Post-War Mechanics ideas.

Prefontaine

With the war having wrapped up it's time for another thread to discuss tweaks to the war system. I know not a lot happened from the last one, game coding has had priorities elsewhere instead of new/changes in content. My hope in the next couple months some changes will be in the works. 

So lets talk about what needs to be done with the war system. Some of the biggest complaints I saw were spy related, and beige timer related. Both are things the Dev Team was targeted to be worked on, please give comments and concerns here. If you think ships are too strong/weak speak up. If you think soldiers are too strong/weak speak up. So on and so forth.

Thanks.

• Like 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Id say make a progresive weakening of military. For example, above 300k soldiers make them less effective, 400k even less effective, and so on and so forth. This would break the importance of supernations with c35+ and would give newer players a bigger impact on orbis. Same with score ofc so bigger nations can be targeted easier. 

• Downvote 11

Honestly maybe change up how gaining superiority in certain areas works.
So instead of making it a blanket Nerf (like air control does) maybe make it so players have to choose whether they want to focus on weakening either the offensive or defensive capabilities of the enemy. 
For example when gaining air superiority you would pick either the enemy tanks are X% less effective in attacks or X% less effective in defense, this could help with down-declaring issues and allow people who are being dog piled to heavily fortify to punish enemies.

Similarly I would say change ground superiority from the current form to something more tactical, such as increasing the operation costs of air attacks (for muni/fuel) by X% and adding a debuff to the overall effectiveness of the planes. Alternatively make it so that while someone has ground control you can only recruit half as many planes (to simulate the captured airports and delayed production lines).

Naval battles should be a lot more decisive, rarely when two fleets engaged in battle did they both come out unscathed. 

Essentially I want to see the system evolve to where players need to think a little more long term/strategically rather than the immediate "Haha Tanks go BOOM" or "HaHa Planes go BRRRRRRR"

Edited by Zevari
  • Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Vein said:

3 V 1........FIX or nerf zig before i riot

2f41de4a51fce3fd0a92d7029c811ae6.png
https://gyazo.com/2f41de4a51fce3fd0a92d7029c811ae6

I was wondering what was taking you guys so long to kill my mil 💪😤

Edited by zigbigadorlou
  • Haha 5

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

make it only 2 def war slots

all war end in beige

bring back old ground control. rn you can just use tanks to take out the enemy airforce without any aircraft, which is just !@#$ed. 

air attacks are kinda useless rn. wanna kill planes? use tanks. wanna kill soldiers and tanks? use tanks. wanna kill ships, ok NOW use planes.

naval battle are useless, except for 1-naval beige rush. too expensive. reduce muni/gas usage.

for spies, just reduce them by 1/2. aka max spies is 25, w/cia its 30. that way its doesnt take 5 years to rebuild spy count.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 6

Things I noticed:

The number of tanks killed by Soldiers are far too low.

Ship vs Ship casualties are low

What is airstriking money? How is better, in any sense, than ground attack?

Since air superiority is vital to winning a war and planes can be destroyed far too easily, increase rebuy amount for planes.

Note: The current ground attack mechanics are fine since it stops people of doing the old air only meta.

Edited by Grandmaster Bee
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Arthur Wellington said:

Downvotes show experienced player bias. Ofcouse energy put into this game might seem wasted. 

That might be also a problem with this thread. Veterans react most and will stick up for their interest, mainly maintaining the status quo.

How about a forced reset for all.nations above c35 to c15 but with a banner saying 'I had over 35 cities!'

I made a request to have a reset or a second server to start fresh on which was completely shot down.

• Like 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

50 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

City defenses as build options.  (AA guns, etc)

This is an interesting idea. On top of the lost improvement slot, make them decently expensive to build and maintain (like a drydock, subway, or nuke plant). 

Opens up the playstyle of being heavily fortified, but at the cost of producing less cash and resources. 

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 hours ago, Thalmor said:

This is an interesting idea. On top of the lost improvement slot, make them decently expensive to build and maintain (like a drydock, subway, or nuke plant). 

Opens up the playstyle of being heavily fortified, but at the cost of producing less cash and resources. 

If a feature like this was added you might want something to restrict how fast people can destroy and replace slots to prevent players just changing their entire build to fortifications in literal seconds. (Maybe make it so the longer they have been built the more effective they are, up to a certain cap)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thalmor said:

9 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

City defenses as build options.  (AA guns, etc)

I like this idea actually.  (like a lot a lot)
I think it would be interesting for these buildings to have a high upkeep (so it really costs to keep and huge nations cant just mindlessly build them without second thought). I'm not sure if this is a good idea but might be interesting to make cost infra / land dependent (bigger cities are harder to defend after all).

Added to that I would also like to a see a moderately long wind up time (let's say 10 - 15 days or something), during this time they incrementally come closer to "peak efficiency". This once again to reinforce the idea that you actually have to make a choice, and can't just mil up a day before the war and have monster defenses. 

Edited by BelgiumFury
  • Upvote 1