How cowardly leaders make minispheres a lie

Insert Name Here

12 hours ago, Micchan said:

I take a fun defeat over any boring victory, maybe you're to new to understand it but I played this game long enough to know that "winning" means nothing, often people who want to win leave the game when they understand this, there's no goal so there's no victory, this game is just a terrible waste of time if you play to win

Personally speaking, in a game where most the "War" or "Action" is seeing a number go up and down, I would much rather see my numbers go up and my enemy numbers go down, that represents success.
The real fun in this game for me is typically the community, little conversations I have in messages with enemies, the war declarations, the community inside my alliance and certain mini-rp scenarios you can create.  

On a side note, can you please explain what a "Fun defeat" is for you guys? Cause your actions on the forums make it seem like you don't enjoy being defeated full stop and attacking rose (who was essentially un-militarized) in a blitz sounds rather boring, especially when you already had an advantage on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/19/2021 at 3:42 AM, Insert Name Here said:

So I was bored and since I only become active when needed (mostly wartime), I decided to reflect on minispheres and how they're put into action in the current meta.

For the 2nd global in a row, HM (the only de facto minisphere) is on the receiving end of a dogpile by 2 ,or more, supposedly minispheres. It's undeniable that minispheres promote more wars, seen as everyone isn't tied to the rest of the world. In theory this would be great, but in practical terms what we have is the following:

1 sphere (HM) acting as such and starting as fair a war, in numerical terms, as possible, even moreso because we were expecting counters, just not as many as we got for obvious reasons lmfao. I'm obviously talking about last global where our skill and coordination got us to roll an opponent twice as big, and we graciously gave them white peace, not even the demand for an admission of defeat to spare them the embarrassment.

Right now what we have is the aforementioned sphere acting on its own like advertised, and the rest blobbing together to avoid getting rolled in a fair fight, simply because we're more competent than them. That's what we have this war and had last one.

The main culprit is obviously Rose, whose weak leadership seems to only know one way of doing FA and war: gather as many meatshields as possible, namely getting military support by sucking !@#$ of everyone (not paper tied to them) they feel they need in order to win.

As an old player, I'm not used to this kind of !@#$ approach, I'm used to strong leaders like Partisan or Pre gathering support through respect, which is how for instance Pre managed to put people, that absolutely hated each other at least IC (like Roq and Partisan), together to join efforts vs what at the time had been the longest hegemony the game had ever known, lead by TKR, who by the way have changed a lot since then, especially thanks to Adrienne who got dealt one of the shittiest hands possible and managed to keep them together after several rollings.

What this current cowardly approach can cause is a return to a bipolar world, where 1 far more competent sphere (in this case HM) see themselves always getting dogpiled by what supposedly are minispheres like them. That's actually pretty much the story of the old Syndisphere, a group of alliances that essentially banded together as a response to a permanent threat in Paragon, Covenant, Paracov or whatever you wanna call that shit.

I for one think our current said minispheres should drop the act and own up to the fact that they can't fight alone, even with equal or slightly favorable numbers, and we can all return to the boring, stale bipolar world. Or we just keep pretending we're dynamic af by looking small on paper and then try to get everyone and their mother to have as lopsided a war as possible.

So the question is: do we prefer no war or lopsided wars? Annswer: none, we can have fair wars, just not with weak leadership like we currently have from certain major alliances.

Having to use excessive force on your low tiers just to have a fair fight where it matters is neither Rose's or Blackwater's fault 

Oblivion has no low-tiers, mind you. They're an almost completely solid C28 block.

Also, as an aside, since Micchan thinks that it's better to lose than to win, does everyone now have a dogpile CB vs TKR now? Every war, we dogpile CB because TKR is so lovable and we want to make them happy by dogpiling them.

Can you guys please stop? I resent the probable formation of a hegemony within 1-2 years, but you guys are just embarrassing. Can you please call in your PR agents from Knightfall? Those were good. This is terrible.

4 hours ago, Zevari said:

The real fun in this game for me is typically the community, little conversations I have in messages with enemies, the war declarations, the community inside my alliance and certain mini-rp scenarios you can create.

It's like that for everyone but the game is the base for the community so you need to keep the game alive to have the community

On a side note, can you please explain what a "Fun defeat" is for you guys?

Fun defeat: you fight for a month and then you lose

Boring dogpile: you lose and then you use missiles for a month

If the best strategy for one of the two sides at day 1 of the war is to drop all military we failed as players, dogpiling is like playing Monopoly but at the start you already have all the hotels in your streets, what's the point of that?

attacking rose (who was essentially un-militarized)

If you plan a war for a week, coordinate with other alliances, have all the players ready and your enemy is still half militarized what you do? You stop everything? We can only attack militarized nations? It's the wet dream of every pixel hugger

If the numbers are somewhat even and you lose because you weren't militarized it's your fault

In that case you hit and then you go straight to the peace talks, lesson learned, all friends as before, see you next time

4 hours ago, Cherise said:

Also, as an aside, since Micchan thinks that it's better to lose than to win, does everyone now have a dogpile CB vs TKR now? Every war, we dogpile CB because TKR is so lovable and we want to make them happy by dogpiling them.

Haven't y'all already been doing this? Where have you been the last three years? Why else have I been raising little psychopaths to share in my love of being outnumbered? Smdh.

• Haha 1

BrOQBND.jpg

7 hours ago, Micchan said:

If the best strategy for one of the two sides at day 1 of the war is to drop all military we failed as players, dogpiling is like playing Monopoly but at the start you already have all the hotels in your streets, what's the point of that?

Dogpiles can be fun for me sometimes. Using missiles/nukes on high infra targets is a big part of the strategy but not the only one. A strategy that I employed during duck hunt, and i assume the rest of eclipse did too was declaring 1 war as bait to lure out counters and fill my slots. Then doing whatever I could to make sure they beige me (which wasn't to hard because I was at c13 fighting noobs), and then timing the rest of my war declarations right before I expected to get beiged to use that as cover to raid in peace. It takes time and effort, and the payoff can be seen in your war stats.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Micchan said:

Fun defeat: you fight for a month and then you lose

Fair enough, but I wouldn't call a stalemate a fun defeat.
If i'm being honest, GnR (for me at least) was a fun defeat. Simply because I was constantly fighting enemies way above my city levels to either keep them zeroed or to help alleviate pressure off of other bigger players. It only got boring when I was down-declared by 3 players effectively twice my size and zeroed out within a day. (but that was basically the end of the war)

Basically all war is going to be boring unless something unexpected happens that makes it interesting in this game, we basically always know who is going to win a war cause lets be honest Rose solo would have never won even at full militarization.

16 hours ago, Micchan said:

If you plan a war for a week, coordinate with other alliances, have all the players ready and your enemy is still half militarized what you do? You stop everything? We can only attack militarized nations? It's the wet dream of every pixel hugger

If the numbers are somewhat even and you lose because you weren't militarized it's your fault

In that case you hit and then you go straight to the peace talks, lesson learned, all friends as before, see you next time

Have you ever considered giving a declaration notice? If you so desperately want a fair war stop starting your wars with a blitz (a tactic made to quickly crush the enemy) and write a warning on the forums that in X amount of time you will be attacking rose for X reason. This will give players time to work diplomacy, prevent counter Dog-piles due to people being scared and potentially create more interesting politics.

Worst case, you still get to attack a weaker alliance but now you have your fair war since neither side is half militarized or blitzed down. (Unless rose preemptively blitz's, but that gives you moral highground and you could prob handle it)