10/31/2014 - November Donation Bonuses!

Alex

• Administrators

I'm happy to announce that October has been a great month for Politics and War, and we've grown significantly! I'm hoping to continue doing so through this next month. Starting now you'll be able to donate up to $30 towards your nation to receive in-game cash as a bonus. The money you donate is being used to pay for hosting, which I'm continue to upgrade as I'm able to pay for better services, as well as advertising to get us more players and grow the community. 

The donation bonuses for this month are as follows (note, the amount that your nation received in donations last month has been reset, so if you donated last month you are still eligible for this month's donations):

$625,000    - $5 USD

$1,250,000 - $10 USD

$1,875,000 - $15 USD

$2,500,000 - $20 USD

$3,750,000 - $30 USD

This also marks the end of the Halloween Spooky Flag Sale, so thank you to all of those who participated in that and got custom flags!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I hate to be a killjoy, but someday, after there is a larger and more stable player base, will there be a second or alternate "Orbis" on which there is no way for any nation to EVER be able to receive money from God?  I saw this annoucement this morning and then I go back to my trade screen and think "why bother?" 

I know, I know, Mr. Cynical Killjoy.  Maybe Saturday mornings just suck.  I'll be OK, I just have to scrounge around the next few days for $25 to put on my green dot visa.  Being ass-poor and taking care of a family of five can be a drag sometimes.

Excuse me, scrounge around for $30.  I can't even read straight. 

All Hail Lardbelly!  Lord of Digestion!  Conqueror of Quesadillas!  Ruler of Rotissierie!  Potentate of Pizza!  Future Irresponsible Wielder of Thermonuclear Weapons! 

Bring me your finest meats and cheeses or be nuked into so much radioactive grit!  You have been warned.....

OK, I'm better now.  I'll just keep plugging along regardless of if me or anyone else gets extra in-game money.  Not like it changes my war range or anything.  Perhaps down the road we'll be able to donate in exchange for multi-stage nuclear weapons?

All Hail Lardbelly!  Lord of Digestion!  Conqueror of Quesadillas!  Ruler of Rotissierie!  Potentate of Pizza!  Future Irresponsible Wielder of Thermonuclear Weapons! 

Bring me your finest meats and cheeses or be nuked into so much radioactive grit!  You have been warned.....

I hate to be a killjoy, but someday, after there is a larger and more stable player base, will there be a second or alternate "Orbis" on which there is no way for any nation to EVER be able to receive money from God?  I saw this annoucement this morning and then I go back to my trade screen and think "why bother?" 

I know, I know, Mr. Cynical Killjoy.  Maybe Saturday mornings just suck.  I'll be OK, I just have to scrounge around the next few days for $25 to put on my green dot visa.  Being !@#$-poor and taking care of a family of five can be a drag sometimes.

Not everyone does it.

scSqPGJ.gif

• Administrators

FYI ingame, you say it's $3,875,000 for the $30

Thanks, I've updated the OP.

Any progress on finding a Paypal alternative?

I've been trying to set up Google Wallet, so far to no avail.

I know, I know, Mr. Cynical Killjoy.  Maybe Saturday mornings just suck.  I'll be OK, I just have to scrounge around the next few days for $25 to put on my green dot visa.  Being ass-poor and taking care of a family of five can be a drag sometimes.

Unfortunately, these donations are a necessary evil. I've done my best by limiting them and not making crazy amounts of cash available. 

The next important thing to note is that donations benefit everyone, even if you're not the nation directly receiving $3,875,000. In the real world, I'd argue against trickle-down economics, but in P&W it's something a little more tangible. Each nation that gets $3,875,000 will start buying things. That'll be resources, bigger cities (which require more food and power resources to supply, not to mention resources for the improvements), bigger militaries (more resources to make things), and projects (again, lots of resources involved).

You don't get resources when you make a donation, but the demand for resources goes up. That means resource prices go up, which helps out the little guys (smaller nations, and typically nations that don't donate) to grow faster as well. If we didn't have this resource based economy, then they would be really OP, but the fact of the matter is that when the big nations are doing well, so are the smaller ones.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link