Climate change

Lumo Wojiak-Deng

Is climate change real?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think climate change is real

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

I would like to point out that I believe climate change is a problem but at the same time (while we need to fix it) they do make it look bigger than it really is. In politics you blow all your problems out of proportion so that people will support you in fixing them.

So while I support fixing it and I do believe it is a problem I just felt like you guys should know that those in power and those that write about this problem have made it look bigger.

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, James J Brown said:

I have an unpopular opinion (supported by facts) on this issue.

Climate change is definitely real, but I don't think humans have much of an effect on it.

This is something humans do not like to think about much, the fact that we can't control the world yet. I would say that that is the most likely option out of the three theories of humans' caused it, it ain't real, or its nature taking its course. We have only observed the earth's temp for less than two hundred years. We do not know how much the earth's temp has change before then. More than likely we are witnessing a regular cycle of the earth that we haven't documented cause it happens only every few hundred years.

Edited by Balish
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

5 hours ago, Balish said:

This is something humans do not like to think about much, the fact that we can't control the world yet. I would say that that is the most likely option out of the three theories of humans' caused it, it ain't real, or its nature taking its course. We have only observed the earth's temp for less than two hundred years. We do not know how much the earth's temp has change before then. More than likely we are witnessing a regular cycle of the earth that we haven't documented cause it happens only every few hundred years.

Exactly. According to ice core samples (admittedly, only accurate to a certain degree), the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was 3x what is is now.

There are so many different factors that come into play when it comes to the earth's climate; and we can't really predict exactly what's going to happen over the next few years, never mind the next few days! As a matter of fact, in the 1970s, everyone thought we were plunging into a modern ice age due to a relative drop in global temperature.

Best thing to do is just try to understand things to a certain extent, and do what's reasonable. If sustainable energy (wind, solar, geothermal, etc.) becomes economically and physically viable in the future, I'm all for it. Right now though, I'm completely fine with burning fossil fuels for energy. In fact, fossil fuels are actually "renewable" in a sense; the CO2 that is released into the atmosphere is absorbed by plants, which in turn grow and release oxygen for us to breathe. Plants also are food for natural organisms, who then die. The remains of those organisms become fossil fuels over time (with heat and pressure) and are then burned again, releasing more CO2.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2022 at 12:45 AM, James J Brown said:

Exactly. According to ice core samples (admittedly, only accurate to a certain degree), the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was 3x what is is now.

There are so many different factors that come into play when it comes to the earth's climate; and we can't really predict exactly what's going to happen over the next few years, never mind the next few days! As a matter of fact, in the 1970s, everyone thought we were plunging into a modern ice age due to a relative drop in global temperature.

Best thing to do is just try to understand things to a certain extent, and do what's reasonable. If sustainable energy (wind, solar, geothermal, etc.) becomes economically and physically viable in the future, I'm all for it. Right now though, I'm completely fine with burning fossil fuels for energy. In fact, fossil fuels are actually "renewable" in a sense; the CO2 that is released into the atmosphere is absorbed by plants, which in turn grow and release oxygen for us to breathe. Plants also are food for natural organisms, who then die. The remains of those organisms become fossil fuels over time (with heat and pressure) and are then burned again, releasing more CO2.

Yes but there’s only so many plants in the world