[DoW] Quest for the Holy Grail

Daveth

7 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

This is Inst right?  I can never keep up with the name changes a bunch of these shit posters do.  I ask, because this looks like a stupid Inst post.

I suppose it's stupid for assuming good will on your side, as opposed to assuming you weren't fundamentally genocidal.

The other side's perspective was that they could not end the war because while your side was being effectively suppressed for the time being (Fark / TCW / Pantheon entering / switching sides did improve the pressure), it could not present itself a security guarantee for the post-war. Providing a massive reparation payment (Black Knights was attacked, after all) that would have shifted the strategic balance sufficiently (i.e, allowed NPO / BK / GoG to buy enough cities to have parity the war after that) would have been an alternative way of ending the war than the long-war IQ felt it needed or the eventual administrative action that ended the war.

Remember, I did bother to criticize NPO etc for not selecting a reps policy to achieve the objective. Even if not all of the reps were going to be paid, substantial reps from individual players and alliances could have reduced the duration of the conflict.

===

As an aside, something like 800 billion represented the total amount of money supply in the game close to the termination of the war. If we consider a paired RSS quantity, that'd imply there were 1.6 trillion of liquid value. I no longer remember the exact calculations, but it was estimated that there was around 1-4 trillion in illiquid assets at the end of the war. I seem to recall 2 trillion being the estimate, with 4 trillion being an upper value. 600 billion transferred from one side to the other (i.e, crippling one side's rebuild, providing city growth to the other) would have been a sufficient basis to end the war without needing it to stretch on as long as it did.

Edited by Cherise

Idk but after seeing this thread which has now 4 pages, i think there is a debate. But I am with Nexus. It's just normal orbis cleaning imo. And i don't think it is a very big dogpile. 

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

11 hours ago, Indger said:

Idk but after seeing this thread which has now 4 pages, i think there is a debate. But I am with Nexus. It's just normal orbis cleaning imo. And i don't think it is a very big dogpile. 

It is a big dogpile... which cam/epi deserves.

Edited by Suyash Adhikari
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

9 hours ago, Cherise said:

Should I find him for you Redarmy? I'm somewhat ill-disposed right now, and I'd like someone to entertain you for me.

I'm good. 

4 hours ago, Grey_wall said:

Y’all are straight up playing with fire talking about methrage in here. 

76A04D12-9275-4B8E-B2F8-8E1B298AE0D6.jpeg

Only once. 

18 hours ago, Redarmy said:

I'm good. 

Only once. 

Who is methrage?

Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

On 9/9/2021 at 6:59 PM, zigbigadorlou said:

So, the CB is an anti-Epi grudge match I take it?

Calling it that would be incredibly simplistic and disingenuous to our point here.

Our CB is Camelot's involvement with IQ in NPOLT, during and after which Epimetheus and other government members endorsed their behavior, spread false narratives, were politically hostile and frankly, outright shitty to us - right down to the peace talks. Up until now, they'd consistently dodged the consequences of their actions, be it by sheer luck or competently signing anyone willing to take them in, despite their past. 

To his credit, Arthur offered an apology back in the day, in which he addressed many of these issues on behalf of Camelot, claiming they had changed. This was received by us (OWR & CTO) along with many in the community with a fair amount of skepticism, considering several of the gov members were still in the alliance, publicly defending IQ (Epi in particular) and continuing to push their party lines and agenda, which the post apologizes for (the title "Moving Forward" is ironic in that sense). 

Contrary to what they seem to believe, we are adamantly against the idea of causing Camelot to disband or imposing terms which would lead to that. That would be one of the objectives of the agenda which caused us to switch sides during NPOLT.

Once this war is done, we'll consider our grievances as settled and will move forward, hoping they take this to heart and do better.

Edited by Daveth
  • Like 5
  • Downvote 1

1766851229_Signature(3).png.67758028f91a00025c4519db1afddca6.png

34 minutes ago, Daveth said:

Calling it that would be incredibly simplistic and disingenuous to our point here.

Our CB is Camelot's involvement with IQ in NPOLT, during and after which Epimetheus and other government members endorsed their behavior, spread false narratives, were politically hostile and frankly, outright shitty to us - right down to the peace talks. Up until now, they'd consistently dodged the consequences of their actions, be it by sheer luck or competently signing anyone willing to take them in, despite their past. 

To his credit, Arthur offered an apology back in the day, in which he addressed many of these issues on behalf of Camelot, claiming they had changed. This was received by us (OWR & CTO) along with many in the community with a fair amount of skepticism, considering several of the gov members were still in the alliance, publicly defending IQ (Epi in particular) and continuing to push their party lines and agenda, which the post apologizes for (the title "Moving Forward" is ironic in that sense). 

Contrary to what they seem to believe, we are adamantly against the idea of causing Camelot to disband or imposing terms which would lead to that. That would be one of the objectives of the agenda which caused us to switch sides during NPOLT.

Once this war is done, we'll consider our grievances as settled and will move forward, hoping they take this to heart and do better.

Epi? Do better? Lmfao

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Daveth said:

Really now? What's the statute of limitations on NPOlt? That war ended in, what, march of 2020? So a full 18 months of waiting. Are you really dragging up a year and a half's old CB the moment epi steps into office? You've had plenty of time to hit them based on their views a year ago.

• Upvote 4

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 hour ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Really now? What's the statute of limitations on NPOlt? That war ended in, what, march of 2020? So a full 18 months of waiting. Are you really dragging up a year and a half's old CB the moment epi steps into office? You've had plenty of time to hit them based on their views a year ago.

What opportunities have we had during that time? Please do tell.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/10/2021 at 3:41 PM, Suyash Adhikari said:

It is a big dogpile... which cam/epi deserves.

What would you know about what Epi/cam deserves? 😂

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

2 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

What would you know about what Epi/cam deserves? 😂

He made me very angry and muted me in a voice chat, therefore, he deserves to get rolled.
Awesome Face Emoji Vector by gemquist on DeviantArt

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 4:36 AM, Daveth said:

If you really wanted to pay us back you should've hit all past IQ members who left Camelot. But no you didn't, you just hit Camelot and blamed it all on Epi because he was the last one left from IQ in Camelot. While others who left (some certain alliances) they get another redemption card. It seems like you are just riding on the opportunity.

Also if you really had problems with IQ please make sure to hit those pre IQ members who left Camelot in next 12-18 months. Otherwise punishing IQ will never be done. 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Flavee said:

~snip

What other ex-Camelot/IQ members would you like us to look into? A significant portion of the people who are currently in Camelot are former members of disbanded IQ alliances, which is how you rose up from your previous state as an alliance so quickly (GotG and Superchola X namely). We can easily spot these based on the graphics or words they put on their Nation Flags and descriptions. You and other Camelot members are more than welcome to reach out to us on Discord or in-game about your innocence or show evidence of the contrary here, though.

While they may be oblivious, innocent or even opposed to the agenda mentioned, we have not seen any evidence of this. That being the case, we can only assume they are either complicit or that Camelot adopts a model of alliance in which misinformation and false narratives are spread at the membership level and they follow along, similarly to how former IQ alliances did it.

The leadership of the NPO was notorious for doing that. An example of how that may be what's going on, is the recent narrative we've heard from Epimetheus, where our objective in this war is to cause Camelot to disband rather than hold your leadership accountable for its actions.

Again, this is completely false as shown by Sval shooting that idea down when Indger brought it up, doing so would be acting against our history. This kind of false narrative echoes how former Emperor of the NPO, Ivan Moldavi, would gaslight his membership to continue a war effort for his personal agenda.

Edited by Daveth
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Flavee said:

Really? That's even shittier than Nexus CB.

Clearly you can't process a "joke", Cumalittle

Edited by Suyash Adhikari
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, Thalmor said:

-snip-

Funny how no one has responded to this in two days lmfao. Though it appears to be a common theme that ppl don't like responding to third party perspectives because it doesn't fit anyone's narrative...

Apparently the big brains of today's incredibly mundane political environment have determined that no one is allowed to declare a war without some contrived valid CB (even against Camelot) so my guess is they just had to come up with something lmao; IMO you should be able to hit anyone (and especially Camelot) just for the hell of it but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by hidude45454