How cowardly leaders make minispheres a lie

Insert Name Here

2 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

Nah, I'll keep complaining just as you guys are complaining. We are also within our rights to counter nonsense being thrown around too. What you guys did is a lazy technique in trying to change what this is really about.

Lazy is spending three days yelling at your FA for not actually saying their real reasons and doing your alliance a disservice with the ones they did give? Duly noted, Eumir. Stick to shitposting. You're a lot better at it.

Edited by Adrienne

BrOQBND.jpg

10 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

Nah, TKR and crew can keep GG if they want. They'll just keep getting clapped with them if they do.

We'll stop upper tier consolidation, by continuously clapping GG until their city counts are more in line with my city count.

No, I would not force GG to disband. Only continuously attack them until they are the same as my nation.

We will not let them consolidate more upper tier.

We are going to make good with our CB by running this war back until their city counts are similar to my nation

I want GOB to have the same city counts as my current nation INH. @Cooper_ and @BigMorf are in the fricking way and they think we give a two shit flying !@#$ what they think.

t$: We will stop upper tier consolidation

Also t$: 45 c30+ nations

4 minutes ago, Micchan said:

t$: We will stop upper tier consolidation

Also t$: 45 c30+ nations

We should be the only ones with a top tier.

8 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Lazy is spending three days yelling at your FA for not actually saying their real reasons and doing your alliance a disservice with the ones they did give? Duly noted, Eumir. Stick to shitposting. You're a lot better at it.

Not lazy, it takes a bit to think of words to put together bro.

Lxr4VfE.png

2 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

It is and you should.

Nah, I'll keep complaining just as you guys are complaining. We are also within our rights to counter nonsense being thrown around too. What you guys did is a lazy technique in trying to change what this is really about.

I'm just louder and I have no responsibilities to think of. s/o to @Hodor and @Zei-Sakura Alsainn who tried to push the narrative that we out here getting gagged and shit.

Hodor?

48 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Adrienne, please listen to Eumir, this war is about GG, and it is not about you, so please stop trying to steal our spotlight!

Wait. I thought this war was about GG stealing TKR from tS? Now you are telling me a spotlight is involved too?

Plot twist.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Last I checked, c30 is still upper tier. If you want whales, grow them.

Whoa whoa whoa... did you just steal my "Grow Internally" line? Trust me when I say that didn't work out well for me. 

• Like 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 3:29 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Adrienne, please listen to Eumir, this war is about GG, and it is not about you, so please stop trying to steal our spotlight!

You damn fricking right, and you can bet your ass it’ll be the same way for 2-3 more wars like this one

Lxr4VfE.png

On 8/19/2021 at 3:42 AM, Insert Name Here said:

So I was bored and since I only become active when needed (mostly wartime), I decided to reflect on minispheres and how they're put into action in the current meta.

For the 2nd global in a row, HM (the only de facto minisphere) is on the receiving end of a dogpile by 2 ,or more, supposedly minispheres. It's undeniable that minispheres promote more wars, seen as everyone isn't tied to the rest of the world. In theory this would be great, but in practical terms what we have is the following:

1 sphere (HM) acting as such and starting as fair a war, in numerical terms, as possible, even moreso because we were expecting counters, just not as many as we got for obvious reasons lmfao. I'm obviously talking about last global where our skill and coordination got us to roll an opponent twice as big, and we graciously gave them white peace, not even the demand for an admission of defeat to spare them the embarrassment.

Right now what we have is the aforementioned sphere acting on its own like advertised, and the rest blobbing together to avoid getting rolled in a fair fight, simply because we're more competent than them. That's what we have this war and had last one.

The main culprit is obviously Rose, whose weak leadership seems to only know one way of doing FA and war: gather as many meatshields as possible, namely getting military support by sucking !@#$ of everyone (not paper tied to them) they feel they need in order to win.

As an old player, I'm not used to this kind of !@#$ approach, I'm used to strong leaders like Partisan or Pre gathering support through respect, which is how for instance Pre managed to put people, that absolutely hated each other at least IC (like Roq and Partisan), together to join efforts vs what at the time had been the longest hegemony the game had ever known, lead by TKR, who by the way have changed a lot since then, especially thanks to Adrienne who got dealt one of the shittiest hands possible and managed to keep them together after several rollings.

What this current cowardly approach can cause is a return to a bipolar world, where 1 far more competent sphere (in this case HM) see themselves always getting dogpiled by what supposedly are minispheres like them. That's actually pretty much the story of the old Syndisphere, a group of alliances that essentially banded together as a response to a permanent threat in Paragon, Covenant, Paracov or whatever you wanna call that shit.

I for one think our current said minispheres should drop the act and own up to the fact that they can't fight alone, even with equal or slightly favorable numbers, and we can all return to the boring, stale bipolar world. Or we just keep pretending we're dynamic af by looking small on paper and then try to get everyone and their mother to have as lopsided a war as possible.

So the question is: do we prefer no war or lopsided wars? Annswer: none, we can have fair wars, just not with weak leadership like we currently have from certain major alliances.

You know, let me put out my view on this general war. Hollywood deserved this rolling because of its really bad assault on Rose last war, wherein it obtained a tiering superiority and bulldozed both Rose and the people who came in to reverse the dogpile. Moreover, the winner of the last war was going to be the loser of the next war; i.e, if Rose had won the last war, it'd have likely been hit by Blackwater mid-war or by a combination of Blackwater and Hollywood the subsequent war. This would have been a result of a perceived Rose hegemony due to the specific outcome (i.e, the interventions were secret treaties and so on). The only way Rose could have won the previous war would have been to produce a decisive victory, and as a consequence of The Last Ride, Swamp was too shattered to provide the additional mass to overrun Hollywood.

But, on the flip side, Hollywood winning despite a mild numerical inferiority WAS a major problem for Hollywood as well. The amount of force Hollywood faced implied that #1, that Hollywood had upper tier supremacy, and #2, that the game mechanics changes since Roqpocalypse meant that upper tier supremacy was potentially gamebreaking. The game in general felt that Hollywood had demonstrated that it was a tremendous threat; i.e, it had lost Guns and Roses by losing. Hollywood, in other words, had options available (just as Rose coalition had options available), and its choice of winning the previous war (and I still suspect Rose etc sabotaged their last war) resulted in its current and devastating loss.

====

As for more general remarks, the repeated rollings of Paragon, Paracovenant, then NPO and IQ obscured key facts about this game, simply because for you guys, Paragon, Paracovenant, and NPO were non-entities and non-people.

War is not fun. No one is going to deliberately start a war they won't win (barring suspected "rigged" wars like Surf's Up). Unless !@#$-ups occur, wars WILL be dogpiles, because the defender won't really have much chance of successfully repelling the assault. The losers will lose their infra, some alliances on the losing side will collapse (see what's happening with Chocolate Castle right now), and even if the losers have the logistics for the infra-destruction to be a blip, they will not be able to play the game for the weeks to months the war will last.

Or, in other words, as people have remarked regarding other games, "wars are against the rules of the game, just not enforced as such, because they're rarely fun for the losing side, and are effectively a way of driving them out of the game."

If, say, we increase the counter-dogpile mechanics in the war, first, we increase the strength of harassment attacks (probable WTF, probable KT), which could ruin the game meta on its own (i.e, optimal warfighting protocol is now to send harassment units out), and second, we make the dogpiles even worse. As I've said before, no one will launch a war they do not expect to win; Hollywood did not launch vs Rose thinking that they had a substantial chance of losing, Rosynd did not attack Hollywood thinking that they didn't have the forces available to conduct resistance, and so on.

====

Then, you might ask, what are wars fundamentally about? They're about power. They're about achieving a strategic configuration for the post-war that's favorable to the initiating side, so much that they might be sufficient to eventually achieve a hegemony. While I've shown I've disagreed with your whinefest about how "unfair" this war is (to reiterate: all wars are unfair), I do agree that we are fast approaching a bipolar situation. Or, in other words, the minispheres concept was NEVER going to be stable; it was a facade (and the facade in itself could have been useful) and was eventually going to break down. And it's still your goddamn fault for the breakdown; if you had never attacked Rose the way you did, interventionist forces would never have had to intervene and demonstrate their own incompetence.

Regarding this state of affairs, I am somewhat disappointed that minisphere system fell apart so soon, first, and that it is likely going to devolve into a bipolar arrangement as opposed to a tripolar arrangement (a tripolar system will degenerate into a bipolar arrangement eventually). But it was TKR-sphere, Hedgemoney, and collectively Hollywood's call that caused all of this.

• Downvote 1

On 8/20/2021 at 1:29 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

No, you whales get all the fun 😠 we aren't waiting our turn any longer #City14Supremacy

23 hours ago, Cherise said:

War is not fun. No one is going to deliberately start a war they won't win

We need a question before creating a nation, are you here to win? yes/no If you clic yes you're blocked from creating a nation

Why people need to win in this game? The only ability required is to be smarter than a primate, then numbers do the rest and after that both the winner and the loser will start again doing the same thing they did before the war, but if you are stupid enough to chose to make that war even more boring than what this game already is then I'm not sure about that ability required, but could be because when I started playing this game we had quality primates in charge of alliances

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Micchan said:

We need a question before creating a nation, are you here to win? yes/no If you clic yes you're blocked from creating a nation

Why people need to win in this game? The only ability required is to be smarter than a primate, then numbers do the rest and after that both the winner and the loser will start again doing the same thing they did before the war, but if you are stupid enough to chose to make that war even more boring than what this game already is then I'm not sure about that ability required, but could be because when I started playing this game we had quality primates in charge of alliances

But humans are primates already 🤔

Untitled.png

17 hours ago, Micchan said:

Oh you are right, why would people ever want to win. I mean who would play a nation simulation game to become the biggest, and strongest they could possibly be? Certainly not anyone who plays this, that's why we have so many of you complaining about losing right now... Oh wait

On a side note, maybe if you put some more effort into diplomacy or FA you might be able to convince other alliances to stand aside for conflicts, maybe it's worth considering the possibility that hyper aggressive attacks on big alliances might scare other big alliances.... (I'm willing to bet the quality primates would of expected/prevented these scenarios)

It should be noted that this game is called politics and war, but you guys seem to have forgotten the politics part and hyper focused on the war.

2 hours ago, Zevari said:

Oh you are right, why would people ever want to win. I mean who would play a nation simulation game to become the biggest, and strongest they could possibly be? Certainly not anyone who plays this, that's why we have so many of you complaining about losing right now... Oh wait

I take a fun defeat over any boring victory, maybe you're to new to understand it but I played this game long enough to know that "winning" means nothing, often people who want to win leave the game when they understand this, there's no goal so there's no victory, this game is just a terrible waste of time if you play to win

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Micchan said:

I take a fun defeat over any boring victory, maybe you're to new to understand it but I played this game long enough to know that "winning" means nothing, often people who want to win leave the game when they understand this, there's no goal so there's no victory, this game is just a terrible waste of time if you play to win

Is TKR really trying to convince people that being dogpiled by TKR is fun? That's some new levels of spin here. I approve.

• Like 1