[DoW] Quest for the Holy Grail

Daveth

Everyone Disliked That / Everyone Liked That | Know Your Meme

• Like 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

57 minutes ago, Emperor Adam said:

Can't believe @Leftbehind got camelot rolled

You didn't know I am also the sekrit Nexus leader? 

In all seriousness, good on you guys for serving me a big plate of crow. 

• Haha 2

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

I'm wondering how much of Cam knew this was going to happen (not Nexus specifically, but someone) and how many members were just blowing Epi.

Anyways, can Cam get better war stats than TKR? The techniques have all been discussed. Whether Cam has the ability to implement is another question. I wouldn't be surprised if this ended with Camelot disbanding and the remainder of the bank being funneled into some Swiss bank account.

Edited by Cherise
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cassia said:

I imagine it would be kinda like if Lefty went senile and forced us all to retheme to My Little Pony

10 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing, if Ockey made us do that I'd accept it in a heartbeat

@Ockey5 do it bby.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Daveth changed the title to [DoW] Quest for the Holy Grail
3 hours ago, Leftbehind said:

In all seriousness, good on you guys for serving me a big plate of crow. 

Would you like some salt, pepper, & butter with that? 

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

6 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

No, you monster. That's like putting ketchup on a steak.

But thats also pretty yummy, ngl

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

2 hours ago, Natonito said:

Do we have some thoughts from Epi about this DoW?

Epi: "!@#$ My Life"

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

59 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

If any alliance deserves it, it's Camelot.

It's not about deserving or not, is about giving something fun to do to the players and also putting your younger players where they have to think a bit so they can learn

It's so hard to put less firepower on them and see how it goes? You can always have more alliances to join if things go south, you gain in fun, experience, reputation, and there's no risk to lose

• Upvote 3

If y'all come out on top, might be a good idea to make a forced rebranding of your enemies alliance part of your peace terms. As an avid King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table fan I take exception to this perversion of that image and ideals. Given their past deeds and lack of honor, I think something based off Mordred would be more fitting.

6 hours ago, Micchan said:

It's not about deserving or not, is about giving something fun to do to the players and also putting your younger players where they have to think a bit so they can learn

It's so hard to put less firepower on them and see how it goes? You can always have more alliances to join if things go south, you gain in fun, experience, reputation, and there's no risk to lose

There's very few poeple who enjoy well fought wars. Those are mainly in alliances like KT or my own, seen as before this global Ob was rolling WTF who are twice as big and with higher average city count, at least counting the nations we could hit. We did the same to RnR a few months ago but they were only like 16 members and we were 11 or 12 but also with lower average city count.

Most people care about winning regardless of how easy it is, and also about sphere domination. The old Syndisphere was the only grouping that went into wars outnumbered and dominated (bar HM last war - we went in with slightly higher numbers but knowing for sure we were gonna get countered, at least by TFP and WTF, but I kept telling Ockey Immortals were gonna counter), then there's been mostly dogplies, from TKR in the old days, to IQ and now to Rose who are performing their 3rd dogpile in a row in globals and are the new hegemonic power via what in the past was frowned upon: dodgy intersphere paperless agreements while pretending to be a detached sphere like Hollywood is.

Because most people are idiots, they cry foul whenever they're dogpiled and then forget everything whenever they're dogpiling. I for instance have voiced my dissatisfaction when Papers Please turned out to be a disgusting dogplie, and to a lesser extent Duck Hunt, with my side performing the dogpile on both.

The game is boring as it is, so when you take the only interesting thing away (fairly even wars), you simply end up with a vast majority of the playerbase in the biggest alliances who prioritize intersphere power struggle, and the few warmongers, who do enjoy decent wars where stuff like coordination is decisive, end up in small ones like KT or Ob.

• Upvote 5