The First Snek on The Moon (No Whales Allowed)

Agent W

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The only thing I look at you guys for now is fun thought experiments on how quickly we could build someone up to catch up to Wampus.

It would be interesting to see how fast GG combined efforts could build a re-rolled nation to whale or even Wampus tier albeit unrealistic.

28 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Because a tier has utility doesn't mean it is the most effective. I would guess that most people would concede that the mid-tier is the most effective tier to control, but I could be mistaken. I'll update and say the whale tier is certainly more effective than the tiny-tier, but I don't think that was ever in doubt.

This has to be the most meaningless argument to come from your side yet. The fact of the matter is, consolidation of power of any tier is extremely bad for politics and the game. It's a major !@#$-block and only leads to more lopsided wars like we see today. The only alliance in the game guilty of such is GoB so I'm not sure where you're going with this argument. The upper tier is where control starts Hodor and you've been around long enough to know that. Wars are fought top-down. You control the upper tier and it sort of dominos downward since down-declaring is much more effective than up-declaring. As has been said, we don't even need to get into the mechanics or details because war history speaks for itself. 

33 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I know I'm not going to convince you that the previous three wars Grumpy fought in weren't dogpiles, but let's at least acknowledge that is nowhere near universally agreed upon.

Ten-Day wasn't a dogpile?

Duck Hunt wasn't a dogpile?

GnR was supposed to be a dogpile had things went your way. 3/3 on intent, 2/3 on execution. 

• Upvote 6

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

1 hour ago, Zevari said:

It would be interesting to see how fast GG combined efforts could build a re-rolled nation to whale or even Wampus tier albeit unrealistic.

We dont need guardian, our bottleneck would be the city timer, not the cash. (like I said, the thought experiment is fun, because we have looked at it a few times.)

1 hour ago, Justin076 said:

This has to be the most meaningless argument to come from your side yet. The fact of the matter is, consolidation of power of any tier is extremely bad for politics and the game. It's a major !@#$-block and only leads to more lopsided wars like we see today. The only alliance in the game guilty of such is GoB so I'm not sure where you're going with this argument. The upper tier is where control starts Hodor and you've been around long enough to know that. Wars are fought top-down. You control the upper tier and it sort of dominos downward since down-declaring is much more effective than up-declaring. As has been said, we don't even need to get into the mechanics or details because war history speaks for itself. 

....did I disagree with this? I'm not some propaganda machine, nor is our "side" a monolith... I come on here to represent my own opinions so it's best to not assume that I am going to disagree with everything you say.

1 hour ago, Justin076 said:

GnR was supposed to be a dogpile had things went your way. 3/3 on intent, 2/3 on execution. 

Again my argument wasn't against the dogpile. I believe I've said IN THIS THREAD that dogpiles are smart. But since you're asking: 10-day was a dogpile, the other two are more complicated but, gun to my head, they aren't dogpiles.

Edited by Hodor

58 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

10 day was a dog pile, I have never denied that.

Duck Hunt was you attacking us, and your own paranoia getting you rolled, and one in which you tried to dog pile us first (900+ vs 450 or so) dont forget.

(fun side note, now that we are allied to TKR, and are using old HM discord servers, I asked them this morning to go back and read our top level gov channel during and before that war started, so that they could see that our version of events were correct and apologize for doubting me.  Note: still waiting on that apology Adrienne.)

GnR was 500 on 700 which is not a dogpile, it just looked super lopsided because Rose didn't militarize which is not our fault.

4 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Pixel hugging? per Dryad, you have fought one war since the IQ war not including this one.  We have fought in every major war, we put our pixels where are mouth is, we have been rolling out in shorter more frequent wars, to the point that some of our allies wanted out so they could take a breather and regroup.  Grumpy has taken off one major global in it's entire history, and that was the 2nd war that rolled out after we formed, which was when we were about 12-15 members and before your nation even existed.  Can you say the same Pascal?

When you fight Pascal, have you really focused on contributing to your side's success, or have you focused to enriching yourself thru raiding?  Looking at your nation it seems to be more on the other side of things.

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes losing pixels to you?  Do we need to win a war where we get ZIed?  I generally take around a billion in damage every war, which is enough to rebuild 80 cities to 2k infra, or 200 cities to 1.5k infra. so I alone am taking damage equal to 4 20 City nations or 20 10 city nations. and these are wars we win, so how much should I be taking to make you happy?

I like how you have so little arguments that you have to rely on Dryad to find one that suits you. My points were about Grumpy (which you of course all ignored, lol) but if you want to talk about Eclipse and me, sure, let's talk about it a bit.

Dryad doesn't know anything about in-game politics or how it works behind the scenes, he's just a raider after all. Qualifying Eclipse of pixelhuggers because we didn't get the occasion to fight a war (until now) is just stupid on his end. But you SRD, as a leader, you probably know that you can't start wars at anytime whenever you want either, in particular when you're in a sphere (and I'm not the kind of person like you who goes for dogpiles because "why not ?" either). If it makes you feel better, Eclipse proposed it's help to t$ for gw17 and we would have happily fought in defense of Quacksphere at the time, however t$ didn't require our help so we didn't push as they were fine with us not involving.

I don't really understand why you are insisting on my raiding past either (which was during the Arrgh & Mythic days). There is literally nothing shameful in being a raider before lmao. I'm now completely dedicated to Eclipse and yes, I put my side & my alliance interests above my personal interests. You don't seem to know anything about me anyways (it feels like you only learned of my existence 3 days ago lol) so who even are you to judge me ?

And jesus, I literally just proved how stupid your last paragraph was just 2 days ago in the same thread wtf, stop bringing it back. 1 billion is literally nothing at your scale. IIRC, I took about 2.5 billions damages in gw16 alone, and I was only a c34 with 2700 or 3000 infra/city at the time. Can you say the same, Ronny ? Rhetorical question of course.

4 hours ago, Hodor said:

Being a douchebag to people unprovoked is not going to make you many friends or gain you much respect. At least you didn't just downvote me and leave though, so baby steps I suppose.

Regardless, you've misunderstood the point of my post and have wrongly assumed I was making some sort of rebuttal or novel argument. I was instead trying my best to distill the arguments already made as I thought they were contradictory. I've no idea where your anger came from, but you did bring some new points so I'll do my best to address them below.

No one in this game wants any one dominating any tier. You've misunderstood me.

Because a tier has utility doesn't mean it is the most effective. I would guess that most people would concede that the mid-tier is the most effective tier to control, but I could be mistaken. I'll update and say the whale tier is certainly more effective than the tiny-tier, but I don't think that was ever in doubt.

Harpooning whales has always been hard, perhaps it's harder now, however that's not the point I was making. Three c35 nations can take a c45 down in 2 rounds. You'll need numbers and coordination, but that's not changed.

I know I'm not going to convince you that the previous three wars Grumpy fought in weren't dogpiles, but let's at least acknowledge that is nowhere near universally agreed upon.

The second part of this paragraph is confusing because I didn't actually specify which part of the CB was hypocritical... you seem to have assumed it was the dogpile? You know what they say about assuming... I was referring to the "Grumpy is consolidating the whale tier" part of the CB which has been used consistently each time t$ musters up the will to hit us.

Again, you are a very either passionate or barbarous person to be so unnecessarily antagonistic and insulting in an online forum about a fake game. It might benefit you to take a walk, do some yoga, etc. before you respond to a very bland post with such gratuitous rage.

I'm at least glad (and surprised) that unlike some blind TKR simps or SRD, you recognize some of my points (and actually read my posts, which SRD doesn't seem to do). Now i'm not going to come back to those points because I more or less agree with you.

I answered to your post in the first place because it was quite obvious that you were trying to delegitimize our reasons for this war using the classic "you're hypocritical" argument (at this point you can just use this one every war tbf) and purposefully trying to reduce the weight Grumpy has in the game. It's pretty clear to me for several reasons that I mentionned in my three previous posts that the victim and "GG isn't OP" narrative your alliance tries to spread is utter bullshit, and GG has absolutely no right to complain about being dogpiled currently after all they have done in the past year and a half.

For these reasons, I'm not sure why you're expecting me to be friendly with someone like you in an alliance like Grumpy, who supports a cause that I know is wrong and way more hypocritical than ours. You judge me by my words, I judge you by the actions of the alliance you defend. The actions of your alliance do not deserve the slightest empathy. As for the aggressiveness, it's not like your side was crystal clean and never insulting/trolling either, so welcome to the internet I guess ? Thanks for the advices, but I don't need them.

Edited by Pascal
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pascal said:

I'm at least glad (and surprised) that unlike some blind TKR simps or SRD, you recognize some of my points (and actually read my posts, which SRD doesn't seem to do). Now i'm not going to come back to those points because I more or less agree with you.

I answered to your post in the first place because it was quite obvious that you were trying to delegitimize our reasons for this war using the classic "you're hypocritical" argument (at this point you can just use this one every war tbf) and purposefully trying to reduce the weight Grumpy has in the game. It's pretty clear to me for several reasons that I mentionned in my three previous posts that the victim and "GG isn't OP" narrative your alliance tries to spread is utter bullshit, and GG has absolutely no right to complain about being dogpiled currently after all they have done in the past year and a half.

For these reasons, I'm not sure why you're expecting me to be friendly with someone like you in an alliance like Grumpy, who supports a cause that I know is wrong and way more hypocritical than ours. You judge me by my words, I judge you by the actions of the alliance you defend. The actions of your alliance do not deserve the slightest empathy.

I don't think a single soul in Grumpy doesn't think, and many of us brag publicly here, that we are OP. We take pride in it. What I take issue with is y'all have a narrative that we are OP, but then instead of leaving it there, bring in a bunch of other points that contradict it (we suck at war, even when we do war we don't fight, etc.).

We've not been any more aggressive than any other alliance on Orbis, nor do we have a "cause" but to provide a place for large, older nations to hang out and whine about the youths. But, based on your approach here I think your mind is made up so a prolonged conversation isn't going to be the best use of either of our time. Should you ever want to expand your worldview, come hang out at the Grumpy server. As long as you don't come in douche cannons ablaze, you'll find us a fun bunch.

14 minutes ago, Pascal said:

As for the aggressiveness, it's not like your side was crystal clean and never insulting/trolling either, so welcome to the internet I guess ? Thanks for the advices, but I don't need them.

Weird approach, but you do you. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Pascal said:

If it makes you feel better, Eclipse proposed it's help to t$ for gw17 and we would have happily fought in defense of Quacksphere at the time, however t$ didn't require our help so we didn't push as they were fine with us not involving.

Wait so you didn't even fight in Quack either?  Why am I even talking to you then?  Damn I really am giving you way too much credit, if we ever get around to fighting you in a future war, I look forward to copy/pasteing all your comments back to you.  

And btw yes you can just be like, "hey lets go hit those guys", you just need to have like minded allies.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I don't think a single soul in Grumpy doesn't think, and many of us brag publicly here, that we are OP. We take pride in it. What I take issue with is y'all have a narrative that we are OP, but then instead of leaving it there, bring in a bunch of other points that contradict it (we suck at war, even when we do war we don't fight, etc.).

I don't really talk alot on the forums, but i do want to correct you that you are simply "OP" because of the amount of whales/megawhales you guys have. It doesn't necessarily mean you are a good fighter either, you simply know how to click the "dogfight" button and thats all there is to it. This game doesn't require you to do alot when you have easy mode on and i don't blame you for it. 

As for why bollywood declared on you guys is quite simple honestly. Rosesphere clearly wanted revenge on you guys for dogpiling them in guns & roses. While you might not call it a dogpile because mystery and oasis jumped in, what would of had happened if they didn't? your intention was clear as daylight, to make it a dogpile against rose. 

I don't think you guys are stupid and I don't believe your side thinks we are stupid either, lets be honest. Hollywood deserves this rolling. As for GG let's be real -> image.png.2f22055ae7cab82a55afe21b196cc830.png

Last time GG lost score (got rolled) was 2 years ago during dial up and that was a very slow death where it took months for GG to properly die. This was about time and deserved, now lets enjoy the wars please and thank you.

There is too much salt though i'm quite enjoying it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Wait so you didn't even fight in Quack either?  Why am I even talking to you then?  Damn I really am giving you way too much credit, if we ever get around to fighting you in a future war, I look forward to copy/pasteing all your comments back to you.  

And btw yes you can just be like, "hey lets go hit those guys", you just need to have like minded allies.

You know you're bad at orbis politics when you get successfully rebutted by a shitposter. I'm experiencing a bit of deja vu. Have we crossed paths before? 😛

2 hours ago, Vein said:

I don't really talk alot on the forums, but i do want to correct you that you are simply "OP" because of the amount of whales/megawhales you guys have. It doesn't necessarily mean you are a good fighter either, you simply know how to click the "dogfight" button and thats all there is to it. This game doesn't require you to do alot when you have easy mode on and i don't blame you for it. 

As for why bollywood declared on you guys is quite simple honestly. Rosesphere clearly wanted revenge on you guys for dogpiling them in guns & roses. While you might not call it a dogpile because mystery and oasis jumped in, what would of had happened if they didn't? your intention was clear as daylight, to make it a dogpile against rose. 

I don't think you guys are stupid and I don't believe your side thinks we are stupid either, lets be honest. Hollywood deserves this rolling. As for GG let's be real -> image.png.2f22055ae7cab82a55afe21b196cc830.png

Last time GG lost score (got rolled) was 2 years ago during dial up and that was a very slow death where it took months for GG to properly die. This was about time and deserved, now lets enjoy the wars please and thank you.

There is too much salt though i'm quite enjoying it.

Did you just quote me to agree with me, but make it sound like you were disagreeing with me? Weird flex but okay.

On 8/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, Justin076 said:

🤣

A single 20 day old Junior Associate brings more talent to the table than you could ever put forward Charles. 

It's funny that you mention 20 days. That's about how long you lasted in NPOLT before giving up for the next 9 months only to show up at the end begging for a handout.

I've seen newbs with less than 10 cities and no war chest put in a better effort than that 🤣

That being said however, I'm happy you are probably getting a win this war. It will be good for your confidence and I don't think anyone could survive another salty tantrum like we had to endure during the last war from yourself. 

I'm glad to see you pulled it together 👍

Edited by Charles Bolivar
  • Downvote 4

Untitled.png

17 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

It's funny that you mention 20 days. That's about how long you lasted in NPOLT before giving up for the next 9 months only to show up at the end begging for a handout.

I've seen newbs with less than 10 cities and no war chest put in a better effort than that. If you are the best tS can do for gov, it's no surprise they got rolled last war and had to ask Rose for help this war 🤣 

That being said however, I'm happy you are probably getting a win this war. It will be good for your confidence and I don't think anyone could survive another salty tantrum like we had to endure during the last war from yourself. 

I'm glad to see you pulled it together 👍

You finally returned I see, you must've spent the whole day drumming this up did you?

In the meantime I had my 20 day old Junior Associate write me up a 10 page essay titled "How to cope with being a has-been in Politics and War". I will have it sent to you right away so you can start the healing process. 

Salty tantrum🤣Check your f**king posting history from the past week bro. It's so desperate I pity you at times.

Edited by Justin076
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

29 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

You finally returned I see, you must've spent the whole day drumming this up did you?

In the meantime I had my 20 day old Junior Associate write me up a 10 page essay titled "How to cope with being a has-been in Politics and War". I will have it sent to you right away so you can start the healing process. 

Salty tantrum🤣Check your f**king posting history from the past week bro. It's so desperate I pity you at times.

Oh? Were you waiting for me? That's nice 👍

No tantrum here lad. I accept my beatings when I get them. Heck, I even agree with the reasoning employed by tS in moving against a strategic threat. It was the same reasoning we used against tS last year after all (a reasoning I might add which you were very very salty about quite publicly but now seem fine with). 

What I do find amusing, however, is the semi-coherent moralist ramblings utilised in order to justify the CB. Partisan and I discussed this as being a failing of tS after the last time we engaged in hostilities and he openly admitted that a few of tS's gov had dropped the ball in this sense. He didn't mention any names but hey, he didn't really need to did he?

Also, a quick shout out to Wana. You are doing a good job lad. I always knew you had it in you 👍

Edited by Charles Bolivar
  • Downvote 1

Untitled.png

On 8/19/2021 at 9:50 AM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The reason we are in here arguing with you and not with Rose, is because rose doesn't engage in the forums which is no fun.. 

Fear not, I'm here now reporting in from the front lines!

On 8/18/2021 at 7:41 PM, Charles Bolivar said:

Respect to Rose over this one. Takes some serious FA skill to manipulate a whole other bloc into enacting your own revenge.

o7 Rose

On 8/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, YangMoment said:

syndi spending all those months crying about rose's secret treaties with the rest of the game against quack

and then proceeded to sign a secret treaty against hollywood

congrats you spineless f**ks, you've proved to the entire game that you're somehow worse than every other sphere 

at least others are somewhat willing to stick to a narrative

Can confirm that things have really been blossoming between tS and Rose ever since we signed our blood pact! Truly the past year of consistently taking a fat shit on Rose at nearly every public opportunity was just a front, all along. I'm simply happy that the veil is finally lifted and I can proudly fight side-by-side with my dear friend, ally, and confirmed Rose-sympathizer, Leopold. 😌

• Haha 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

16 minutes ago, Kurdanak said:

Fear not, I'm here now reporting in from the front lines!

Can confirm that things have really been blossoming between tS and Rose ever since we signed our blood pact! Truly the past year of consistently taking a fat shit on Rose at nearly every public opportunity was just a front, all along. I'm simply happy that the veil is finally lifted and I can proudly fight side-by-side with my dear friend, ally, and confirmed Rose-sympathizer, Leopold. 😌

Hey, I didn't say you were friends. I said 'manipulate.' 

A bit of a subtle difference there 🤣

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Hey, I didn't say you were friends. I said 'manipulate.' 

A bit of a subtle difference there 🤣

IMO, sometimes it really is just so simple as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." You should be proud of yourselves for creating common ground between us, that's not an insignificant accomplishment!

• Like 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

14 minutes ago, Kurdanak said:

IMO, sometimes it really is just so simple as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." You should be proud of yourselves for creating common ground between us, that's not an insignificant accomplishment!

No no no, I'm going to give you and rose the respect you deserve. Masterful FA there getting tS to enact your revenge. 

Respect +10 🤣

Untitled.png

On 8/21/2021 at 11:00 PM, Dryad said:

So feel free to treat Grumpy as the entity that most urgently needs to be addressed for the sake of game balance, poach all whales away from Grumpy and roll Grumpy into the dirt. Huge respect to Theo for making tC and attempting the former, and thank you very much for doing the latter right now. However, all of this can be done without actually developing a personal hatred towards them just over them having lots of whales (dislike them for dogpiling, I don't care).

This is true; however, tbh, GOB is just the next TEst.

Only difference with this one is I recognize all these fricking whales.

For example, iirc:

@Aenir - UPN. I remember this one being !@#$ slapped for 3 years

@Rosen DJOK - DEIC. This is another one that we kept !@#$ slapping every time we clapped Paragon and Covenant for years on end.

@Joe Baker - VE? I wanna say VE. Paragon

@Inconnu - VE? I wanna say VE for this one again

@Hamiltenor and @Belisarius - Rose. I remember these ones vividly. The prize at the top after rolling the ever loving !@#$ out of Rose lmfao.

Ajax - VE?

Tamer - Is that @Tamerlane? I wanna say TKR and VE

@Goldie - VE. What a game it would have been had we VoNC'ed Partisan amirite? :P

@Samwise etc and so on and so forth iirc VE

Point being, difference between TEst and this one is that majority of @Sweeeeet Ronny D's membership should be used to getting !@#$ slapped like this.

@Cooper_  told me not to compare the FA of the past; however, I want the game played at my pace tho so I think a rerun of Knightfall and a reminder to GOB that they're just the new TEst is warranted.

Edited by Eumirbago
I didn't want to mention names without tagging as much of them as possible. No sneak dissin out here lmfao
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

18 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

This is true; however, tbh, GOB is just the next TEst.

Only difference with this one is I recognize all these fricking whales.

For example, iirc:

@Aenir - UPN. I remember this one being !@#$ slapped for 3 years

@Rosen DJOK - DEIC. This is another one that we kept !@#$ slapping every time we clapped Paragon and Covenant for years on end.

@Joe Baker - VE? I wanna say VE. Paragon

@Inconnu - VE? I wanna say VE for this one again

@Hamiltenor and @Belisarius - Rose. I remember these ones vividly. The prize at the top after rolling the ever loving !@#$ out of Rose lmfao.

Ajax - VE?

Tamer - Is that @Tamerlane? I wanna say TKR and VE

@Goldie - VE. What a game it would have been had we VoNC'ed Partisan amirite? :P

@Samwise etc and so on and so forth iirc VE

Point being, difference between TEst and this one is that majority of @Sweeeeet Ronny D's membership should be used to getting !@#$ slapped like this.

@Cooper_  told me not to compare the FA of the past; however, I want the game played at my pace tho so I think a rerun of Knightfall and a reminder to GOB that they're just the new TEst is warranted.

Do you recognize these whales?  Joe, Inco, Tamer, and Ajax aren't VE guys, the VE guys are Korben, Pres, Sammy, Myself, and the corpse of Goldie.

On 8/23/2021 at 11:31 PM, Vein said:

now lets enjoy the wars please and thank you.

I wish this was possible but in the last 5 years or something the only people who had the balls to take us  in a fair fight with similar numbers are our current allies, my citizens aren't teachers, doctors, workers, farmers, they are all rocket engineers because launching missiles is the only thing we do, I will probably get free moon landing for proven skills in rocket engineering, almost 400 missiles and 100 nukes in 3 years (and I always try conventional war if I can)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I wish this was possible but in the last 5 years or something the only people who had the balls to take us  in a fair fight with similar numbers are our current allies

Ah yes, Grumpy and Guardian,  your best non-dogpilers allies. I also remember gw16 being a nice totally fair war where GG definitely did nothing wrong. After all we are the big bad meanies who hit them unprovoked right ? GG is way too respectable to plan dogpiles.

Edited by Pascal

19 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Ah yes, Grumpy and Guardian,  your best non-dogpilers allies. I also remember gw16 being a nice totally fair war where GG definitely did nothing wrong. After all we are the big bad meanies who hit them unprovoked right ? GG is way too respectable to plan dogpiles.

Yes this is correct, I am glade we are finally on the same page.  Now maybe you can address that despite your stated hatred of dog piles, you are currently involved in one, which just seems weird.

32 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Now maybe you can address that despite your stated hatred of dog piles, you are currently involved in one, which just seems weird.

Dogpiling GG is the only way to stop GG from dogpiling all the other non-GG whales and possibly allow the rest of the game to catch up Grumpy after 18 months without you losing pixels. After dogpiling all your potential enemies in the past 3 wars, including us in gw16, you aren't really in a position to criticize any of us for dogpiling you in reprisal.
It's sad we had to come to this, but that wouldn't have happened if GG (mainly Grumpy) didn't gather so many whales/megawhales in the first place which strongly influenced the recent global wars outcome then snowball etc, I already argued about that.
Take it however you want but I never wanted to dogpile Hollywood and I actually feel quite bad for TKR/tO/BK being rolled/dogpiled again and again over the past year (and I have absolutely nothing against them), I'm just here for Grumpy.

Edited by Pascal