remove nation description boxes with scrollbars.

BelgiumFury

I like the scrolling, just have an option in account settings to remove it @Alex

• Upvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

2 minutes ago, Suyash Adhikari said:

I like the scrolling, just have an option in account settings to remove it @Alex

I would be completly fine with giving people the choice if that is a technical possibility.

If it is impossible to give people the choice though, please revert to how it was before. (this patch made my little doggo cry).
don't mind me not actually having a dog.

8 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

don't mind me not actually having a dog.

I dont have a dog but I can give you a cat!

Gifts @Daveth

• Thanks 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

So, there's actually an option for this except it works opposite of how it's supposed to. Under account settings, there's a setting that alex had us test and was implemented that says  "Hide custom nation descriptions by default:"

If you look at my nation, you'll see a button that says "hide nation description" because I have that option clicked. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

20 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

So, there's actually an option for this except it works opposite of how it's supposed to. Under account settings, there's a setting that alex had us test and was implemented that says  "Hide custom nation descriptions by default:"

If you look at my nation, you'll see a button that says "hide nation description" because I have that option clicked. 

This is not the issue I am having here. 
The issue is that this scroll bar (see attachement of origin's nation) exists.
I enabled the option you said and it is still there on my nation.

Morever i really just dont want a scroll bar anywhere. A simple show / hide nation description button would be the life, if that's not possible just show them all. 

image.png

Edited by BelgiumFury

2 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

A simple show / hide nation description button would be the life, if that's not possible just show them all. 

That's exactly what I'm referring to. Everything is fixed just by having the show-hide button on everyone instead of an opt-in. I think I'll make a QoL thread for that specifically because those tend to get implemented rather quickly. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

33 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

That's exactly what I'm referring to. Everything is fixed just by having the show-hide button on everyone instead of an opt-in. I think I'll make a QoL thread for that specifically because those tend to get implemented rather quickly. 

I'd agree. We need that button too (it is very usefull).
Misunderstood you, thanks!

Edited by BelgiumFury

• Administrators

I re-implemented this because I was getting so many reports about people having nation descriptions that are too long. The scrollbox (which only applies if you have a nation description that exceeds 2000 pixels in height -- so pretty big) is there to eliminate that issue.

I can create a setting so that it's optional, and I'll get working on that this week. I'll leave the default to allow super long descriptions to scroll and then if you really don't want that you can turn it off in your settings. Thank you for the feedback on this, and sorry I forgot to publicly post that this change was rolled out.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

16 hours ago, Alex said:

I re-implemented this because I was getting so many reports about people having nation descriptions that are too long. The scrollbox (which only applies if you have a nation description that exceeds 2000 pixels in height -- so pretty big) is there to eliminate that issue.

I can create a setting so that it's optional, and I'll get working on that this week. I'll leave the default to allow super long descriptions to scroll and then if you really don't want that you can turn it off in your settings. Thank you for the feedback on this, and sorry I forgot to publicly post that this change was rolled out.

Solid, 
what do you think of this suggestion?

I feel that's a better solution than making scroll bars optional (although that sure is preferable over the current option).
It's already programmed in, so don't you think that would be better?

@Alex

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 8:00 PM, Alex said:

Can you atleast disable it on mobile in the meantime, it is actually harder to reach the bottom of the page since I have to flick down to the bottom of the box before I can flick down to the nation information. Without the boxes its actually easier to get past long descriptions on mobile than with them..

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 3:00 AM, Alex said:

Heya @Alex i know this comment has been done but have you looked at zig's suggestion in the meanwhile? I feel it is a lot better of a suggestion to make people decide themselves if they want scrollbars on other people's nation pages. Otherwise people can still annoy eachother by making them long and not have a hide button (mainly on mobile i'd imagine, as @Indrasi Indoril mentioned). If a nation description is long and im in a war id just like to hide it instead of some weird scrolling shenanigans. I don't think this would be too difficult, and i feel like it would really help.
Thanks for looking into it.