Rejoining P&W, apology and asking for forgiveness

Ana

2 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

Settle Thallie, watch with the past in mind before you jump the gun. You're allowed to believe what you want to believe, though no need to overwork yourself. It'll only rub off on others.

Although I disagree with Thalbuddy on whether Yuno should return. I think the ban was clear and ofc any NPO member can return and even reform their alliance. (my opinion) You yourself Firwof, disregard Thalmor's very legitimate concern; He is taking the stand that many probably believe themselves and what this entire thread is trying to address. He is right to call out what he believes is a threat to this game and thanks for doing so (to Thalmor) since it is not easier than just typing goodluck and best wishes like most will.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Welcome back Anna! No matter what happens I'm still rooting for your return, even if you're in a place where it's a forbidden place I'll never step into. =D 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kurdanak said:

EDIT: For the record, Keshav is probably the only person from all of that who I'd never, ever welcome back under any circumstances. Core of the rot.

Do you really want to look back 10 years from now and regret not destroying alliances in a nationsim browser game?

• Haha 2

Everything NPO, and GPWC did was absolutly screwed.

With that said, ayour ppologies have been given, and i believe everyone deserves second chances. 
Good luck :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kosta said:

Hey @Ana,

From the few DMs we had back in the day, you seem like a nice person. However with every respect I do wish to express an opinion.

In mid 2019, Poollballs, the leader of Nova Riata was caught cheating resources in the game using an exploit. His cheating scandal affected a few alliances, however it was easily remedied.  He was banned indefinitely. What he did was wrong and against the rules. 

In mid 2019-early 2020, NPO sought to win a war through an institutional sized operation that was against the rules. They sold outside assets (manga) in order to tax farm 1000 nations!!!. They perused the longest war in the game with the hope of not winning but destroying the opponent (Those being the majority of respectable alliances in the game). 

I will not lie when many people thought that the end of the game was near. So many alliances scrambled to save the game they loved. 

Yet you guys received temporary 6-12 months bans. Is this fair? 

Ana your apology takes a humble, kind and a remorseful tone. However I don't think you coming back should have been allowed if Alex wishes to take a strong and fair stance on cheaters and wrongdoers. 

Regardless, I wish you well. 

Sounds like you should be pinging Alex then, and not Ana. Ana has literally 0 control over her punishment, Alex has 100% of the control. Your entire post is redundant

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

The idea that you came here to the forum in a game where people still compare things to NPOLT rather than moving on and ask for forgiveness is funny to me. Personally, I fought on your side for that war. I also came back to the game after it had started and GENUINELY had no idea what GPWC/NPO were doing. Had I known, I would have 100% left Polaris and gone to another AA or left the game myself for even being associated. 

That being said, I personally think that in order for us to be better than that of NPO and the ideals that coalition held, we can not tell someone they can't play if the admin allows them to. Telling them to stay away or if they choose not to, rolling them for the simple fact that they exist, THAT is an NPO move and makes you no better than they were. So, if you choose to come back. 

Welcome Back Anna

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Banner for PnW.png

4 minutes ago, BrythonLexi said:

What a noble and respectable response.  You're right - this is just a webgame at the end of the day.  I'm not sure what more people could ask for than a full apology and request for forgiveness.  I see no reason to not give a second chance.

This.  Exactly.  It would be hypocritical to give an eye for an eye, as that is just leaving the entire game blind.  Give Anna the chance to prove herself as a reformed member of the community.  How could I call myself an anarchist if I didn't follow that principle of restorative, instead of punitive, justice?

This is completlty offtopic, but if everyone was blind we'd really need to re design the game to make it more accesible to blind people. So many numbers and sidebars 😛

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I don't believe there is a single thing about that war that should be remembered fondly.

I disagree actually. This might make me a bad guy but I honestly enjoyed gw14. It was my first experience in this game and I raided a lot, made some friends, and felt a sense of accomplishment in my endeavors. I know there are some folks even in coalition a who brag about their achievements during the war and that's fine. Before I get taken out of context, I don't support the cheating that took place and the level of toxicity displayed at some points was certainly regrettable. I wish the war was enjoyable for everyone but I can see why it wasn't. It wasn't all doom and gloom for everybody though. Anyway, since I'm posting I should probably say something on topic. Welcome back Anna :)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Ana said:

Hey everyone,

Some of you may remember me, but for those that don't or joined the game later. I'm Anna, formerly known as Yuno (Id: 70040). 
On february 5th 2020, I got banned alongside many others by Alex for what is commonly known as the NPO cheating scandal.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/27996-252020-major-announcement-regarding-enforcement-of-game-rules/

Here is the link to Alex's announcement on it and a detailed google docs explanation for those that wish to read it. 
First and foremost, what happened is unforgiveable and I acknowledge that I played a critical role in it. 

Due to me using my reach as a large discord community leader and turning those members into tax farms for NPO in exchange for translations of novels or mangas, 
I caused serious harm and dismay to many people.

I am here today to sincerely apologize to the game and community as a whole. My words and actions can't bring back the 
people or time that we're lost in NPO's rampage calling for mass deletion of nations. I am terribly sorry.

The reason for this forum post is simple, after 1.5 years I would like to have a chance to rejoin the politicsandwar community 
and ask for forgiveness for my past actions.  However, I fully understand that I still carry the weight of responsibility with me.

Therefore with this thread I am hoping to be able to respond to any questions, unresolved feelings and thoughts you all might still have on this.
If you prefer, you can also directly contact me on discord at Ana#1892 in the politicsandwar discord. 
Once again, I am truly sorry for what I did. I hope that one day you all can forgive me.

Regards,

Ana

Welcome back.

indgertkr2.png

Legal Disclaimer:

My opinions do not necessarily reflect of the opinions of my alliance, allies, enemies or neutrals.

9 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

Apology Accepted, welcome back 

I don't know how, but that strikes me as the most Minesome freaking thing to say LOL

At least you will be able to see current condition of the game, for what we were fighting for and why it is good NPO is no more. There is no place for toxic behaviour. NPO should never return in any form again(even if you get gov of saints). War was called NPO's last time and NPO should remain dead as an example of bad behaviour. I like vilains because game is overall more interesting to play but not maniacs trying to destroy whole game by any means(cheating)  and even targeting people irl. I swear I will target anyone who will try to resurrect that thing again.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 2

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

I don't know who you are. But what is this 'NPO', some new shit*y micro? Lmao, gotta give credit for owning up to your mistakes and apologizing for it. As far as I know though, it won't change the fact that you still ran the largest cheating scandal Orbis has ever seen. I hope to see that never happens again.

Now, I wonder if other NPO members are coming back :thonk:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

raspootadcompressed2.gif.4f5494d0519e60e8688ee19b48f22ddb.gif

I didn't start playing until after the npo scandal so feel free to roast me or ignore this reply lol

Admitting the mistakes you made with the npo scandal is a good start and i'm sure some people forgive you

However the damage you helped caused is irreversible, and the many players we have lost due to it will never be replaced so everyone who chooses not to forgive you have that right and i hope that if you are serious about rejoining the game you can accept that

What's done is done but i'm sure you will find a community that is willing to take you in and hopefully you can start your path to redeeming yourself

And to all the people who want to bash me my dms are always open ;)

Edited by darkblade
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mutsu said:

I don't know who you are. But what is this 'NPO', some new shit*y micro? Lmao, gotta give credit for owning up to your mistakes and apologizing for it. As far as I know though, it won't change the fact that you still ran the largest cheating scandal Orbis has ever seen. I hope to see that never happens again.

Now, I wonder if other NPO members are coming back :thonk:

Probably not, most despise this game.

User Images