• Scandals in Hollywood
    • Glitch N Roses
    • Snakes and Ladders
    • The Harpooning
    • Whale Spank
    • Brawlywood
    • Top Tier Ass Clap

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/21 at 06:00 AM

As long as Error 552 doesn't win, I'm good. But "Brawlywood" doesn't really represent the direction and result of the war too well, it's actually kind of generic. 

Also @MinesomeMC in Knightsfall 2: Fall Harder, "Knight" shouldn't be plural based on the GW it's representing: "Knightfall". Just makes it sound kind of odd. 😕

• Upvote 3

Knightsfall 2: Fall header please, dont pick a shitty name like Error522 since that could mean every single Global Ever.

• Upvote 1

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

And yes the fact that this caused an error 522 message when the war started and lasted for 6 hours.

Just now, gohgwhy said:

And yes the fact that this caused an error 522 message when the war started and lasted for 6 hours.

And we think it should be called brawllywood

1 hour ago, Changeup said:

I'll jump on whichever name keeps Brawlywood from winning. I don't know who suggested that, but oh my god it's probably the most cringeworthy war name yet. I'd take Error 522 over that.

Valk did. 

thalmorcommie.png

Hopefully there is a run-off vote so we can band together to stop the worst major war name from getting through. Brawlywood? Seriously?

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

ngl, this is shaping up to be one of those wars where I just call it GW19 forever lmfao

Still, seems to be a pretty straightforward solution to everyone who's voting anti-E522. Someone just needs to create a poll with all the options minus E522, and then whatever wins that one gets the backing of everyone who votes in the anti-E522 poll. Honestly though at that point we might as well name the war E522 so that no one down the line can ever propose the name again rofl

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The only reason we have names is as a convention to allow us to more rapidly recognize what period people are talking about. Changing the name just muddies that convention since some people (ME 😡) have to then re-learn the war's name. 

Stop revising history and just call it E522. I don't care if it you don't like it because it doesn't matter. Dial up is a fine name. 

Fight me. 

• Downvote 3

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

On 10/3/2021 at 12:54 AM, Keegoz said:

Hopefully there is a run-off vote so we can band together to stop the worst major war name from getting through. Brawlywood? Seriously?

Genuine question, what's the specific issue with Brawlywood? And which would you prefer over it?

Personally, I think it's a fine war name. <this other war 2: electric boogaloo> is always a lame option, imo - this one is unique and actually decent wordplay. As for "Whales I Smoke," I assume it's a reference I don't get? 

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

I don’t understand it. Y’all are having this poll here, and almost every single person that has come though here in the replies has voiced their distaste for e522. People don’t won’t to name the war they fought in after something they can see, they want it to be unique. Clearly brawlywood isn’t a popular choice either, so I don’t see the point of even having e522 in the naming poll Bc it’s just making people vote for a name they don’t want to instead of something they might actually like.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:22 AM, Mr. Pants said:

Y’all are having this poll here, and almost every single person that has come though here in the replies has voiced their distaste for e522. People don’t won’t to name the war they fought in after something they can see, they want it to be unique. Clearly brawlywood isn’t a popular choice either, so I don’t see the point of even having e522 in the naming poll Bc it’s just making people vote for a name they don’t want to instead of something they might actually like.

The people that whine about e522 are just the loudest. The poll makes that clear. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:50 PM, Kurdanak said:

Genuine question, what's the specific issue with Brawlywood? And which would you prefer over it?

Personally, I think it's a fine war name. <this other war 2: electric boogaloo> is always a lame option, imo - this one is unique and actually decent wordplay. As for "Whales I Smoke," I assume it's a reference I don't get? 

They're all kind of lame names tbh. I believe there isn't a good name since there was no IC anything of the war that was particularly interesting this war. It's just the periodic checks and balances. 

Brawlywood, like e522, is relatively undescriptive in that it only implies HW is a combatant which happens pretty much every global anyway. Knightfall 2 makes IC sense since it is a spiritual successor to the first war given the first one was also a large amount of the game rolling ggtkr. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

Not using a more sophisticated voting system just because we're stuck with these forums, and then trying to use this sham of a "democratic" "community" "vote" to force people to call the global war something as stupid as (honestly all of those names are bad), is just evil. Not to mention just illogical. But this is a game for [insert the worst insult that I am legally allowed to say on these forums, while at the same time being accurate, and not so bad that I can't live with the shame of also playing this game].

We should use a republican form of government; and hold a vote for the person who gets to name the war. An elected official will never go against the will of the people; and a single strong intelligent and wickedly funny representative is surely better and smarter and more clever & well informed than the common average Joe Forum poster. Just my 2 cents.

On 10/5/2021 at 3:19 AM, Charles Bolivar said:

Wtf is a brawlywood? 🤔

A neutral, TKR-preferred naming of the war, apparently. I prefer Knightfall 2 because it happened around the same time and had very similar lines and the same outcome as Knightfall. That being TKR's coalition was hopelessly outnumbered by Rose's coalition, had their military forces zeroed and suppressed very early, and were soundly beaten as a result. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by James Ironwood

14 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

A neutral, TKR-preferred naming of the war, apparently. I prefer Knightfall 2 because it happened around the same time and had very similar lines and the same outcome as Knightfall. That being TKR's coalition was hopelessly outnumbered by Rose's coalition, had their military forces zeroed and suppressed very early, and were soundly beaten as a result. 🤷‍♂️

Knightfall never actually destroyed TKR power. This one is fairly close to doing so, however, with TKR having taken 100 million damage per city last war cycle.

I wouldn't mind the name "The Real Knightfall", especially since during Knightfall TKR was able to obtain obscene war stats (positive damage, #1 by total damage). This time around, their resistance level was terrible.

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:15 AM, Cherise said:

Knightfall never actually destroyed TKR power. This one is fairly close to doing so, however, with TKR having taken 100 million damage per city last war cycle.

I wouldn't mind the name "The Real Knightfall", especially since during Knightfall TKR was able to obtain obscene war stats (positive damage, #1 by total damage). This time around, their resistance level was terrible.

That, I did not know. All the more reason to not give this war such a neutral name. Humility is an important virtue, so it is what it is.