Should there be any changes to land?

Prefontaine

Should land be changed?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be any change to how land current operates?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/21 at 04:00 AM

There have been threads and discussions popping up pertaining to land, primarily with respect to food production. This thread is to gauged public interest on if there should be any tweaks to how land currently works. Changes could be something to the effect of (But don't have to be):

-Land can be destroyed in some way.
-Land has diminishing returns towards impacting food production
-Land has an upkeep cost once you hit a certain threshold

Etcetera. If you're happy with how land currently operates, vote no. If you'd like to see any change in land, vote yes. Feel free to propose any land/food ideas in the thread. Food decay is not viable, however.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 21

scSqPGJ.gif

I'd be in favor of making land destructible somehow, but not the other two.

My suggestion would be to give nukes the power to destroy a limited amount of land, to make nukes less pointless (and I call nukes pointless as the person in the game that has fired the 8th most of them).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

I don't know where any of these discussions have been made, but right now your post has 0 conversation as to what impact any of these ideas would have on gameplay. I therefore have to vote no.

• Upvote 3

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

4 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

I don't know where any of these discussions have been made, but right now your post has 0 conversation as to what impact any of these ideas would have on gameplay. I therefore have to vote no.

Seen it on discord, some of the people in the dev group were talking about it, there was a thread about food decay in the suggestions. The impact would be changes to lands impact on food production, primarily. Like is in the OP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

New Attack Type for Ground Unit: Steal Land

• Each 1000 tanks used steals 10 unit of land.
  • The land is stolen from the city with the most land in defender country and given to the least land city to aggressor.
  • If the defender has less than 1000 land/city, then only 5 land is stolen.
  • The attack destroys 25% less infrastructure and kills 50% less planes.
  • You have to use at least 75% of your total maximum tank capacity to do this attack. This is the total number of tanks a nation with your city count can have with 5 factories and not the total number of tanks you currently possess.
  • Attacker uses 1.5 times more gasoline and 1.5 times less munitions.
  • Causality is increased by 25%.
  • You do not need to have ground control to use this attack type. However, getting an Immense Triumph while using this attack type will not give you ground control.

Edited by Majima Goro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

New Attack Type for Ground Unit: Steal Land

• Each 1000 tanks used steals 10 unit of land.
  • The land is stolen from the city with the most land in defender country and given to the most land city to aggressor.
  • If the defender has less than 1000 land/city, then only all the land is stolen.
  • The attack destroys 25% more infrastructure and kills 50% more planes and targets military improvements.
  • You have to use at least 75% of your total maximum tank capacity to do this attack. This is the total number of tanks you currently possess.
  • Attacker uses 1.5 less more gasoline and 1.5 times less munitions.
  • Enemy Causality is increased by 25%.
  • You do not need to have ground control to use this attack type.

@Majima Goro much better, right?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Duck Jesus said:

New Attack Type for Ground Unit: Steal Land

• Each 1000 tanks used steals 10 unit of land.
  • The land is stolen from the city with the most land in defender country and given to the most land city to aggressor.
  • If the defender has less than 1000 land/city, then only all the land is stolen.
  • The attack destroys 25% more infrastructure and kills 50% more planes and targets military improvements.
  • You have to use at least 75% of your total maximum tank capacity to do this attack. This is the total number of tanks you currently possess.
  • Attacker uses 1.5 less more gasoline and 1.5 times less munitions.
  • Enemy Causality is increased by 25%.
  • You do not need to have ground control to use this attack type.

@Majima Goro much better, right?

This isn't a joke bro. I actually want to see piracy die. But not by the hands of a pixel-hugger whale like Prefonteen who hasn't played the war side of game in decades. I want to kill it myself so the pixel-hugger whales can't say they were the ones to end piracy.

2 minutes ago, Majima Goro said:

This isn't a joke bro. I actually want to see piracy die. But not by the hands of a pixel-hugger whale like Prefonteen who hasn't played the war side of game in decades. I want to kill it myself so the pixel-hugger whales can't say they were the ones to end piracy.

I am just trying to speed up the process :duccccccccccc2:

4 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

There have been threads and discussions popping up pertaining to land, primarily with respect to food production. This thread is to gauged public interest on if there should be any tweaks to how land currently works. Changes could be something to the effect of (But don't have to be):

Etcetera. If you're happy with how land currently operates, vote no. If you'd like to see any change in land, vote yes. Feel free to propose any land/food ideas in the thread. Food decay is not viable, however.

CN has a mechanic where a ground attack can steal a small bit of land and add it to your land, like ground invading a nation irl

Id be up for it.

Edited by Suyash Adhikari

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

2 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

Hey, I specifically had Pre attacked so that he could rediscover the war mechanics last month.

• Haha 1

Considering land has a ROI in years it shouldn't be destroyed. Doing so would be unfair to the people who have invested in it. I would like to see it effect your nation more then just farms/ minor pollution so more people have a reason to get it however(like maybe have it give a bonus to other production sources or have it perhaps give building slots every 500 or so, or something else completely new ). So overall I would like to see it changed so it its more useful. However all the changes suggested above seem just plain stupid and aimed at making it even more useless when it already is a generally bad investment so I must vote no. 

Edited by lightside
  • Downvote 1

Guest Zephyr
33 minutes ago, im317 said:

im not opposed to diminishing returns but voted no because i am against destroying land.

The poll is more like, "Vote 'no' if you think land is perfect 👨‍🍳👌 just the way it is. Vote 'yes' if there's something, anything, land related that you think could be changed". Sounds like you just voted against yourself.

Edited by Zephyr

4 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

The poll is more like, "Vote 'no' if you think land is perfect 👨‍🍳👌 just the way it is. Vote 'yes' if there's something, anything, land related that you think could be changed". Sounds like you just voted against yourself.

If you look at the changes Prefontaine is suggesting it is clear they are considering nerfing land and not the other way around. Nerfing land is pointless as it takes years to pay for itself and thus isn't an issue. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Zephyr
2 minutes ago, lightside said:

If you look at the changes Prefontaine is suggesting it is clear they are considering nerfing land and not the other way around. Nerfing land is pointless as it takes years to pay for itself and thus isn't an issue. 

This is just a thread to ask if players are open to any changes to land. Prefontaine simply reeled off some examples of changes that have been discussed, by someone, somewhere, at some point in time, that was observed by Prefontaine. He's not saying "Do you want me to make these 3 changes to land?".

Edited by Zephyr

I don't like this idea, Lets, Say this, You invest about 5m, because of a raid, and you can't get the money back, Only at a 99.99% discounted price (I am joking when I say 99.99% discounted price) and you will barely make the money back, More money from alliances are going to be wasted on this, It's clear being able to Destroy or steal land is stupid, destroying land AND infra could destroy cities, It's unbalanced.

Guest Zephyr

I sympathise with the concerns on the fairness of a change to land given the current understanding that it's an expensive but untouchable investment, but could this concern simply be addressed by offering 100% land refunds for a short period after any change made to or around land? Can the land whales please chime in with thoughts specifically on whether there's a way in which a change could be made to land while fairly compensating their efforts up to this point.