[DoW] The Rock, The Hard Place and the Smell

Alan

Welcome Back

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

Just now, Cpt Crunch said:

You forgot the part where you ghost into sanctuary to hide from Rosewater. 

Our last "Hail Mary". Members on the MMR 3/0/5/1 that physically can't fight will remain in Black Skies. However since Nexus just hit anyone that was within range regardless of MMR then it's clear that this desperate move didn't work.

• Downvote 9

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

1 minute ago, Young Guilo said:

Our last "Hail Mary". Members on the MMR 3/0/5/1 that physically can't fight will remain in Black Skies. However since Nexus just hit anyone that was within range regardless of MMR then it's clear that this desperate move didn't work.

lmfao just go ahead and reneg with the fam bam and you gonna be gucci.

I'll help get your ass bankrolled for this shit.

Lxr4VfE.png

4 minutes ago, Young Guilo said:

If I remember correctly the treaty stated Black Skies had to stay on 3/05/1 correct? That would include all members. So given that any of your members went above that is a direct violation of the surrender? Innit? One thing to learn is that it's very hard to negotiate with macros when you have zero leverage to bring to the table. This was inevitable and you know it. Running from it is very dishonorable.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Cpt Crunch said:

If I remember correctly the treaty stated Black Skies had to stay on 3/05/1 correct? That would include all members. So given that any of your members went above that is a direct violation of the surrender? Innit? One thing to learn is that it's very hard to negotiate with macros when you have zero leverage to bring to the table. This was inevitable and you know it. Running from it is very dishonorable.  

Everyone is acting like we were trying to be sneaky about it. Our moves were sent straight to RON and everyone could see exactly what we were doing. Working within Sanctuary and assisting them where we can was probably going to happen regardless. It's just since Nexus/Bollywood hit us it's "ghosting" rather than reinforcements. 

Eat them instead.

1 hour ago, Young Guilo said:

After being pulled into the Hollywood/Bollywood war

Didn't you post a RoH? If you just countered CTO rather than made a forum post you wouldn't have been "dragged in"

You probably would have been fine if you negotiated the treaty before you armed up

22 minutes ago, Young Guilo said:

Everyone is acting like we were trying to be sneaky about it. Our moves were sent straight to RON and everyone could see exactly what we were doing. Working within Sanctuary and assisting them where we can was probably going to happen regardless. It's just since Nexus/Bollywood hit us it's "ghosting" rather than reinforcements. 

Reinforcements would be if you stayed in the same alliance, so joining sanctuary is ghosting. So if anything you've now put a bigger target on sanctuary's back more than anything because it's very likely Rosewater will follow you to sanctuary. So now you have only made the demise of the whole bloc faster

31 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

imma be brutally honest here and probably earn myself some downvotes: even if there was some better communication, ppl love to hate on BS so much that they'd probably hit them and not care regardless. That and CTO will probably hit every organism that breathes at this point when they can't find ppl to statpad off of in the global.

I do think that a lot of issues that befall BS originate from some mixture of unfounded pride and defeatism translating into self-fulfilling prophecy, and that their choice of allies is, let's just say... questionable, but I will at the least not hesitate to give props that they are at least willing to defend their allies, which most alliances honestly cannot say.

Most alliances aren't willing to defend their allies? What? This is news to me. 

Also it's not like people "love to hate on BS" without reason. There's a reason BS is not liked. With most alliances they do FA with they are extremely difficult to deal with and in most cases illogical in their FA.

Edited by ToxicPepper

1 hour ago, ToxicPepper said:

Most alliances aren't willing to defend their allies? What? This is news to me.

Sorry, misspoke. Most alliances at that range are not willing to help their allies. tO being slow with CC, all of Johnsons, most of Holy Sea, CoA with Alpha/Polaris, etc. Plus plenty of alliances that leave allies to deal with their own wars and so on, even more so when they know they'd take a lot of damages or lose.

1 hour ago, ToxicPepper said:

Also it's not like people "love to hate on BS" without reason. There's a reason BS is not liked. With most alliances they do FA with they are extremely difficult to deal with and in most cases illogical in their FA.

This is true, but

-Noobs who have never dealt with BS before like to bandwagon on hate and blow it way out of proportion to look cool or something, idk

-By their own admission CTO hit BS initially because they forgot BS got kicked out by TLE, so this never should've happened in the first place

-idk why there needs to be a new negotiated agreement when allowing them to defend their allies would take like five seconds and two Discord messages

Then again I don't do FA either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Vice said:

(and thalmoria convicted)

Lmfao I love this.

@ThalmorRadio is now a place of credible court trials 😂

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

5 hours ago, Vice said:

in your own words

Congratulations on posting 2 sentences out of an entire conversation to give something out of context. I guess you're no longer new to the game.

Eat them instead.