some dumb rando rants about gw18 idk

hidude45454

Me: Write that down! Write that down!

Edited by Mutsu
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Sultan of United Ummah, Head of Foreign Affairs.
Inshallah, I will get some sleep.

FASmolVerHorizontalForum.png.82b81d9b6d799994f6c2bd11894f54c8.png

Who the F are you? I don’t respond well to threats. 😈

In all seriousness, great write up and thank you for taking the time to elaborate on things from your perspective. Also I think I left a sock at your place. I’ll get it next weekend. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Cas said:

I was also concerned CotL was overextended too much during that second round (apologies to anyone who witnessed me freaking out about that :')) but it turned out alright, for the most part the counters trickled in slowly and were downdecs so they were easy to slot. In fact the few folks who went down during that were the ones who got updeclared by a few smaller nations. They definitely could have used that to their advantage. Great read!

idk if you can tell, but since you were in that juicy range the entire war I based a lot of my observations on comments you were making in the milcom channels, so thanks for the help xP

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hidude45454 said:

Instead, the only person who bothered suicide dogfighting me after day 1 was Tyunka (shoutout if you're reading this), and the spy attacks stopped completely as well

Can Confirm, @Tyunkais the GOAT

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

its not like our side is that great either lmao

but the point must be made

without the presence of an elite sphere, something like IQ, with a sphere wide long term strategy for domination 

and without the threat of extinction due to losing a war

will all future wars resemble this one?

Edited by Vali

Many members from Roasis Inc didn't even know that war was going on and were begging for peace lol,that's what i experienced 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

4 minutes ago, Indger said:

Many members from Roasis Inc didn't even know that war was going on and were begging for peace lol,that's what i experienced 🤷‍♂️

That always happens in the lowest tiers, and is always funny :)

• Like 2

Thank you for this. It was a great read and I'm sure there will be things taken away from it. 

It was a fun war no matter what people see as the outcome. Moving forward should be for an interesting game now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Banner for PnW.png

unknown.png

Jeez, I'd better go finish the third draft of my memo instead of working on fiction about where the protagonist character sprays yellow Not-COVID on everyone from an airplane. But as I mentioned in Discord, the point of interest is the overlap. Some of the points Hidude made were made by others (impression of HW logistics running out), others were made by myself (utter incompetence in running updeclares). Where I tend to disagree was whether or not Oblivion and others overextended, and it was reported that Rose and others suicided planes. In fact, I made the opposite criticism that some Rose suicides didn't have to be suicides but were suicides because Rose etc overextended.

===

Having an official view of the war from HW's side, likewise, also emphasized some of the limitations of HW C4I. Obviously, while I'm aware of some of HW's mistakes in prosecuting this war (my general judgment was that HW was more adaptive to changing combat conditions than Rose coalition), I wasn't aware of others.

Edited by Cherise

Great analysis, 10/10 read. As milcom gov for Atlas, can’t deny that was a few consecutive punches to the face but yeah, all of that was true. My perspective as being a minor part of coordination, in the beginning there was no plan. Sure, intra-alliance was well coordinated but Atlas isn’t the strongest Even with Atlas, I think we could have benefited from militarizing earlier and keeping our peacetime military up to par. That’s something I am tackling. (as ya girl just got promoted to high gov last thursday!) I can’t speak for other spheres, but due to how the wars were rolled out, i think the same lack of communication held true. Near the end of the war, communication improved tenfold. Props to Aurora for making this work. By then, I think it may or may not have been too late, or the rapid change from every milcom gov in every alliance doing their own thing to orders when used to a degree of power. That’s just my insider’s take. Pleasure doing war with you, hope the next is even better.

• Upvote 2

Tl;dr for anyone not wanting to read a WoT

Reasons why neo-IQ sucked:
1) Communication breakdown
2) Trash Milcom and members
3) Giving up and not knowing what to do

Reasons why neo-EMC sucked:
1) Grumpy GoB Pixel-Huggers(the usual reason)

Edited by Majima Goro
Shoutout to members
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1