Game Development Thread - July

Prefontaine

• Prefontaine pinned, featured and locked this topic
20 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

• Resource Production Center
    • Every turn the nation gets 1 raw resource for each raw resource they can mine (except food) for each city they have up to 4 cities. (60 resources times 3 resource types is a 180 resources total per day)
      • Cost: $500,000
        Food: 1,000

I don't know if it is just me being dumb, but I don't understand what "Every turn the nation gets 1 raw resource for each raw resource they can mine (except food) for each city they have up to 4 cities" means

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I don't know if it is just me being dumb, but I don't understand what "Every turn the nation gets 1 raw resource for each raw resource they can mine (except food) for each city they have up to 4 cities" means

Lets say you can mine Coal, Lead, and Iron. If you have this project you get 1 of those resources every turn for each city you have, up to 5 cities max. So if you have 3 cities you get 3 coal, lead, and iron, every turn. If you have 14 cities, you cap out at 5, so you only get 5 of each per turn. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

7 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Lets say you can mine Coal, Lead, and Iron. If you have this project you get 1 of those resources every turn for each city you have, up to 5 cities max. So if you have 3 cities you get 3 coal, lead, and iron, every turn. If you have 14 cities, you cap out at 5, so you only get 5 of each per turn. 

Ok, I assume it is a mistake that it says "up to 4 cities" then? It should be 5? 

11 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Do you have to actually be mining these things in 5 cities, or just have the capability to, due to geography?  In 5 cities do I need one mine of each of those three to get that max bonus or do I get them by simply having the project?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Do you have to actually be mining these things in 5 cities, or just have the capability to, due to geography?  In 5 cities do I need one mine of each of those three to get that max bonus or do I get them by simply having the project?

No. You get the resources simply for having the project based on your nations location.

13 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Ok, I assume it is a mistake that it says "up to 4 cities" then? It should be 5? 

Correct. Edited. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

Spy System Changes:

• Reserve/Active Duty system
    • Only Active Duty spies may defend spy attacks and perform spy attacks.
    • All new spies purchased default to Reserve Status, not active.
    • Spies in Reserve Status cannot be killed.
    • A player may not move spies from Active Duty to Reserve Status.
    • Spies in Reserve Status cost 50% less upkeep.

There should a time limit on how long spies can be in Reserve Status say around 10 days.
Gives people:
1) Without IA a safe-spy cap of 20.
2) With IA a safe-spy cap of 30
3) With IA+that other new project a safe spy-cap of 40

This would mean spies can still be killed without people maxing them all the time while at the same time giving you something to fight the spy war with.
With the way spies work, 20 spies can still kind of kill enemy spies if you coordinate hard enough while at the same time can be zeroed out extremely fast.

There can also be a hard cap on how many spies can be in Reserve Status to say 50% capacity for that nation or any pre-defined numbers like 40-45.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Majima Goro said:

There should a time limit on how long spies can be in Reserve Status say around 10 days.
Gives people:
1) Without IA a safe-spy cap of 20.
2) With IA a safe-spy cap of 30
3) With IA+that other new project a safe spy-cap of 40

This would mean spies can still be killed without people maxing them all the time while at the same time giving you something to fight the spy war with.
With the way spies work, 20 spies can still kind of kill enemy spies if you coordinate hard enough while at the same time can be zeroed out extremely fast.

There can also be a hard cap on how many spies can be in Reserve Status to say 50% capacity for that nation or any pre-defined numbers like 40-45.

I definitely think a 50% max in reserve cap would do well - so even for established nations, you can have at most 30 safe spies.  And it would take around half an average global war to get to the max amount of reserves.

6 minutes ago, Indger said:

I didn't understand this.Can somebody explain pls.

Project adds 2 project slots.  One is used by itself, meaning you really get one more slot.

• Like 1

Just now, BrythonLexi said:

Project adds 2 project slots.  One is used by itself, meaning you really get one more slot.

Thats cool

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

12 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I still dont understand what problem having a reserve spy system solves.   Can someone please explain it to me.

Say you are fighting someone of equal size in numbers(lol)
Now they attacked first and took all your spies out. 
Given spies take 3 weeks to max out for the average poor person who only can afford an IA, it is impossible to reach past 6 spies.
The other side keeps spy-wiping everyone every third or fourth day and your side never has a chance to gain back spies at all.

What the reserve system does it that any spies you buy get sent into a sleeping force that cannot be assassinated at all.
You can keep building spies in the reserve section and then when your coalition is ready, have them come out of the reserve and launch a spy attack on the other coalition to take their spies out, turning the spy war in your favour(till the opposition does the same things as you did)

Tl;Dr: This is like beige for spies.

• Upvote 1