Incorporate CN's Inactivity Mode

JadenStar10

On 9/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, Alex said:

It's likely not possible; accounts deleted for inactivity are wiped forever. We don't typically store user information once they no longer have an account for data privacy/security reasons.

Do you know when your nation was deleted? Unless it was within the last 10 months or so, not even a partial recovery would be possible.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Sorry, the latest records I would have for a partial recovery go back to October 9, 2020, at which point it looks like your nation did not exist.

This forum topic had me thinking, and I wondered why we couldn't just have Kevin's Inactive Mode to keep nations in an archive. Basically, after your nation is inactive for a long set period of time, it goes into "inactivity mode" and basically gets archived, and when you go to the nation link it appears as if the nations has been removed from the game, but if the person ever decided to come back, he could restore that same nation with all its conditions and its id just prior to going into inactivity mode. This would encourage people to come back to the game as their nations has been perfectly preserved. I know we have vacation mode, but what if someone quits the game for more than 6 months? They would have to basically restart the game all over again. I think incorporating Inactivity Mode from CN would be best for this game as it encourages previous players to come back and seems simple enough to incorporate if a dead game like CN can have it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

• Administrators
On 9/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, Suyash Adhikari said:

This forum topic had me thinking, and I wondered why we couldn't just have Kevin's Inactive Mode to keep nations in an archive. Basically, after your nation is inactive for a long set period of time, it goes into "inactivity mode" and basically gets archived, and when you go to the nation link it appears as if the nations has been removed from the game, but if the person ever decided to come back, he could restore that same nation with all its conditions and its id just prior to going into inactivity mode. This would encourage people to come back to the game as their nations has been perfectly preserved. I know we have vacation mode, but what if someone quits the game for more than 6 months? They would have to basically restart the game all over again. I think incorporating Inactivity Mode from CN would be best for this game as it encourages previous players to come back and seems simple enough to incorporate if a dead game like CN can have it.

I don't think it's an inherently bad idea, but it does bring up player privacy concerns. My hunch is that the vast majority (99%+) are never coming back and would prefer that we don't store their data (essentially) forever.

I like the current Vacation Mode system because it gives players a reasonable opportunity (60 days to 1 year, depending on how much time they had already put into the game) to return and have their nation essentially restored, but it does not result in us keeping everyone's data indefinitely.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 5:53 PM, Alex said:

I don't think it's an inherently bad idea, but it does bring up player privacy concerns. My hunch is that the vast majority (99%+) are never coming back and would prefer that we don't store their data (essentially) forever.

I like the current Vacation Mode system because it gives players a reasonable opportunity (60 days to 1 year, depending on how much time they had already put into the game) to return and have their nation essentially restored, but it does not result in us keeping everyone's data indefinitely.

I wish to note that Torn (a mafia web game) does not delete anyone, ever. (except in case of cheating [technically you don't get deleted you just can't do anything], or manually deleting your account). And in torn I have heard of people coming back literal years after quitting, which is entirely possible without any issue.
So I feel it wouldn't be impossible, people would always still be able to manually delete their account right?

I personally am in favor of giving people more ways back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1