Finishing and Tourism

President Solo

Someone suggested this in the Discord server. I think it's a good idea. Fishing could be more expensive than farming, but are unaffected by radiation. Tourism could be like Commerce, but is affected by time of year like farms.

I didn't realise fish were immune to the effects of pollution and radiation poisoning...

Also, there are some countries that rely heavily on Winter tourism and others that rely on summer tourism irl, so how would you differentiate between the 2? You would need multiple building types, but then people just just swap tourism builds when the seasons change to maximize income throughout the year.

Edited by Ragnarok8085
Specifing on the seasons of tourism.
  • Downvote 3

On 10/18/2021 at 1:50 PM, Ragnarok8085 said:

I didn't realise fish were immune to the effects of pollution and radiation poisoning...

Also, there are some countries that rely heavily on Winter tourism and others that rely on summer tourism irl, so how would you differentiate between the 2? You would need multiple building types, but then people just just swap tourism builds when the seasons change to maximize income throughout the year.

I didn't realize all African nations have unlimited Oil, Bauxite and Uranium Depots, and that the only thing we need to do is pump out the infinite resources.....

I didn't realize that I can as a landlocked nation in africa, blockade a landlocked nation in antarctica, from trading with a nation in South America. 

I didn't realize the same .5 mm bullets my soldiers use are the same thing my F-16 Fighter Jets use.

Game isn't all about 100% accuracy

Switching builds to optimize income isn't bad, would add another dynamic to the game. Or maybe you could invest in your tourism industry, kinda like what we do with Stadiums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

I didn't realize all African nations have unlimited Oil, Bauxite and Uranium Depots, and that the only thing we need to do is pump out the infinite resources.....

I didn't realize that I can as a landlocked nation in africa, blockade a landlocked nation in antarctica, from trading with a nation in South America. 

I didn't realize the same .5 mm bullets my soldiers use are the same thing my F-16 Fighter Jets use.

Africa is the most resource rich continent on the planet.

Even Switzerland has a navy

No gun uses a .5mm bullet, it would do almost nothing to the human body, let alone a fighter jet or armoured vehicle.

21 hours ago, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

I didn't realize the same 5 mm bullets my soldiers use are the same thing my F-16 Fighter Jets use.

I'm glad they're so effective at destroying infrastructure too. So nice that fighter jets and destroyers can destroy my enemies underground water pipes with pistol ammunition. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

On 10/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, Ragnarok8085 said:

Africa is the most resource rich continent on the planet.

Even Switzerland has a navy

No gun uses a .5mm bullet, it would do almost nothing to the human body, let alone a fighter jet or armoured vehicle.

Antartica has infinfte uranium

but u cant blockade switzerland from trading with germany with a navy based in southamerica

ok boomer

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 6:38 AM, President Solo said:

Someone suggested this in the Discord server. I think it's a good idea. Fishing could be more expensive than farming, but are unaffected by radiation. Tourism could be like Commerce, but is affected by time of year like farms.

I reckon something like this would be cool.