Farmers Market

Doom

I'm a small nation and I plan to make a lot of my money off selling food. Right now I'm selling as much as I can at the price 200. Most ,if not all, will go to funding a new city and increasing my food income. As I make more, I will sell for less and less. Anyways, the money would help out so go buy it up!

Edited by Doom
  • Upvote 1

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Investing in farms is good but when you have the money and the income to sustain more precious resources like steel or aluminium, or gasoline. Invest in them.

1 unit of aluminium sells for about 1400$, that is nearly 1200 $ more than the current food price per unit.

Also join an alliance.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

actually the best thing to sell is food even for  larger nations due to the fact food is always in demand unlike steel or aluminum food people buy in big batches of 50-100 to sustain for a day though I prefer munitions it just fills good to know I produce 200minitions a day

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Okay.  For those of you saying aluminum/whatever is better than food... just do me a favor.

Take the amount that each unit of food sells for and divide that by the amount each unit costs you to produce.  Then take the amount that aluminum sells for and divide it by the amount each unit costs you to produce.  Discuss your findings and what they mean.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

ssshhh they might actually learn something best to keep quiet about this our you may have competition

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Okay.  For those of you saying aluminum/whatever is better than food... just do me a favor.

Take the amount that each unit of food sells for and divide that by the amount each unit costs you to produce.  Then take the amount that aluminum sells for and divide it by the amount each unit costs you to produce.  Discuss your findings and what they mean.

Let's say that I have a city with a land area of 520. One farm will produce 20.8 food per day, currently worth on average $3,536 at a cost of $300 per day. This nets $3,236 per slot (since per slot is way more important than ROI, slots are very expensive). OK, now an aluminum mill, costs are $2,500 per day plus $2,652 worth of Bauxite ($884 PPU), and the gross income is $12,888. You net $7,736 per slot with the mill at current market conditions. In fact, unless your land value is 1,182 or higher, aluminum appears to win in per slot income.

As for your requested calculation, at land value 520, food gets $11.8 per dollar spent and aluminum gets $1.50 per dollar spent, but as previously discussed, the per slot income is much more important.

• Upvote 1

You're right, food is clearly less profitable.  Oh, no.  I'm ruined.  Nobody should produce food.

Edited by terminus467

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yea but you have to look at the rate of selling as well which is most likely to be sold first 40 aluminum or 300 food im going to put my money on food its not just profit its also if you can sell it what's the point in making 20 aluminum a day if you can only sell half of it and demand for food is always high especially since nations are getting bigger and bigger

Weird, food doesn't sell well and it is too expensive to buy. 

It's basically a paradox where the best thing you can do is to do neither. 

That's not been my experience at all, oddly.

aUel2fG.png

Don't forget that buying land will increase your food output.  You can make one city with 8 farms and just add Land.  Don't even need to power it if you don't want.

#1 rule, don't sell to the current market, sell where you want to be, the market will eventually come to you.  At the very least, don't short a 1000 food sale to get ahead of a guy selling 25 food.

Duke of House Greyjoy

Don't forget that buying land will increase your food output.  You can make one city with 8 farms and just add Land.  Don't even need to power it if you don't want.

#1 rule, don't sell to the current market, sell where you want to be, the market will eventually come to you.  At the very least, don't short a 1000 food sale to get ahead of a guy selling 25 food.

To add on this, if someone is undercutting the market by 15-30, don't be afraid to buy their product and mark them up.

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

You're right, food is clearly less profitable.  Oh, no.  I'm ruined.  Nobody should produce food.

To be fair, you did teach me to reexamine my food production. I did sort of centralize and net a fair bit of extra food. It was a good deal, but not as good of a deal as more steel.

I no, for a new nation, food is a great way to go because it's in high demand for war times and large nations. Soon I plan to start my coal industry but jot for a bit.

Right now the price is preeettty low though.

To add on this, if someone is undercutting the market by 15-30, don't be afraid to buy their product and mark them up.

I DO DIS

There's one guy on the market selling food for a loudicrously low price, and trying to sell 7,000 of it... I'm not happy bout that... Actually I don't really care I can always go and buy some now and resell when prices go up.

Edited by Mikhail Gorbachev

I'll buy all of it at $115.

My personal interpretation of neutrality prohibits me sending a personal trade as a counteroffer, but check the global market for my counterproposal.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q