Game Suggestions ( Approval Rating and Spy Ops)

HowlsMovingPword

Disclaimer: I've never used forums before so if there something I'm missing or doing weird just ignore it 

also I have no idea how original these ideas actually are. I just thought them up, but if someone already put these out there then just ignore this post. 

Approval Rating 

Approval Ratings are literally useless. They're like the pixels of pixels, their only purpose is too sit around and fill your screen . You can have -1000 approval rating or +400 without it making any difference.

So I thought up a way to make approval ratings somewhat useful and make the game more interactive  

This would come in the form of mini quality of life projects.

Something like the game Rebel Inc where you have small projects like 'Advanced Plumbing" - 50% of your citizens have access to toilets. 

You pay certain amounts ( depending on your city count) for these mini projects. Buying them increases your approval rating which will increase your overall revenue 

These projects are separate from the ones already in place and only have an effect on your approval rating. 

The type of project you get is also dependent on your Economic, Social, and Domestic policies. So someone on the authoritarian Scale wouldn't get a project saying 
'Freedom of Speech' - all citizens are taught to express themselves as they see fit. 

Negative hits only come from losing/waging war, so projects that don't line up with a nation's policies won't be harmful. Winning wars would still give positive approval but at a lower number. Buying normal projects will still give the normal approval boost. 

Any inactive nation wouldn't be affected by the new approval rating system until they logged back in.

The starter approval rate would be 70 (with no revenue boost) Any nations with a current approval rating above 70 would have it reduced to that level unless they're inactive ( it wouldn't really matter either way, but still). 

An approval rating under 70 would take a slight hit on revenue, but it would be smaller than the boost that a rating above 70 gives. The revenue hit from a poor approval rating will increase as its goes down, so a rating of 50 carries less weight than one of 10. 

A negative approval rating wouldn't cripple a nation. The hit would be enough that you'd consider buying mini projects, but not so bad that your forced to get them.  

Approval rating caps at 100 and 0.  

Summary: Approval Rating is based on mini projects; a strong Approval Rating will bring  a revenue boost

Spy Ops ( Spy Tracing) 

This give a nation the ability to track unidentified spy ops

The process would take 3 days and would require 3 spy tracing operations. Kind of like a puzzel where putting all 3 tracing operations together will bring out the identity of the spying nation. 

the cost is dependent on city counts,  number of spies, and the level of care the spies take ( the same as normal spy ops)

a tracing op can fail, and the opposing nation will be alerted that someone they targeted is trying to catch them red-handed. When the op fails, the traced nation won't kill any of the tracing nation's spies. They'll merely be made of aware of the trace op. 

I feel like this is more realistic than the current spy system where an enemy country can kill 12 or 15 of your citizens without facing any repercussions and with the victim having no way of even finding the truth. 

• Upvote 2

To be honest, I always liked the idea of  Approval Ratings actually doing something, but it seems difficult to incorporate into the game without destroying everything and everyone. Your idea is pretty similar to all other ideas I've seen about Approval Ratings, and I can’t say it’s one of my favorites, but I think you’re on the right path.

Oh, and about the spy ops idea, no one cares that much about getting sabotaged to the point that they'll use 3 of their spy ops to trace down some random enemy, plus, it just sounds like an annoying chore that won’t actually be beneficial.

But that’s just my opinion, after all

• Like 4

1527127615_Untitled141_20231114233542copy2.png.2dc28bdec398b1f2bf11b46ebf9a222d.png

• 3 months later...