How cowardly leaders make minispheres a lie

Insert Name Here

So I was bored and since I only become active when needed (mostly wartime), I decided to reflect on minispheres and how they're put into action in the current meta.

For the 2nd global in a row, HM (the only de facto minisphere) is on the receiving end of a dogpile by 2 ,or more, supposedly minispheres. It's undeniable that minispheres promote more wars, seen as everyone isn't tied to the rest of the world. In theory this would be great, but in practical terms what we have is the following:

1 sphere (HM) acting as such and starting as fair a war, in numerical terms, as possible, even moreso because we were expecting counters, just not as many as we got for obvious reasons lmfao. I'm obviously talking about last global where our skill and coordination got us to roll an opponent twice as big, and we graciously gave them white peace, not even the demand for an admission of defeat to spare them the embarrassment.

Right now what we have is the aforementioned sphere acting on its own like advertised, and the rest blobbing together to avoid getting rolled in a fair fight, simply because we're more competent than them. That's what we have this war and had last one.

The main culprit is obviously Rose, whose weak leadership seems to only know one way of doing FA and war: gather as many meatshields as possible, namely getting military support by sucking !@#$ of everyone (not paper tied to them) they feel they need in order to win.

As an old player, I'm not used to this kind of !@#$ approach, I'm used to strong leaders like Partisan or Pre gathering support through respect, which is how for instance Pre managed to put people, that absolutely hated each other at least IC (like Roq and Partisan), together to join efforts vs what at the time had been the longest hegemony the game had ever known, lead by TKR, who by the way have changed a lot since then, especially thanks to Adrienne who got dealt one of the shittiest hands possible and managed to keep them together after several rollings.

What this current cowardly approach can cause is a return to a bipolar world, where 1 far more competent sphere (in this case HM) see themselves always getting dogpiled by what supposedly are minispheres like them. That's actually pretty much the story of the old Syndisphere, a group of alliances that essentially banded together as a response to a permanent threat in Paragon, Covenant, Paracov or whatever you wanna call that shit.

I for one think our current said minispheres should drop the act and own up to the fact that they can't fight alone, even with equal or slightly favorable numbers, and we can all return to the boring, stale bipolar world. Or we just keep pretending we're dynamic af by looking small on paper and then try to get everyone and their mother to have as lopsided a war as possible.

So the question is: do we prefer no war or lopsided wars? Annswer: none, we can have fair wars, just not with weak leadership like we currently have from certain major alliances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Let's start with blatant point number one here.

Guns n Roses should not have been Guns n Roses. While I love the war name, everything beyond that was an absolute unmitigated debacle of a dumpster fire, everybody had their dumpster fire. Roasis had mind boggling battlefield incompetence and HW had face-desk-inducing FA incompetence. 

"Oh we don't wanna hit t$ after we split its just like not cool and stuff" oh shut the hell up and just do it. 

Not only is it literally the smarter option it's the more interesting option. The internal drama and reasons for the split is why it's interesting. The only thing vaguely interesting about what you did instead is that it was pretty completely random and suffered once again for the 10057273rd global in a row from a hilariously shit CB that makes anyone paying attention what the fricking point was of even bothering with it. 

There's a way to make totally random violence interesting, I assure you. I also assure you you haven't the slightest inkling of a shit on how to do it, so please stop. 

Now sure I suppose this could've happened sitll if you hit Syndi, but frankly these days I've felt like rose has made itself more of a perennial reactionary actor, soooo, fair chance you coulda walked on by with that? 

To sum up really killing minispheres though, tl;Dr agree with INH, but also it's because those ebul IRL politics aren't as far away from your IC as you'd like to think. And no I'm not talking about how the rank 2 alliance is a blatant homage to neoliberal capitalism and super corporations, although that is yanno, definitely evidence.

I'm talking more about how the general political "meta" for years now is run with the same spineless sort of approach we see from centrists in the real world, anyone knows who joe manchin is congratulations you've stumbled upon the point! 

Pretty much every global is the same as the last with a rotation on whose getting slapped silly. The CBs are the same, the setup is the same, in almost all cases everybody knows what's happening, and the argument on the forums is the exact same. 

Treaties are all basically the same, all basically function the same, and everybody's "grudges" are just whoever was on the other side of the nonsense CB arguments in recent memory. Until there's a small treaty changeup and then suddenly the new addition is good and correct and past sins disappear and the people they left nod and agree only for 2 months later they're magically now bad and wrong about everything even in the past. 

The entire political craft of this game for years is everyone sitting quietly a table, for anyone to do anything vaguely with the same interstellar parsec as a fopah and then flashing their fingers out like lightning and going "AH HAH" and then everyone else at the table proceeds to vibe check with baseball bats. There's no interesting pasts anymore that are really brought up or seem to matter, there's no need to find an actual CB because only one is allowed anyway and everyone openly acknowledges is basically fake nonsense everytime. 

And this is exactly why minispheres aren't working, because in the theorhetical papers of it, these teamups shouldn't be happening not because of honor. Not because the only good peace now is white peace, that's part of the problem too actually. They shouldn't be possible, because in the theory, you're not supposed to be friends. You're not supposed to trust them. and I don't mean whatever you think you have for distrust I'm talking like, as referenced, pre getting t$ and IQ on the same team kind of distrust. TKR trying to sign NPO kind of distrust. 

And you know what? White peace might be a nice high horse to ride on, but it doesn't fit the theory. 

Maybe people need to just actually not Boogeyman about IQ on everything. The word "reparations" does not mean 70bn+. "Oh but nobody would ever pay them" I paid them, me of all people, because the simple fact is there comes a point where any realistic figure asked for like done to me is significantly less than the blood you're gonna lose from saying no. 

Hell I even like the idea of viceroys, oh sure if you do it you're an !@#$ there's no question there. But that's kinda the point. It's a political simulator and to play the game you have to like, kinda be an actual !@#$. Everyone drones on incessantly about OOC/IC separation soooooooooo what's the hold up? Afraid that droning is gonna be revealed as moralizing nonsense you can't uphold either? Seriously that's the only reason I can come up with. 

You're like the equivalent of artillery players in World of Tanks moralizing how they're good and necessary for the game. Meanwhile everyone else calls them "sky cancer" and "griefer" and "[expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] clicker piece of [expletive deleted]" and so on and so forth. They stagnate the game, they punish people who try to push the tempo and make things happen as opposed to sit back and hide in a bush, and the moment you point that out as bad, moralize incessantly about it. 

And that's what it is. FA is a joke to the point where the best path is so often to do as little as possible (avoid fopah risk) that people end up doing nothing and oops that's a fopah too! It takes nothing to hop a sphere which you think is great, but it never dawn's that it rarely happens despite that and the trade off is this. The same war like the same old TV dinner with the same old side of "politics". No wonder player retention is so mediocre, the game would be less boring if people didn't camp bush, and actually did things interesting. 

I've had a change even I've been mulling proposing but haven't because I think most of you are too busy camping bush to ever use it or even support it to begin with to not use it. I had a wonderful little idea talking a couple weeks ago. Double the color bonus. Or more, 250%! 300% even. Why? Significant income boost for everyone, but not necessarily game breaking - but more importantly, big enough to actually be very important. Yanno like maybe policing your color with force actually becomes advisable, like maybe even being more violent than t$ is sometimes.

Maybe so much that protectorates (why do you even protect them again? Political sim remember, if you just do it for the shiggles with nothing else to it, you get this crap, rants from a schizophrenic awake at 630am included) become relevant because now you can stop being amicable about asking them to move colors and intentionally have them sabotage colors of rivals, and then they'll do it back, and then instead of sudden big wars all the time you an have frequent and constant low scale warfare and manuveuring in these power tiers to win smaller localized battles, where guess what, you on top of getting micros fighting experience and killing the bad ones, could test out that reparations and viceroys and whatever the hell else you can come up with and see how it works, shove them off your color too, and then one of the experiments pisses off the superpower behind the proxy, now you have this whole ass web of nonsense and chaos between low tier satellite AAs proxy warring to feed into it.

Look again I'm awake at 630am but that sounds more interesting than reading another DoW about how everyone but OP is an evil meanie secret treaty having would be hegemon poop face. 

Thanks to all the 2 people who actually read all this for some reason.

Saving this to read for later lol

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

11 hours ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

"Oh we don't wanna hit t$ after we split its just like not cool and stuff" oh shut the hell up and just do it. 

It wouldn't have been but we also had no animosity towards them then. Not that some of them didn't do their best to rectify that literally immediately lol.

BrOQBND.jpg

16 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

Grumpy, have been vocal and jubilant about how they have the biggest whale tier and openly are vocal about trying to consolidate the whale tier. 

I don't think this is true, I have been vocal and jubilant about being the best alliance in the game, which we are.  And it is a statement of fact that we do have the largest collection of upper tier nations in the game.  I cant help it if I'm proud of what we built and want to share it with everyone, you are welcome to do so about your own alliance if you think you qualify.

But I don't believe I have ever talked about trying to consolidate the whale tier.   We just happen to have the largest whale tier because we are set up to specifically cater to large nations, have excellent stability which means we have been doing it for a long time, and lots of other large nations see how effective we are, and also want to join. 

Historically, lots of other upper tier alliances have come and gone, you will have to ask their leadership why they fell apart, and there are still a bunch currently out there.  I am not doing anything that anyone else out there couldn't do themselves.  I believe in one place or another over the years I have explained exactly how Grumpy works.

21 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

No sphere does offensive wars they are going to lose or have a hard time winning. Last time that happened(and the only time I've seen it happen) is when Chaos and KETOGG decided to go head to head. 

The obvious reason for this is no one wants to lose. T$ have never lost a war but one. Adding another loss to their crown would reflect negatively on their PR. Rose is run by statpadders who only know how to statpad-something fair wars might not be good for. Oasis+Swamp openly have flouted their numbers advantage and one could understand that they are spheres who rely totally on number superiority to even war. Hollywood, specifically Grumpy, have been vocal and jubilant about how they have the biggest whale tier and openly are vocal about trying to consolidate the whale tier. 

The idea of mini-spheres is to have many more or less equally powerful spheres. And this is where the problem lies. Since no sphere wants to lose a war, they will always ask some other sphere to help them make a fair fight into a one-sided fight. While this is expected, the problem starts when one sphere keeps getting targeted again and again. The said sphere would then try to consolidate power because it gets paranoid that it would get targeted again and in the end we end up with a bipolar world. 

The new war's CB is trash-talking and upper tier consolidation. My question is: How do you try to stop upper tier consolidation?

Do you force GG to cut ties with HW? What after that? They join some other new sphere and then that becomes the new upper tier hegemony?

Would you force GG to disband? Now that is an extremely bad thing to do and after NPOLT, I don't see why you're going to want to do that once again. 

Would you keep attacking HW at most times to not let them grow anymore? Uh, won't that make them just consolidate even more upper tier to fend off such attacks?

So my question to Roa$is Inc: How are you going to make good on your CB and stop the upper tier consolidation?

Nah, TKR and crew can keep GG if they want. They'll just keep getting clapped with them if they do.

We'll stop upper tier consolidation, by continuously clapping GG until their city counts are more in line with my city count.

No, I would not force GG to disband. Only continuously attack them until they are the same as my nation.

We will not let them consolidate more upper tier.

We are going to make good with our CB by running this war back until their city counts are similar to my nation

22 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

So the question is: do we prefer no war or lopsided wars? Annswer: none, we can have fair wars, just not with weak leadership like we currently have from certain major alliances.

I want GOB to have the same city counts as my current nation INH. @Cooper_ and @BigMorf are in the fricking way and they think we give a two shit flying !@#$ what they think.

Lxr4VfE.png

8 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

Nah, TKR and crew can keep GG if they want. They'll just keep getting clapped with them if they do.

We'll stop upper tier consolidation, by continuously clapping GG until their city counts are more in line with my city count.

No, I would not force GG to disband. Only continuously attack them until they are the same as my nation.

We will not let them consolidate more upper tier.

We are going to make good with our CB by running this war back until their city counts are similar to my nation

I want GOB to have the same city counts as my current nation INH. @Cooper_ and @BigMorf are in the fricking way and they think we give a two shit flying !@#$ what they think.

I’m glad you think of me so often baby. I love when the little chihuahua with a big bark wants my attention. 

• Haha 1

big_morph-sig.jpg.dc5493086dfd6fa978316880fe6a6c62.jpg

The Knights Radiant 
Ghostblood Babsk of Foreign Affairs

Journey before Destination.

3 minutes ago, BigMorf said:

I’m glad you think of me so often baby. I love when the little chihuahua with a big bark wants my attention. 

What the !@#$ retort is this?

First, you and your FA team come in here flailing your fricking arms like it’s gonna change a narrative or some shit, and now you think we think of you often? You know what I think of often about this game?

GOB having nations with more cities than I fricking have. Like already told @Sweeeeet Ronny D and his ragtag group of whales, we gonna roll them until my nation reaches about c40

Lxr4VfE.png

31 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

First, you and your FA team come in here flailing your fricking arms like it’s gonna change a narrative or some shit, and now you think we think of you often? You know what I think of often about this game?

It did though! Ipso facto, the rest is true too. We love you too, boo!

BrOQBND.jpg

16 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

Fake news, we were thinking of GG more. TKR has been solved from the git go.

Awful defensive there. It's okay, you don't have to admit your love for us. We know it's there.

BrOQBND.jpg

1 minute ago, Eumirbago said:

Just stating fact. !@#$ yeah, TKR is great for creating hegemonies.

I think it's time for some coffee, Eumir. You seem like you could use a pick-me-up; your shitposting is lacking this morning.

BrOQBND.jpg

19 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

Not a shitpost, is it not true?

Oh, man, you're effort posting? This is worse than I thought. Checks Eumir's forehead for fever.

For real though, no. Hegemony, like dogpile and consolidation and several other words on Orbis, are little more than tired old buzzwords that have been in play for years and no longer have any actual meaning because people throw them around like they're going out of style. I should make a list sometime.

Regarding the rest of what you said, us "flailing our arms" got you from this terrible post post to this wonderful-by-comparison glow up. You're welcome. Y'all may have wanted GG but you didn't really say that at the time, you just spouted off some nonsense conspiracy theories. Furthermore, not all your reasoning has to do with GG. Stop complaining about us being involved on the forums/saying we're making it all about us when your reasons (such as your silly theories) include us and, even if it didn't, we're still well within our rights to counter nonsense being thrown at our allies. It's a lazy technique designed to shut people up by shaming them because you can't actually counter the argument, whether by skill or choice.

Edited by Adrienne

BrOQBND.jpg

17 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Oh, man, you're effort posting? This is worse than I thought. Checks Eumir's forehead for fever.

For real though, no. Hegemony, like dogpile and consolidation and several other words on Orbis, are little more than tired old buzzwords that have been in play for years and no longer have any actual meaning because people throw them around like they're going out of style. I should make a list sometime.

Regarding the rest of what you said, us "flailing our arms" got you from this terrible post post to this wonderful-by-comparison glow up. You're welcome. Y'all may have wanted GG but you didn't really say that at the time, you just spouted off some nonsense conspiracy theories. Furthermore, not all your reasoning has to do with GG. Stop complaining about us being involved on the forums/saying we're making it all about us when your reasons (such as your silly theories) include us and, even if it didn't, we're still well within our rights to counter nonsense being thrown at our allies. It's a lazy technique designed to shut people up by shaming them because you can't actually counter the argument, whether by skill or choice.

It is and you should.

Nah, I'll keep complaining just as you guys are complaining. We are also within our rights to counter nonsense being thrown around too. What you guys did is a lazy technique in trying to change what this is really about.

I'm just louder and I have no responsibilities to think of. s/o to @Hodor and @Zei-Sakura Alsainn who tried to push the narrative that we out here getting gagged and shit.

• Like 1
Lxr4VfE.png