General Winter and the Alpine Defense Stratagem

Byzantine

I was thinking. If you are in (Russia, Scandinavia, Canada, Greenland, Antarctica) then when it is winter, if your are on the defence against someone who is not from one of those areas, you should get a +10 resistance bonus.

This idea is historically backed. Everybody knows how impossible it is to invade Russia during the winter.

Another idea would be to mark off mountainous areas. If your country is in the mountains or the enemy would have to cross mountains to get to you then you should receive a +10 resistance bonus.

This idea is also historically backed. In WWI the Italians failed to attack Austria Hungary because the Austrians controlled the Alps.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Byzantine said:

I was thinking. If you are in (Russia, Scandinavia, Canada, Greenland, Antarctica) then when it is winter, if your are on the defence against someone who is not from one of those areas, you should get a +10 resistance bonus.

This idea is historically backed. Everybody knows how impossible it is to invade Russia during the winter.

Another idea would be to mark off mountainous areas. If your country is in the mountains or the enemy would have to cross mountains to get to you then you should receive a +10 resistance bonus.

This idea is also historically backed. In WWI the Italians failed to attack Austria Hungary because the Austrians controlled the Alps.

This would cause a lot of issues where people would just all be in one location to have these defensive terrain modifiers, for example moving to the Urals in Russia. Now you have a +20 to resistance and no downsides.

Ok, I think since winter/arctic areas and mountains aren't good with plants we would add an extra -5% food growth or something like that. THen the higher the defence the lower the food (which can be quiet expensive since your options are basically war or buying food).

Also, add the resistance bonus only for ground battles, naval battles, and air strikes. (Along with siege, brown water, and strat. bombing if you guys liked my other post on war)

Edited by Byzantine