[Treaty] Mystery in the Oasis

Velyni Vas

11 hours ago, Justinian the Great said:

IMO this is the result of years of spinning the narrative in such a way that they sold themselves on their own lie. It runs all the way back to IQ's line of "Even though we're larger, we're less competent overall so we have to form a much larger sphere."

To this year's favorite tagline: "Hollywood is the new hegemony, look at how many whales!"

Oasis and Minc sold themselves on the attitude of losing in 1v1 scenarios and they sold themselves on the lie that they're the smallest spheres "BY A HUGE MARGIN!!!" Without running the numbers, making data-driven decisions, and actually paying attention to what resources they have at their disposal.

It's an echo chamber effect similar to what we see with IRL politics right now. Facts are just what your particular group agrees they are. Now their FA people are shocked the world is, yet again, upset at spheres teaming up.

I'd have loved to see the world universally denounce Oasis/Minc/Rose for tripling up on HW two wars ago or Blackwater+Rose for doubling up on HW last war. But it comes back to feelings trumping facts.

I'm just going to respond because I feel like I always respond to you in these situations and it's tradition.

If you'd rather go back to something like NPOLT than have minisphere drama, you're freaking nuts. Regardless of what combination is teaming up today, it's still far more dynamic than a single alliance occasionally changing sides in the bipolar world of 2016.

Score doesn't matter. It inflates with military, it deflates with infra loss.

Look at tiering, people have posted some charts in here already. The people using score in their argument should feel actually bad but I assume they're just trying to illustrate their point.

What I'd personally prefer are no blocs at all, but instead have a web made up of numerous smaller treaties and ties between countless alliances. In layman's terms it would be essentially 20 microspheres with these microspheres not cooperating at all with other spheres in large global style conflicts. 

Idealistic yes? But that's what minispheres as a concept essentially is. An idealistic pipe dream in which you are hoping alliances and blocs willingly maintain their strength in roughly relative comparison to their opponents, and hope their opponents do the same. It simply cannot work. Only a fool for an alliance leader would willingly adopt a strategy which places their alliance at a level of risk by deliberately weakening their own strength just to be comparable to their opponents.

I've said before but if we truly want minispheres, we need an in-game mechanic which actively encourages regionalisation. Perhaps have the in-game nation map assume larger importance in dictating control of a continent and associated bonuses with map placement in turn limiting military capabilities ( north American soldiers for instance being unable to attack African nations on a whim without steep associated penalties due to distance etc). Or something similar with team colours which acts an incentive for a more regionalised treaty web and more regionalised conflict.

My point is, if we want minispheres, we need something better than the good intentions of alliance leaders since experience has shown us for half a decade it simply does not work.  Countless conflicts , countless blocs and wars, along with the regular appearance of secret treaties. If the point hasn't been established by now then I don't know what will.

Edited by Charles Bolivar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Untitled.png

On 12/7/2021 at 9:29 PM, Arln said:

My bad. The smallest sphere in the game should just allow itself to be attacked and trampled. That’s on me bro

Or just don’t be a bunch cucks and hit first. Don’t run and hide. 

pretty sure when Cam ran their mouths when I was in TLE we didn’t go running to some bigger alliance, we just hit them in the mouth

but I know that’s asking a lot from &

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

You know how those movies ended right?

no idk. Mys oasis should know

1 hour ago, Keegoz said:

They nuke themselves.

really?

I thought somebody else will

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

Eh this is interesting to say the least.

These are 2 politically irrelevant spheres, any of the other 4 on the other hand have competent alliances and are capable of engaging in an offensive war even if they don't believe they're gonna get preempted. Furthermore, these 2 spheres are pretty bad, by far the 2 worst in game, so I doubt they'd be able to even carry out a preempetive strike on anyone big enough for them, which would be anyone half their size.

This said, they just put a huge target on their backs. No one would have gone for any of those spheres individually unless it was a quick war for shits and giggles. On the other hand, props for at least making it public, as I remember (and know for a fact) Rose used to have a paperless treaty with Immortals not long ago, so at least here everyone can see with their own eyes.

The comparison to IQ only makes sense in numbers, as IQ did have 2 big alliances who could fight (NPO and BK). What we have here is simply 2 groupings which are scared of being rolled, so in their naive minds they thought making something like this public would deter rather than draw attention to them. They should have gone about it the brave and beautiful way done by Rose under their previous leadership, through inter-sphere paperless ties which apparently aren't frowned upon for some reason like they used to in the past, unless the situation favors you, which is great for consistency but that's what we have now.

So yeah good luck with this, although I suspect it's gonna have the opposite effect of what you were hoping for.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If there's something that deserves the worst FA move of the year, this is it folks. You forgot to realize that 2 spheres can coordinate together and then hit you to match your numbers. Such sheer incompetency, but hey what did I expect. From a milcom standpoint, this move doesn't make sense any way, shape or form [tiering and military wise] since you will still have a disadvantage in your upper tier [the key to win all wars]. By consolidating, you now make other spheres to paint you as a dominant power and attack you to combat this threat.

Edited by Key
  • Upvote 1

676912258_galaxybrain.webp.5c1275f9a627f0a3b84e6f73d163a6c5.webp

My opinion may not reflect those of my alliance or its affiliates. Please read at your own discretion.