International Summit on Basic Human Rights

Byzantine

Some more people will be joining soon but to give you some time to think here is a rough plan of what's happening. To start, we will roll through the list of policies in Politics and War, since that's what has the most impact on the game. Next, we will allow a little bit of time in case some people who aren't interested in anything else want to make some closing remarks before they leave. Then we will bring some other issues to the table (ie. does the government have the right to ban wifi and internet access to some people).

Hello everyone. I am New Svenska's Head of the Department of Foreign Relations. I am here because our President was delayed while dealing with a power shortage in Splitopia. To see who all has made it I would like to see what topics you all want to hit first.

The President arrives.

Welcome fellow leaders. I hope you have been enjoying yourself while staying here. Please feel at home.

To start we will open with a topic. Anybody who wishes to speak will deliver their side. After that others will be able to refute your claims. Please do this in a calm manner so as to not turn our diplomatic efforts into a war.

I thank you all for coming. Now to the debates.

I believe we will start with LGBT+ rights.

((Open with what you are supporting, then reasons, to make it easier to understand, make closing remarks and other things if wanted))

((Refute someone else by quoting them then putting your rebuttal just to make it easier to read))

I support the idea that trans people shouldnt be going to bathrooms that are not part of there biological gender this is due to pedophiles can say there a girl or a guy and defile children this should be a bound law but as it is i cant change another nations ideals

Ok, here I am to make and deliver a well-structed response. A trans woman IS A WOMAN. A trans man IS A MAN. End of discussion. It's a process where people who were assigned a certain gender (biological gender) but, and there's a lot of reason behind it, do not feel like that is their real gender. For example, a trans woman was born a man but in the course of their life, they did not feel like they were a man but a woman. They felt it. It's not up to a straight man to invalidate their feelings. What ends up happening is the following: after the countless appointments and psychiatric follow-ups, to make sure that THAT HUMAN BEING is conscious of what they are going through, they start taking hormones. Then there are a series of surgeries that a trans woman/man can go through to make themselves feel better and comfortable about their image: it's either facial, body, and the “ultimate surgery” the sex reassignment surgery.

What Noob the first said is complete nonsense because that does not stop anyone from entering bathrooms and sexually assaulting either kids or adults. So i don't really get the point Noob the First is trying to point out. I would love it if he could elaborate on that notice. 

21 minutes ago, EmperorNoob said:

they can really just say there a girl or say there a boy its as easy as that

That does not define a trans person. And still a random man can enter a mans bathroom and assault kids and adults, and women the same. 

Edited by Maximilian
spell check

9 minutes ago, Maximilian said:

Ok, here I am to make and deliver a well-structed response. A trans woman IS A WOMAN. A trans man IS A MAN. End of discussion. It's a process where people who were assigned a certain gender (biological gender) but, and there's a lot of reason behind it, do not feel like that is their real gender. For example, a trans woman was born a man but in the course of their life, they did not feel like they were a man but a woman. They felt it. It's not up to a straight man to invalidate their feelings. What ends up happening is the following: after the countless appointments and psychiatric follow-ups, to make sure that THAT HUMAN BEING is conscious of what they are going through, they start taking hormones. Then there are a series of surgeries that a trans woman/man can go through to make themselves feel better and comfortable about their image: it's either facial, body, and the “ultimate surgery” the sex reassignment surgery.

What Noob the first said is complete nonsense because that does not stop anyone from entering bathrooms and sexually assaulting either kids or adults. So i don't really get the point Noob the First is trying to point out. I would love it if he could elaborate on that notice. 

That does not define a trans person. 

As I said, a trans woman is a WOMAN, explain what sense does it make to a woman to use a men's bathroom. A trans MAN is a MAN, now explain to me what sense does it make to a man to use a women's bathroom?

Just now, Maximilian said:

As I said, a trans woman is a WOMAN, explain what sense does it make to a woman to use a men's bathroom. A trans MAN is a MAN, now explain to me what sense does it make to a man to use a women's bathroom?

In my perspective does not make any sense... 

4 minutes ago, Maximilian said:

In my perspective does not make any sense... 

still unless they get that surgery which is legal in my nation there still counted as male or female biologically; still people are manipulative and that its better to be safe than sorry

I'll be taking whatever stance is most dominant for awhile since most people in my country are more concerned with our failing education system, radiation killing off crops, and whether or not the government is even working or if it's just a bunch of red tape.

That being said I do see both sides of  this argument having a point.

3 minutes ago, EmperorNoob said:

still unless they get that surgery which is legal in my nation there still counted as male or female biologically; still people are manipulative and that its better to be safe than sorry

On that notice, please tell me what is your solution to prevent man from entering men's bathroom and assault kids? 

also a parent cannot choose if a baby is trans and if the baby likes the same or opposite gender wait till the baby is old enough to think for themselves which is at the ripe age of 14+ which they can think clearly of themselves

1 minute ago, Maximilian said:

On that notice, please tell me what is your solution to prevent man from entering men's bathroom and assault kids? 

thats the thing a father should always accompany his son to the bathroom and a mother accompanys her daughter

Edited by EmperorNoob

1 minute ago, EmperorNoob said:

also a parent cannot choose if a baby is trans and if the baby likes the same or opposite gender wait till the baby is old enough to think for themselves which is at the ripe age of 14+

I might not agree with the age limit for choosing a gender. I would say that (a.) parents shouldn't be able to choose the gender of the child. (b.) I wouldn't be opposed to an age limit on the surgery being 14 while choosing and potential hormone treatments can start at any given time that the child decides.

1 minute ago, Byzantine said:

I might not agree with the age limit for choosing a gender. I would say that (a.) parents shouldn't be able to choose the gender of the child. (b.) I wouldn't be opposed to an age limit on the surgery being 14 while choosing and potential hormone treatments can start at any given time that the child decides.

18 is better that way they can choose whatever they want to do as they are an adult