[Treaty] Mystery in the Oasis

Velyni Vas

1 hour ago, KillzBob said:

Imagine fighting in a war to stop Hedges to now making one. This has to be the stupidest thing i have seen.

You're wrong to assume that they cared about that to start with, I highly doubt that seeing the WOTs they've been posting. I think you could consider this as an opportunity taken? I honestly have no clue what they're trying to sell hrre with the temp treaty stuff but it sure is hilarious.

Imo it is more like - "let's stay tied 'till we hit [bloc name] and then we could just part ways, no harm done!"

Ain't that clever now, whoever came up with this - Bro..... :chromo:

image.png.53cb39df314b30232b410b94801b6f72.png

13 hours ago, Arln said:

The smallest sphere in the game should just allow itself to be attacked and trampled. That’s on me bro

Its on yall for thinking that you're more important than you actually are 😀

(You might not get this rn but wait for a bit and you'll see soon enough) 

• Upvote 2

image.png.53cb39df314b30232b410b94801b6f72.png

Imagine forming a megasphere when literally everyone wants microspheres.

20 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

>Oasis literally the largest sphere by city count in the game

>Still too scared to do anything on their own

>Combines with Minc

>???

>We have 1 major sphere almost double the city count of the next largest sphere and the rest as de facto minors who have little to no numerical advantage whatsoever if they do want to do something on their own

This is not dynamic. This is the same consolidation of minispheres that has been going on for years.

halve their city count and that's their actually usuable city count. they have to have 2:1 advantage to have a fair chance.

This shit is seriously cowardly, it seems Swamp was only supportive of micro blocs/spheres as long as they weren't ever threatened. I truly thought that Oasis/Mystery was totally onboard with micro spheres but this is pretty disappointing to see. Props on making your treaty public though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Downloads.jpg.f8cec0ed86ab61876072ab7847b52f92.jpg

18 hours ago, Arln said:

My bad. The smallest sphere in the game should just allow itself to be attacked and trampled. That’s on me bro

This is the third time we’re in this situation, why should it be different this time than with Quack or Hollywood? What’s changed to make it okay now in your eyes? And if those two were very unpopular, why would this sphere be any different?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Zach LaVine said:

This is the third time we’re in this situation, why should it be different this time than with Quack or Hollywood? What’s changed to make it okay now in your eyes? And if those two were very unpopular, why would this sphere be any different?

Because Quack and Hollywood was a block that was to be conjoined for the foreseeable future. This as i have said multiple times now is a collaboration for one war then it’s over. 

Edited by Arln
  • Downvote 7

3 hours ago, Arln said:

Because Quack and Hollywood was a block that was to be conjoined for the foreseeable future. This as i have said multiple times now is a collaboration for one war then it’s over. 

And I have said multiple times now that you simply don’t sign a treaty for that purpose, it‘s never been done like that. So either you’re lying or you’re inept and should be nowhere near government. Neither of those reflect well on you. Which is it?

• Upvote 4

I honestly should've just posted this beforehand but I'm gonna give a full spill then I probably won't check this thread again. Having to repeat yourself over and over again is just kind of annoying.

We had reason to believe an attack was coming our way. There was three options put before us. We had reason to believe an attack was coming our way. We sit and do nothing, we sign a secret agreement, we make a public agreement. You'd be an idiot to standby and just get coomed on. The general public, including myself, doesn't really care for secret agreements. So we went with make a temporary public agreement. It was well known people would have salt for this. However, I'm saying it one last time: This isn't a bloc or sphere. It's a temporary partnership. There's not always a right or wrong decision. Either you please non-involved parties and the enemy or yourself. Hm. Hard decision? Not really. You can't always be right or wrong, but at least you can be honest. From a unbiased perspective, I'd say I'd be a bit alarmed. Angry even. But in the end this was better than option two. By far. I get where people are coming from of course, but I also see that it was possibly necessary.

The End

p.s. feel free to reply though i probably won't read 😉

• Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, Arln said:

I honestly should've just posted this beforehand but I'm gonna give a full spill then I probably won't check this thread again. Having to repeat yourself over and over again is just kind of annoying.

We had reason to believe an attack was coming our way. There was three options put before us. We had reason to believe an attack was coming our way. We sit and do nothing, we sign a secret agreement, we make a public agreement. You'd be an idiot to standby and just get coomed on. The general public, including myself, doesn't really care for secret agreements. So we went with make a temporary public agreement. It was well known people would have salt for this. However, I'm saying it one last time: This isn't a bloc or sphere. It's a temporary partnership. There's not always a right or wrong decision. Either you please non-involved parties and the enemy or yourself. Hm. Hard decision? Not really. You can't always be right or wrong, but at least you can be honest. From a unbiased perspective, I'd say I'd be a bit alarmed. Angry even. But in the end this was better than option two. By far. I get where people are coming from of course, but I also see that it was possibly necessary.

The End

p.s. feel free to reply though i probably won't read 😉

So basically at any point you feel threatened you intend to team up with a bloc and give them overwhelming numbers. Sounds to me like you need a rethink to your sphere, something that needed to happen when Camelot left and desperately needed when Aurora/Weebunism left.

However you cut it, you're not the smallest sphere in the game and not small enough to join another sphere to just even out a war.

• Upvote 4

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Does this finally mean we can stop arguing about minispheres now, and just relegate it to the dustbin of idealistic dreams? It's been a discussion point now for half a decade after all. If this move doesn't indicate why minispheres will never be a reality then I don't know what else will 🤣

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Untitled.png

Just out of curiosity what do the numbers look like if every sphere was at max score (max military).

I know the Oasis/mystery temp block will still hold the top spot by a decent margin but it would help make a clearer narrative for both sides.

Oasis has been a trash bloc since the very start. I know they try to pretend they are this noble, saintly group of peaceful people; but I remember when they all went on that crying spree when Hollywoo attacked Rose and they were so upset and taken out of their safe space. This is literally their modus operandi, *detect threat* sign nearest bloc, pretend doing this for moral reason, !@#$ and moan about unfairness, jump into 'winning' (even when they try to dogpile they lose badly) side of the war. I am surprised people didn't see this one coming from two groups who have previously done this exact thing. Woo minispheres!

Oasis is the biggest hypocrites in this game, as always. Never change guys.

22 hours ago, Dream said:

You're wrong to assume that they cared about that to start with, I highly doubt that seeing the WOTs they've been posting. I think you could consider this as an opportunity taken? I honestly have no clue what they're trying to sell hrre with the temp treaty stuff but it sure is hilarious.

Imo it is more like - "let's stay tied 'till we hit [bloc name] and then we could just part ways, no harm done!"

Ain't that clever now, whoever came up with this - Bro..... :chromo:

IMO this is the result of years of spinning the narrative in such a way that they sold themselves on their own lie. It runs all the way back to IQ's line of "Even though we're larger, we're less competent overall so we have to form a much larger sphere."

To this year's favorite tagline: "Hollywood is the new hegemony, look at how many whales!"

Oasis and Minc sold themselves on the attitude of losing in 1v1 scenarios and they sold themselves on the lie that they're the smallest spheres "BY A HUGE MARGIN!!!" Without running the numbers, making data-driven decisions, and actually paying attention to what resources they have at their disposal.

It's an echo chamber effect similar to what we see with IRL politics right now. Facts are just what your particular group agrees they are. Now their FA people are shocked the world is, yet again, upset at spheres teaming up.

I'd have loved to see the world universally denounce Oasis/Minc/Rose for tripling up on HW two wars ago or Blackwater+Rose for doubling up on HW last war. But it comes back to feelings trumping facts.

5 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Does this finally mean we can stop arguing about minispheres now, and just relegate it to the dustbin of idealistic dreams? It's been a discussion point now for half a decade after all. If this move doesn't indicate why minispheres will never be a reality then I don't know what else will 🤣

I'm just going to respond because I feel like I always respond to you in these situations and it's tradition.

If you'd rather go back to something like NPOLT than have minisphere drama, you're freaking nuts. Regardless of what combination is teaming up today, it's still far more dynamic than a single alliance occasionally changing sides in the bipolar world of 2016.

2 hours ago, Zevari said:

Just out of curiosity what do the numbers look like if every sphere was at max score (max military).

I know the Oasis/mystery temp block will still hold the top spot by a decent margin but it would help make a clearer narrative for both sides.

Score doesn't matter. It inflates with military, it deflates with infra loss.

Look at tiering, people have posted some charts in here already. The people using score in their argument should feel actually bad but I assume they're just trying to illustrate their point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mayor said:

Oasis has been a trash bloc since the very start. I know they try to pretend they are this noble, saintly group of peaceful people; but I remember when they all went on that crying spree when Hollywoo attacked Rose and they were so upset and taken out of their safe space. This is literally their modus operandi, *detect threat* sign nearest bloc, pretend doing this for moral reason, !@#$ and moan about unfairness, jump into 'winning' (even when they try to dogpile they lose badly) side of the war. I am surprised people didn't see this one coming from two groups who have previously done this exact thing. Woo minispheres!

Oasis is the biggest hypocrites in this game, as always. Never change guys.

Seethe more ❤️

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1