Soldiers to Air Craft

Speaker Faris Wheeler

Soldiers can't touch aircraft, and aircraft attacking soldiers tend to kill very very little amount of those squishy sack of meat its hilarious. They both have differing formulas for damage, so... yeah, not comparable.

UedhRvY.png

I think soldiers need to have a chance to kill planes during air attacks it just makes since

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

I think soldiers need to have a chance to kill planes during air attacks it just makes since

In terms of absolute realism, yes soldier can kill planes. However, in game I don't think this would work. Think about it, a soldier costs 2 bucks. Meanwhile a plane costs $3,000 plus 3 aluminum. It doesn't make sense to have a cheap and expendable unit able kill an expensive one which takes time to build up in large numbers. Right now airstrikes are virtually useless against soldiers, giving soldiers the ability to hit planes would just kill expensive planes, while leaving soldiers basically untouched, which is pretty unbalanced. If airstrikes did a lot more damage vs. soldiers, then this might be reasonable, but certainly not now.

• Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Though that does bring up the idea of a project (Anti Aircraft battery) that can provide some random ground vs air bonuses for defense. And have it be a project that can be built multiple times for increased bonus to a point?

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Planes are where it's at. Just buy many planes. you will be all set.

But if your enemy gets ground control, you can only use half of your planes. (Or maybe your planes count as half a plane?) 

It helped me in the War of "Debatable" Aggression. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

But if your enemy gets ground control, you can only use half of your planes. (Or maybe your planes count as half a plane?) 

It helped me in the War of "Debatable" Aggression.

Good to know.

With this argument, why can planes take out ships? Ships are very expensive, take a lot of steel, and take forever to grow. Should it be harder to sink ships with air craft? I know the last few times I fought, planes and tanks were much more cost efficient than ships. Although ships are good to draw attacks away from other things.

• Upvote 1

With this argument, why can planes take out ships? Ships are very expensive, take a lot of steel, and take forever to grow. Should it be harder to sink ships with air craft? I know the last few times I fought, planes and tanks were much more cost efficient than ships. Although ships are good to draw attacks away from other things.

ships are a much larger target. I think that is a simple enough explanation.

I think both these arguments are invalid. This is a game. Realism shouldn't be a key factor in deciding what goes and doesn't go. You need balance. I'm not aware of the formula for ship damage etc. But ideally you want it to be very difficult to destroy ships with aircraft, to have some sort of balance and incentive to produce ships apart from a military dominated by aircraft.