avoid being an easy target. Whereas LT was suggesting using temporary team-ups that can vary from war to war depending on circumstances, with actual politics deciding what any groupings end up being. Now, differences of opinion are of course going to happen, but it seems weird to quote LT's opinion of what would happen in your version of minispheres as part of an argument against his version of minispheres when you didn't actually address the concern at all.

Edited by Alcyr
  • Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Alcyr said:

Except that was an argument against 1v1 minispheres because it would always encourage the smallest bloc to expand to be bigger to avoid being an easy target. Whereas LT was suggesting using temporary team-ups that can vary from war to war depending on circumstances, with actual politics deciding what any groupings end up being. Now, differences of opinion are of course going to happen, but it seems weird to quote LT's opinion of what would happen in your version of minispheres as part of an argument against his version of minispheres when you didn't actually address the concern at all.

Minispheres are meant to be independent regardless of how small and how large they actually are. Maybe some of the smaller spheres, if they are concerned about getting rolled, can sign prots within larger spheres. You can't have both safely and independence just as you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Different alliances from the smallest bloc can join different larger blocs to keep the relative bloc sizes in equilibrium.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eumirbago said:

The only thing this game needs is for The $yndicate and its allies to be the perennial king makers. This is the best thing that can happen for the game.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine cheeks getting clapped - forever.

• Haha 3

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

2 hours ago, Isjaki said:

“That sucks, Isjaki” you say, and I agree, it absolutely sucks. Unfortunately, we can’t have nice things, since Oasis has made it clear that they will seek secret treaties.

rbtbllU0QjK5416Rnmbo6LJ4BIxKktbqP1Fjr8Zr9AnxZJuYeq-OArpHPaivU2RUW9kUHInQySP6hMu-d2XoAe3mg-ge4H1_lf2qYzh4k7kzqOtm65Pr9bjVMkzU_nL5HdgIh6pa

Mystery has also made it clear that they will be seeking secret treaties 

AmpersandSecretTreaties.png

• Upvote 1

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 16-46-07 Settings - Politics & War Forum(1).png

11 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

Minispheres are meant to be independent regardless of how small and how large they actually are. Maybe some of the smaller spheres, if they are concerned about getting rolled, can sign prots within larger spheres. You can't have both safely and independence just as you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Different alliances from the smallest bloc can join different larger blocs to keep the relative bloc sizes in equilibrium.

Huh, so small blocs group up with larger blocs for safety permanently instead of temporarily. That sounds like you'd naturally gravitate towards a 2-sided world. I feel like I've heard that recently.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JadenStar10 said:

Finally, Public admittance to these treaties so no one can try and say they were not real.

they admit they had a secret treaty during Guns n Roses on Thalmor

• Like 1

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 16-46-07 Settings - Politics & War Forum(1).png