Policies ACTUALLY affects the nation

Irl, policies are very important when it comes to ruling a nation, although in Politics & War, policies are treated as if they are not important at all. This is due to the fact that policies only affect your nation in roleplay. I suggest that policies should be given at least a little amount of importance. For example:

- If your Immigration policy is; "The government will accept all immigrants and grants amnesty to illegal immigrants", then your population increases.

- If hard drugs are completely legal in your nation, disease will increase in cities.

- If citizens are allowed to own and possess any and all types of weapons, crime rate increases in cities.

These are just a few examples and I wouldn't want every policy to affect my nation.

• Downvote 4

13 hours ago, 𝕰𝖑 𝕽𝖆𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖓 said:

Irl, policies are very important when it comes to ruling a nation, although in Politics & War, policies are treated as if they are not important at all. This is due to the fact that policies only affect your nation in roleplay. I suggest that policies should be given at least a little amount of importance. For example:

- If your Immigration policy is; "The government will accept all immigrants and grants amnesty to illegal immigrants", then your population increases.

- If hard drugs are completely legal in your nation, disease will increase in cities.

- If citizens are allowed to own and possess any and all types of weapons, crime rate increases in cities.

These are just a few examples and I wouldn't want every policy to affect my nation.

If we went down that route, it should be all policies or none. There should be no sacred cows. And the point (I presume) is to not allow personal political ideologies that one might use when choosing their policies, or when role playing (if one likes to do that) affect their material nation.

I would be strictly against anything like this being implemented. If anything I would like to see role play sections be further delineated and marked different from other parts of the nation page so as to not confuse new players.

• Upvote 3

unless u make their be significant trade-offs, then as everyone already said, the 3 CS PHD's wil run thier code, figure out the best one, and noob training guide gets a new section "Nation Policies".

Example

Immigration:

- Open Border: + Population, + Crime

- CLosed Border: - Population, - Crime

Drugs:

- Potheads: + Crime, + Revenue

- Chads: - Crime, - Revenue

But even then, the mad genius;s would be able to figure out the magic formula that would optimize the system. unless we keep the perk's actual values hidden, and even then i dont think it would stop ppl from just using this as another meta fact

On 12/8/2021 at 4:55 AM, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

But even then, the mad genius;s would be able to figure out the magic formula that would optimize the system. unless we keep the perk's actual values hidden, and even then i dont think it would stop ppl from just using this as another meta fact

I have the pleasure of working with some of the brightest econ minds in the game, (rose's econ departement ofcourse), and I can tell you that you do not need a mad genius to figure it out, just some econ brains and 2 or 3 days of time.
I am sure other alliances also have a great econ departement and they would figure it out in a few days time too. 
If you make the variables hidden, it will be figured out too, but it will take a big longer.

Unless you make your policies have hidden atributes and interact with eachother in unique ways (eg multipliers reductions, cancelations), have "noise" on nation income so you dont just earn the same every turn and preferably add some noise to the varaibles themselves people will figure it out.

I personally do not think putting in all the time to make secret effects is worth it. I do not think it is feasible to do without secret effects because you will hurt the people who like RP'ing because of economic efficiency.

• Upvote 1