[DoE] From the Cataclysmic Wastelands of Orbis

Cthulu

The grizzled old general of ancient wars long forgotten, back from retirement to plunder anew...

The eager young officer, plundering forth ahead a new generation of booty-grabbing and all out raiding...

Both, having become bloated with their conquered territory, found themselves unable to find the glory of the raid so often as they wished.

The wizened old general, stroking his craggy chin, realizes there is only one way to once again have the endless supply of lucrative raids he longed for and missed so very badly.

With the stroke of a pen, vast amounts of his empire's land and infrastructure is sold off to the highest bidder, leaving exactly 5 cities remaining.

Instantly, there is a massive increase not only in amount of raids for the now happy old general, but also in the overall raid profits taken.

The sharp young officer, watching with interest, sees the results, and makes the same profitable decision, leaving exactly 5 cities remaining.

The potential was immediately recognized. An alliance where everyone is in the prime raiding score range and is militarily strong would be one of the best possible structures for a dedicated raiding alliance.

Not only is 4 - 5 cities the sweet spot for raiding, but with everyone close in score, everyone is able to counter for everyone, and the score range threat window is quite limited to begin with.

Thus is born:

DEFCON-5

~The Raiding Alliance For The Serious Raiding Connoisseur~

Use this alliance to quickly amass a large non-taxed nest egg as a stepping stone to an alliance with a higher/wider score range, or for the hard core low score raiding elite, you will find a welcome permanent home here. The choice is yours.

DEFCON-5 is a military minded alliance of smaller nations focusing on a 5 city range, with raiding for profit strongly encouraged. The concept is simple:  4 to 5 cities is the best for raiding with unlimited lucrative targets, and if everyone in the alliance is near the same score, everyone is able to defend everyone else from attack. This limits the range of nations able to attack us, and anyone raiding our members will be met with coordinated retaliation.

0% TAX for up to 5 cities, 5% tax increase per city up to maximum 25%, to encourage having everyone in the same score range. These taxes fund smaller nations up to the core score range, militarized, and on nuclear power. Loans and grants above the new nation funding program may be available on a case by case basis.

Only 3 rules!
Rule #1 Maintain military readiness at all times. Your participation in this is of paramount importance to mutual defense.

Rule #2 Raid whoever you want, as long as we are not treatied to their alliance. We have very few treaties, you you will have plenty of targets. Your raids are your own responsibility. We will help you find wise raid targets. If you raid a dumb target and get slotted & rolled as a result, that's your own fault, and your own business.

Rule #3 When the call comes from the government to help an ally, whether a member of our alliance or a member of an allied alliance, help to the best of your ability.
~That is all~

Discord is not a 100% requirement unless you're a Staff Sergeant or higher. We do strongly recommend Discord, since much of the game actually occurs there, as well as a wonderful community.

TO APPLY
Apply in game, then join our discord and ping @High Brass or @Low Brass.
If you do not use discord, apply in game and a government member will respond via in game mail, with subject line "DEFCON-5 Application".
Alliance link: DEFCON-5 (DC5) | Politics & War (politicsandwar.com)
Discord link: https://discord.gg/bVGSSCVjmg

Ad 1.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

clicked your nation

image.thumb.png.753e73617813eb6b2be161d0e48f433b.png

Goodness, that's my old nation link from 2018 - 2019 lol... I was actually invested in your graphics business with that nation.
This is my nl now; same nation and leader names. Locus Of Entropy (politicsandwar.com)

39 minutes ago, Indger said:

Which alliance?

Maybe I should have put this up top instead of at the bottom...

6 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

Goodness, that's my old nation link from 2018 - 2019 lol... I was actually invested in your graphics business with that nation.
This is my nl now; same nation and leader names. Locus Of Entropy (politicsandwar.com)

Maybe I should have put this up top instead of at the bottom...

ngl thought this originally was a Cataclysm DoE

• Haha 2

Good Luck, Dont Suck!

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines