[DoW] I Mean It

Agent W

All this coward ass "lay down and die or hide behind daddy swamp" talk. 

What the !@#$ ever happened to seeing your enemy coming, knowing they're superior, and cackling like a deranged berserker as you blitz 30 into 900?

And this wasn't even that! And half their block wasn't even militarizing! 

Someone in orbis must've gotten a bloody fine new set of golf clubs and pitching wedges because otherwise I don't know where your spines up and went off to!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Etat said:

Is t$ the new Orbis Police Force wearing the righteous badge of game-health and re-imagining history for us all?

Er what? Where are you pulling that from. We've been pretty chill in relation to other conflicts.

4 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Er what? Where are you pulling that from. We've been pretty chill in relation to other conflicts.

Oh, our last war was supposedly all about game health too!  I mean it wasn't really, but it was in your DoW.  I guess I just detect a theme with how you guys are trying to market your actions.  Chill is good though :)  OPF really just a tongue in cheek comment

Edited by Etat

Celer Et Audax

1 minute ago, Etat said:

Oh, our last war was supposedly all about game health too!  I mean it wasn't really, but it was in your DoW.  I guess I just detect a theme with how you guys are trying to market your actions.  Chill is good though :)  OPF really just a tongue in cheek comment

How shortsighted and elitist of you to not realize that lower-tier consolidation is just as important an issue as upper tier consolidation. The elitism present is your world views is extremely off putting good sir. Small nations matter too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

How shortsighted and elitist of you to not realize that lower-tier consolidation is just as important an issue as upper tier consolidation. The elitism present is your world views is extremely off putting good sir. Small nations matter too.

Hahaha you've managed to unpack quite a bit out of my latest brainfart 😉  But of course I forget myself, not everyone is as fortunate as myself as to be graced with intelligence, good-looks and the ability to impress with my farts.  👈 go on, you know you want to pull it

• Haha 1

Celer Et Audax

4 hours ago, Azazel said:

Every other bloc is involved in a nap, of coarse we worked with Oasis! What do you expect, me to ring up the Johnson's.

Don’t even hint at such things. If you ever called up the Johnsons - the rest of the game might as well push the delete button. #InstaKill #JohnsonsHegemony

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

2 hours ago, Etat said:

The health of the game relies on us winning.

Edited by Eumirbago
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Lxr4VfE.png

7 hours ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Me and Alexio have settled our differences and The $yndicate has moved on from that for almost a year now, I'm not even sure he still plays the game. Is that something that is still a relevant topic in Ampersand? Yikes.

I still play just enjoying micro life, I’m kind of doing a grand tour of alliances just at a very slow pace because of RL responsibilities. 

Edited by Alexio15
  • Like 1

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

No they don't.

• Haha 1

Le1AjCa.png

If all levels of tier consolidation are as important as each other, what are you doing to reduce the tier consolidation that sees your bloc as having a massive advantage over everyone else at the 31-36 levels, and likewise regarding Hollywood who completely owns the highest tier (40+) with double the number of nations of the nearest bloc (Clock), and 10x the number of nations in your bloc?

You say this is all about tier consolidation, yet the majority of your wars are against MInc. nations. Pray tell, which tier is it exactly that you think MInc. are consolidating? With the exception of the lowest tiers where MInc. and BW are comparable, BW is larger than MInc at every tier.

10 hours ago, Arln said:

I used to think t$ was honorable back in the day but then TKR left quack and this is the syndicate we have now. Sad. 

What makes you think that we ever tried to be honorable or ever saw being honorable as a good thing?

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

2 hours ago, LukeTP said:

You say this is all about tier consolidation, yet the majority of your wars are against MInc. nations. Pray tell, which tier is it exactly that you think MInc. are consolidating? With the exception of the lowest tiers where MInc. and BW are comparable, BW is larger than MInc at every tier.

You are trying to spin MInc and Oasis as being independent spheres when everyone knows you’re not. You played your hand already. MInc and Oasis will be treated as one sphere until proven otherwise, which will be after this war at best. You guys wanted to sign a treaty, now live with the consequences and implications of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zach LaVine said:

You are trying to spin MInc and Oasis as being independent spheres when everyone knows you’re not. You played your hand already. MInc and Oasis will be treated as one sphere until proven otherwise, which will be after this war at best. You guys wanted to sign a treaty, now live with the consequences and implications of it.

If that's the case, why did Oasis try and cancel the temporary MDP and hang us out to dry as a result? The only reason Oasis are currently being attacked as well is because they didn't do it quick enough...

8 minutes ago, LukeTP said:

If that's the case, why did Oasis try and cancel the temporary MDP and hang us out to dry as a result? The only reason Oasis are currently being attacked as well is because they didn't do it quick enough...

Because you guys realized it wasn’t a good idea to make your treaty public and you panicked and chose to cancel in the hopes that it would save you. Everything you guys have done has been because you’re cowards and running from a fight, your goals have always been to just not lose. You never try and win.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Zach LaVine said:

Because you guys realized it wasn’t a good idea to make your treaty public and you panicked and chose to cancel in the hopes that it would save you. Everything you guys have done has been because you’re cowards and running from a fight, your goals have always been to just not lose. You never try and win.

By that theory we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't. If we make the treaty public, we get slated for it. If we don't make it public and then trigger it after getting attacked, we get accused of holding secret treaties.

The simple fact is, the war was going to happen regardless of the actions we did or did not take.

Also, nothing was said of my point regarding the tier consolidation that your own side partakes in.

Edited by LukeTP

34 minutes ago, LukeTP said:

By that theory we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't. If we make the treaty public, we get slated for it. If we don't make it public and then trigger it after getting attacked, we get accused of holding secret treaties.

The simple fact is, the war was going to happen regardless of the actions we did or did not take.

Also, nothing was said of my point regarding the tier consolidation that your own side partakes in.

Or alternatively maybe you could just not make the treaty at all? I feel like that’s the obvious course of action here. You don’t have to go running to another sphere for help every time you’re at risk of fighting a war that isn’t an insane dogpile in your favor. And honestly I’m not qualified to talk about your point regarding our tier consolidation nor do I particularly care about it, I’m just talking about what I know.

1 hour ago, LukeTP said:

Just gonna shine light on the fact that Oasis wouldn't be at war right now if it wasn't for them signing Mystery. It is also been stated much better elsewhere that the community will tolerate coalition building for Offensive wars but view private defensive treaties as a problem.

• Upvote 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

29 minutes ago, Zach LaVine said:

Or alternatively maybe you could just not make the treaty at all? I feel like that’s the obvious course of action here. You don’t have to go running to another sphere for help every time you’re at risk of fighting a war that isn’t an insane dogpile in your favor. And honestly I’m not qualified to talk about your point regarding our tier consolidation nor do I particularly care about it, I’m just talking about what I know.

If you're not qualified to talk about something that does affect your alliance, how can you be qualified to talk about something that affects someone else's alliance?

The basis that people are applying to whether it was reasonable or not to move to defend ourselves, is whether we should have assumed that part of a bloc militarising in readiness of hitting part of our bloc, was not a precursor to the entirely of that bloc from militarising to hit us. Friendly/fun/etc. wars are not without precedence (indeed i've been in a couple myself in the past), but when they were friendly/fun/etc. wars, they were discussed by both sides, rather than being forced by one on the other without any kind of context.

On dogpiles, I cannot speak for others in MInc or elsewhere, but within TCW, we have been on both sides of a dogpile on many occasions in the past, and we have been clear that we think they are wrong, and more importantly, boring, regardless of which side of it you are on. We refused to join the war against HW earlier this year, when asked to enter, on the basis that if we did we would have been contributing to a dogpile. Facts simply do not support your fiction.

9 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

Just gonna shine light on the fact that Oasis wouldn't be at war right now if it wasn't for them signing Mystery. It is also been stated much better elsewhere that the community will tolerate coalition building for Offensive wars but view private defensive treaties as a problem.

I'm not from Oasis, i'm in TCW, therefore MInc. So my point stands.

12 minutes ago, LukeTP said:

If you're not qualified to talk about something that does affect your alliance, how can you be qualified to talk about something that affects someone else's alliance?

The basis that people are applying to whether it was reasonable or not to move to defend ourselves, is whether we should have assumed that part of a bloc militarising in readiness of hitting part of our bloc, was not a precursor to the entirely of that bloc from militarising to hit us. Friendly/fun/etc. wars are not without precedence (indeed i've been in a couple myself in the past), but when they were friendly/fun/etc. wars, they were discussed by both sides, rather than being forced by one on the other without any kind of context.

On dogpiles, I cannot speak for others in MInc or elsewhere, but within TCW, we have been on both sides of a dogpile on many occasions in the past, and we have been clear that we think they are wrong, and more importantly, boring, regardless of which side of it you are on. We refused to join the war against HW earlier this year, when asked to enter, on the basis that if we did we would have been contributing to a dogpile. Facts simply do not support your fiction.

I'm not from Oasis, i'm in TCW, therefore MInc. So my point stands.

Thought you were in TI. Either way doesn't matter, if you guys wouldn't have signed the MDP you would be fighting two alliances not two spheres. 

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

19 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

Thought you were in TI. Either way doesn't matter, if you guys wouldn't have signed the MDP you would be fighting two alliances not two spheres. 

34 minutes ago, LukeTP said:

14 minutes ago, LukeTP said:

Your argument would hold more water, if the cue for mass militarisation hadn't been the actions of the very megasphere you created.

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm