Projects that boost Mining Output

MinesomeMC

• Wiki Mod

If raws production needs to be increased it should be done directly. As it is the raw market is the protected niche where new players can be equally efficent as old ones; And therefore not be priced out of the market. That protected niche needs to stay as a means for new players to grow without depending on raiding.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

3 minutes ago, Dr Rush said:

If raws production needs to be increased it should be done directly. As it is the raw market is the protected niche where new players can be equally efficent as old ones; And therefore not be priced out of the market. That protected niche needs to stay as a means for new players to grow without depending on raiding.

Im sure this won’t hurt new players all that much. Plus these projects will most likely be utilized to lower improvement requirements for builds. 

• Wiki Mod

Thats not at all how that works

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

1 minute ago, Dr Rush said:

Thats not at all how that works

well youre saying these projects will force noobs to rely on raiding, i dont see that being the case. 

• Wiki Mod

Force no, greatly hamper, yes.

13 minutes ago, Dr Rush said:

Let's be completely real here there's two kinds of new players. The kind who join a proper alliance and raid, and those who don't and get raided and eventually quit because they joined no alliance or joined a micro and had no growth opportunities regardless of any protected niche. 

Since that problem is not affected by your concerns, I think a more pointed concern is that this would harm those new players with growth opportunities who stick around and are told to raid by mass flooding the raw market and slashing the prices to ribbons. 

Personally as a whale I suppose the idea of my commerce and 4500 land farms having massively increased buying power sounds just splendid, but this is probably not so good news for everyone else. 😛

• Upvote 1

• Wiki Mod

I'm well aware of the meta. Being the meta does not mean it should be the only viable option. And just because something is already bad does not mean it is okay to make the hole worse.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr Rush said:

I'm well aware of the meta. Being the meta does not mean it should be the only viable option. And just because something is already bad does not mean it is okay to make the hole worse.

wait is it because of the 100% bonuses, these numbers are only fillers (i added a disclaimer on the bottom explaining it) I do get these are way too high, but that idea still could be a great idea if tweaked a bit. 

On 6/17/2021 at 9:19 AM, Dr Rush said:

Copy that.
Giving new players a somewhat fair shot seems important.

8 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

Copy that.
Giving new players a somewhat fair shot seems important.

They’d have a pretty fair shot especially if they join an alliance that does proper IA. Plus this could be the first project that a new player gets as a grant so I don’t see new players missing out from this. 

4 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

They’d have a pretty fair shot especially if they join an alliance that does proper IA. Plus this could be the first project that a new player gets as a grant so I don’t see new players missing out from this. 

Projects are bad for small people. You will need high infra to support multiple projects is the reason small people are told to build only essential projects like IA. Even at 22 cities @ 1k infra/city, I only have 6 project slots, 5/6 of which are filled with important projects namely IA, PB, UP, AUP, NRF and I plan to get the MLP when the timer resets. You can argue that most small players wont need the NRF and MLP and I'll agree with that. However at the level you are talking about at some c5-c6, you usually dont want to go over 1k infra per city. Even if they have 100 wars won+lost, that's 3 project slots and I'll better utilize them to get me the IA, PB and have one in stock for the UP at c11. The way I see it, this will cause more whales to make raw resources and with more cities and a project, out produce most smaller people. This has been true for anything that needs projects in this game for manufacturing.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:36 AM, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Personally as a whale I suppose the idea of my commerce and 4500 land farms having massively increased buying power sounds just splendid, but this is probably not so good news for everyone else. 😛

its cute that you think you are a whale...

• Haha 5

• Wiki Mod
On 6/19/2021 at 6:01 PM, MinesomeMC said:

IA in most of the game is terrible. Also, we are trying to protect the super tiny new nations that are not getting any aid at all.

The last we visited raw production changes, it was through direct output changes. As raw resource production (non-food) is most useful to new nations, putting a project requirement on it is not ideal. All of that said, when we were considering making increases it was decided to not. I don't think increasing raw production is anywhere on our considerations at the moment, but if it comes back I highly doubt it will be project-related. 

scSqPGJ.gif