New Alternative Military Units

Mohammad

Basically, just as you have different resources on different continents, you will also have different units. Here is simple table:

Unit Category

Old Units

“New” Units

Ground

Soldiers

Tanks

Artillery

Aerial

Aircraft                                 

Helicopters                                

Naval

Ships

Submarines

Idea is quite simple: either have each continent have a unique combination of units, or simply divide the world into old and new units. Either way works.

Now what does this do to the game?

Well the whole idea is to add more skill to war, other than "i have more plane, ur tanks go boom boom". For example, Surface Ships could have ability to have anti-air stats to help in defending air battles, whilst subs would not. In return, maybe subs are more lethal in naval battles, or maybe they can launch missiles. Such trade-offs, and balances would still need to be developed, but my hope is that it will make the game more interesting, and kill meta, if for some time.

Ideas? Feedback? Bugs? Love it? Think this is making PnW CN?

Guest Zephyr
10 hours ago, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

Basically, just as you have different resources on different continents, you will also have different units. Here is simple table:

Idea is quite simple: either have each continent have a unique combination of units, or simply divide the world into old and new units. Either way works.

Now what does this do to the game?

Well the whole idea is to add more skill to war, other than "i have more plane, ur tanks go boom boom". For example, Surface Ships could have ability to have anti-air stats to help in defending air battles, whilst subs would not. In return, maybe subs are more lethal in naval battles, or maybe they can launch missiles. Such trade-offs, and balances would still need to be developed, but my hope is that it will make the game more interesting, and kill meta, if for some time.

Ideas? Feedback? Bugs? Love it? Think this is making PnW CN?

I guess the implication from this suggestion is that our nations are not active or capable at an international level to negotiate military hardware purchases with foreign countries and companies, and lack the industry expertise to manufacture military hardware other than what our neighbours are producing. This seems at odds with the game logic as nations routinely trade internationally, establish treaties on behalf of groups of nations, and galavant around the globe declaring wars. I don't think it makes sense to limit military hardware availability by location.

• 2 weeks later...

This is in the same vein as something I thought of a while back.

Soldiers would have three possible units. Regular soldiers, anti-tank units (good against tanks, weaker otherwise), and SAM (surface to air missile) units (good against planes, weaker otherwise).

Planes could be split into fighter planes (better at dogfights don't damage other units as much) and bombers (weaker in dogfights do more damage to other units.

Submarines sound cool, but I'd have to wonder their effect on war. After all, you can't exactly airstrike them in any logical way making ships the only unit without a counter from outside units. People could just load up on subs. Land units can be taken out by air, air can be taken out by land, naval can be taken out by air. I would probably just split ships into those with Anti aircraft guns and those that focus more on ships/infrastructure.

I do like the idea of splitting tanks into unit killing tanks and infra killing artillery though.

Units would end up having different costs and if commodities do become a thing that could be a good way to make some of the less used ones relevant. Depending on how commodities work.