[DOE] The Monks have Arrived

zigbigadorlou

1 minute ago, Worcestershire said:

Congratulations on forming the second best Christian aa Zig! Right after 770 of course.

Is 770 a Christian alliance? I'd love to see how they're living that out. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

In all seriousness though good luck

2 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Probably not doing much in practice, but they are in theme.

Edited by Worcestershire
Forgot the quote so I’ve repurposed this message

13 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

fb28a509538884a7705511e7b657fd19658fdf6e

The Monastery hereby declares existence on Orbis.
https://discord.gg/nNChbpC7aT
https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=9084

Preamble

The Monastery is an alliance open to all which is founded on Christian values. The Monastery will be welcoming to all denominations. We will serve Orbis as we grow in strength and number. We will be the salt and light of Orbis, God willing.

Article 1: Organizational Structure and Policy

The Treasury

Acts 4:33b-35 And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

The financial operation of the monastery will be that of benevolent capitalism. Everyone is welcome to grow to any size at any pace but is encouraged to give to the growth of fellow members and other benevolent causes. Any member may submit to a tithe or may give as the needs arise. All members are expected to help others as the needs arise.

The Arsenal

Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 5:43-45 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

All members are expected to defend The Monastery and all allies. In doing so, they will treat any enemies with respect, and seek at all times to help their enemy enjoy losing.

The Chapel

Ephesians 5:20-21 (Give) thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

All members will submit to the code of conduct. Upon violation, the member may be rebuked and, if the member remains unrepentant, they will be cast out.

Article 2: Code of Conduct

Any and all member nations of The Monastery must be respectful to each other and others outside this alliance.  They are to uphold the manners of a Christian and shall not bring shame upon this alliance nor the name of Christ. 

All members must abide by these six rules:

1. All members will abide by the 10 Commandments of Orbis.
  2. No member will undercut another nor pursue price gouging on the open market.
  3. No member will VM to avoid war.
  4. All members will be active.
  5. All members will maintain an adequate warchest.
  6. No member will raid without the consent of a nation’s alliance government.
  7. All members will have fun.

While The Monastery is an inherently Christian alliance, there is no formal requirement that any member share our beliefs personally, or that they hide their beliefs should they be different. We encourage friendly discussion and debate where differences occur, although mutual respect must be maintained.  All member nations are to abide by the rules and regulations. Any leaders, however, must profess their faith.

Article 3: Protectorate

By the grace of God, our alliance will, for the time being, be protected by The Knights Radiant. If The Monastery seeks to part ways, a minimum 1-week notice will be given.

Congratz Zig! You should recruit from the CCC guys :P 

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

8 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

I'm pretty sure 770 is a scam and not an alliance.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

9 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

Why not just reform Cornerstone, it’s quite nice when old alliances comeback

I disagree. Cornerstone lived a good life and was put to rest. This is a new work. Also, I was told by many in no uncertain terms that I should not be called CS due to the stigma applied to it by the older generations. Those who were part of CS know the good that happened internally, esp. in the early days. Those externally mostly saw LPS war dodging, somewhat weak and variable leadership, and tiering that caused the highest city count to get raided out of the alliance. And others I'm not sure about. 

• Upvote 2

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

13 minutes ago, Darth Ataxia said:

Er, KT was obviously the best Christian alliance 

Bias Much TTK? :P 

Edited by Suyash Adhikari

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

9 hours ago, Darth Ataxia said:

Er, KT was obviously the best Christian alliance 

Was. Gotta fill the void.

1 hour ago, Arln said:

you are the only member? The second member is afk....

Others are getting around to joining. Don't rush them.