Buffs to raiding

Prefontaine

The Mantra of any update by raiders seems to be "you're killing raiding", or something of the sort. Please use this thread to post ideas on how to buff raiding and I will review the results when the Dev team restarts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

scSqPGJ.gif

- Infra costs millions to billions, so every pixel is money. Have a percentage of destroyed Infra turn into money, similar to selling Infra, just at a better ratio (more along the lines of old selling value).

- Reduce city score again

- Give grey some colour bonus 

- Increase upkeep of non-soldier military, so super buffed low tier defenders aren't as easy to support anymore

• Downvote 5

1. Reduce city score from 100 -> 75

2. Maybe make some part of resources raidable in GAs when they have like 100k ammo on them; not sure about the exact numbers? 

3. Better filters to find raid targets in-game 

• Downvote 3

image.png.53cb39df314b30232b410b94801b6f72.png

8 minutes ago, Dream said:

2. Maybe make some part of resources raidable in GAs when they have like 100k ammo on them; not sure about the exact numbers? 

thatd be a major war change whichh is kinda iffy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

3) Possibly figure out a way to expire superiorities every x turns if the same attack isn't done again.

This is quite possibly one of the best ideas I've seen in my entire history of PnW.  This would go a long way of making battles/wars much more fluid and strategic.  Would also benefit with a beige rework too.

I'm seriously surprised that I haven't seen this before and yet it would do so well.  It'd definitely keep the battles from stagnation once you develop a complete superiority over a nation.

I love this.

• Upvote 5

These are just random ideas to buff raiding.  Some are good, most are terrible.  They are just here for people to brainstorm.

1) Give attackers (or defenders) an option to surrender.  Not truce.  Surrender.     (You attack a guy who has nothing on him, and his stuff is hidden in a bank.  (Or he has no power, etc.)  Why waste 48 hours on the guy?)  

2) Create Generals, Admirals, etc, that can accrue 2xp points per battle.

3) Force it so you have to deploy troops to a certain battle before attacking.  Or move them to a certain city when defending.

4) Add an option so that you can buy technology for your cities which will help raiding.

5) Add an option to espionage so that your spies can change the DefCon level of the defending nation, and throw them into chaos.  Or at least change their military option, say from Fortress to Turtle.  

These are my ideas which clearly are my own and don't come from any other games, obviously.  They are just here for people to brainstorm!  

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

The Mantra of any update by raiders seems to be "you're killing raiding", or something of the sort. Please use this thread to post ideas on how to buff raiding and I will review the results when the Dev team restarts.

Well, well, well, well let me just bring out Arrgh old suggestion box. 

1. Buff soldier's survivability against airstrikes, soldiers should have the highest survival rate against airstrikes, of any unit. It only makes sense. 

2. Buff airstrikes against tanks. 

3. Change it so, that a nation leaving beige returns to their previous color instead of grey if that color wasn't already grey. 
Or some other mechanic where one's vote for the color name doesn't get removed every time you lose a war. 

4. Project/Policy that can prevent units from taking part in all current wars. Basically allow one to save units from being destroyed fighting a superior enemy, or dogpiled. 
(irl example would be Saddam Hussein burying his air force when the US invade Iraq in 2003). 

5. Project/Policy, that allows one to do more damage if all 3 of one counter slots are filled out, or alternatively, receive less damage to one's units. 

6. Policy, that temporarily increases military recruitment speed, but lowers one overall income from both resource and money production for as long as it is active. 
Basely something like Blitzkrieg, a policy that is good to switch to in pinch, but that one really doesn't want to stay on permanently. 

7. Project, Pirate cove: allow a player to smuggle a set number of resources into their nation while under blockade. 

8. Allow ships to loot money. 

9. Or do something that allows combined attacks with ships and infantry. Where ships can act as support in getting ground control. 

10. The ability for ships to choose between doing reduced infra damage or target ground/air.

11. Allowing resistance to be restored via fortifying, again. 

12. Not allowing alliances to tax members in beige. oh wait you already did that one. 

13. Legendary commanders, can spawn in your nation as treasure do, but instead of being by alliance color, it is instead determined by your war policy. Lasting for a shorter amount of time, but instead spawn more often, than the treasures.  
Where they give you military bonuses instead of income. 

14. Reducing cities' impact on score. 

15. Make it harder to kill spies/reduce the time to max them out

16. A bonus to the amount of loot you steal by having a Pirate theme :)

But basely most policies that work against dogpiling benefit raiding immensely. When one works towards making shorter globals rather than giving the loser a fighting chance you hurt raiding. 

And more thoughtfully testing, and actually follow the result of said tests when implementing changes. Also, more stress testing: simulated dogpiling and fighting against vastly superior enemies would help.
And finally, adding the unit customization stuff, we all got hyped over some years back, after we saw some screenshots. Where players would be able to specialize their units into 3 different types, if you can remember what i am talking about?

Making the war system more engaging and fun with more player involvement would also be a buff to raiding.

• Upvote 5

tenor (1).gif

Raiding is an ecosystem thing; whether raiding is alive or dead has more to do with the numbers of raiders vs the numbers of raidables, as well as the vulnerability of raidables.

The biggest issue with the modern meta vs raiding is more that, well, in the old meta, tanks used to be used for raiding / counter-raiding only, and most people didn't have a need to max up tanks. These days, every MMR has heavy tanks, which makes it much harder to punch through on the ground. But I don't see any desire to move tanks back toward "raiding tool only" as part of the meta, so that's where tanks are and where tanks will remain.