The Hollywood/Roasis War has concluded

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Just now, Kyubnyan said:

I actually fought against TKR in Knightfall as well. They did a lot of damage given how outnumbered they were and put up a great fight even though they did end up losing. Dogpiles usually don't turn out too well for the side being dogpiled (go figure). Really makes you think how this war ended so quickly and with such little resistance. :)

Yeah, they have improved a lot over the years and continue to have a cohesive sense of identity and obligation.

It's just too bad that can sometimes be overshadowed by a sour reality in foreign relations and infrastructural losses. But TKR keeps coming back, and will probably continue to until the end of the game.

Good to meet a veteran of Knightfall. Do you remember the PnW Jack-o-Lantern competition? :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

Yeah, they have improved a lot over the years and continue to have a cohesive sense of identity and obligation.

It's just too bad that can sometimes be overshadowed by a sour reality in foreign relations and infrastructural losses. But TKR keeps coming back, and will probably continue to until the end of the game.

Good to meet a veteran of Knightfall. Do you remember the PnW Jack-o-Lantern competition? :)

Haha yeah, infrastructure loss / pixel burning is healthy for the game but I won't comment on foreign relations as that is not my area of expertise.

P.S. yes I do remember the pumpkin carving contests but I wouldn't be able to tell you who has won them without a bit of forum digging.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

2 minutes ago, Kyubnyan said:

Haha yeah, infrastructure loss / pixel burning is healthy for the game but I won't comment on foreign relations as that is not my area of expertise.

P.S. yes I do remember the pumpkin carving contests but I wouldn't be able to tell you who has won them without a bit of forum digging.

As low-tier TKR FA, as far as I can tell certainly a few people are angry about the recent war, but most seem to be pretty chill.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kyubnyan said:

I only remember pumpkin that won because it is on the same topic and was at the same time as Knightfall. I think it was a crudely drawn "!@#$ TKR" text message; mind you, this was around the time hostilities br oke out, so it makes sense why it won.

If you can dig up an image of the winner, I'd appreciate that! Also, thanks for the positivity. ;)

1 minute ago, Joe Schmo said:

As low-tier TKR FA, as far as I can tell certainly a few people are angry about the recent war, but most seem to be pretty chill.

Thanks for the input, I guess it is just a small minority of people after all. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

I only remember pumpkin that won because it is on the same topic and was at the same time as Knightfall. I think it was a crudely drawn "!@#$ TKR" text message; mind you, this was around the time hostilities br oke out, so it makes sense why it won.

If you can dig up an image of the winner, I'd appreciate that! Also, thanks for the positivity. ;)

Thanks for the input, I guess it is just a small minority of people after all. 

Credit to Arch, I remember getting contacted to vote for this even though I wasn't even playing the game then rofl

obnum1_2.JPG

• Haha 2

Just now, hidude45454 said:

Credit to Arch, I remember getting contacted to vote for this even though I wasn't even playing the game then rofl

obnum1_2.JPG

I bloody knew it! Hahahaha

I remember it being more vulgar for some reason, but this is such a hallmark of why I fell into playing this odd, browser-based, strategy game. The community is very alive and has been for some time; thank you so much for sharing this, man! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

Yeah, don't know what was up with some of the inactivity. We weren't all like that, clearly, and I personally had a schedule. Regardless, all I suggested is that, given time, the sphere might have actually noticed there was a war going on and start to coordinate given enough beige time; TKR knows the predictable results of being outnumbered by active, militarized nations. I should know! I joined the game during "Knightfall" after all, and luckily I wasn't on your side. ;);)

Dude you had 11 wars during Guns and Roses, all defensive, in a highly contested tier and 3 of those you peaced out. I would say it was us that were lucky you weren't on our side during Knightfall.

Edited by Who Me

15 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Dude you had 11 wars during Guns and Roses, all defensive, in a highly contested tier and 3 of those you peaced out. I would say it was us that were lucky you weren't on our side during Knightfall.

While I won every single war I fought in that GW, I was also a new player during Knightfall, so I agree with your assessment fully. 👍

FYI, it wasn't really "contested", but totally dominated by your coalition as my Milcom told me when I asked for help and coordination. I also decided to win as many wars as I could while losing as little as I could with my time. Now, if you are quite done with insulting the fact I have quite a few other activities outside the game, I'd like to move on from this forum.

My little inquiry into exactly what happened this war is satisfied, thank you. :P

Edited by James Ironwood

4 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

While I won every single war I fought in that GW, I was also a new player during Knightfall, so I agree with your assessment fully. 👍

FYI, it wasn't really "contested", but totally dominated by your coalition as my Milcom told me when I asked for help and coordination. I also decided to win as many wars as I could while losing as little as I could with my time. Now, if you are quite done with insulting the fact I have quite a few other activities outside the game, I'd like to move on from this forum.

My little inquiry into exactly what happened this war is satisfied, thank you. :P

Your side had an overwhelming advantage in numbers in that tier. If it wasn't contested but totally dominated by our side just shows how terrible your side is at war. The fact that your side rolled over and gave up speaks volumes.

image.png.eec894f51b64e99b2f56e14c857b738b.png

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Poor rose, now they have their own inst/noctis lookalike nutjob.

Downvoting even seems to upset him despite then no longer counting to reputation! Fun for everyone!

20210616_221203.jpg

I just wanna see if I'll get denounced, I didn't even read the post.

26 was never held by Rose throughout the entire war. During the initial stages of the war, ranges from 25-32 were contested by Oasis and Minc, but the contested level fell to around 21-24 by the end of the war. Hollywood was firing into C14s with coherent assault groups by the very end, and I considered even C18s downdec bait by the time it was over.

===

In reality, the progress of the war was mostly that Hollywood seized the upper tier decisively, especially since Oasis couldn't rescue Rose's whale tier. Hollywood then began downdeclaring from secured tiers and constantly pushed the envelope down. I'd also say that the chart provided is somewhat suspect, given that other charts provided by your coalition show much less of a numerical advantage for the Rose coalition.

Edit:

unknown.png

This was a chart shown by one of your coalition milcom in RON. This shows that the numerical advantage was much less than what your chart indicated, and moreover, given the 3:1 ratio needed to updeclare, the Rose coalition only had a hard stopping point around the C13-14 point.

Edited by Cherise
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:13 PM, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Downvoting even seems to upset him despite then no longer counting to reputation! Fun for everyone!

20210616_221203.jpg

Don't forget you did the same; also I denounced your nation for other reasons once I laid eyes upon it, buddy, and evidently half of your visitors did too! 😆

image.png.c2bfb66c68a8b31d2bd889d974942838.png

It isn't my fault that your page has something unappealing about it...

image.png.7b0a4369679a4bd07586ec78a148a004.png

image.png

On 6/17/2021 at 2:18 AM, Who Me said:

Your side had an overwhelming advantage in numbers in that tier. If it wasn't contested but totally dominated by our side just shows how terrible your side is at war. The fact that your side rolled over and gave up speaks volumes.

image.png.eec894f51b64e99b2f56e14c857b738b.png

Refer to Cherise's chart.. this bar graph seems to be deeply flawed, who did you say made it? 🤔

Cherise's chart: unknown.png

On 6/16/2021 at 10:13 PM, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

20210616_221203.jpg

I am putting this remark here to replace a very stupid one made earlier. Peace, everyone, I'm out.

Edited by James Ironwood
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, James Ironwood said:

Don't forget you did the same; also I denounced your nation for other reasons once I laid eyes upon it, buddy, and evidently half of your visitors did too! 😆

image.png.c2bfb66c68a8b31d2bd889d974942838.png

It isn't my fault that your page has something unappealing about it...

image.png.7b0a4369679a4bd07586ec78a148a004.png

image.png

Refer to Cherise's chart.. this bar graph seems to be deeply flawed, who did you say made it? 🤔

Cherise's chart: unknown.png

By the by, way to call me a nutjob for opposing your opinions and disliking your nation. Is there any mental health issue going on that I should be made aware of?

um i think you dont know how to read graphs
The graph compares every city(c1,c2,c3.....) while the table compares tiers(0-10,10-20......)
From the graph, it is clear that at certain city counts, IQ held a bigger numerical superiority while in others, it had less numbers than EMC. I'm pretty sure you can come to a similar result as on the table if you add the data from the graph.

3 hours ago, Cherise said:

This was a chart shown by one of your coalition milcom in RON. This shows that the numerical advantage was much less than what your chart indicated, and moreover, given the 3:1 ratio needed to updeclare, the Rose coalition only had a hard stopping point around the C13-14 point.

So you do agree IQ can never win unless it has more than 3x the numbers of the opposition?

@hidude45454 this ignores that planes only as a strat in this meta just reveals oneself to be an outdated fossil of a leader.

I said this, and so did basically even the lowgov milcoms on CoTL when we saw it that they were desperate, because unless you're downdeclaring with those planes only it won't work. And sure enough it didn't, they sent c15s updeccing planes only into a c24 who had ZERO PLANES, but max ground.

So anyway that c24 was eventually able to rebuild when their mid tier went into chaos and never got zeroed. whoopsie.

@James Ironwoodhun you're trying too hard and the more you do that the worse it's gonna get. The people you're trying to be smarmy with are the ones who organized and called shots that resulted in your ass getting kicked, they know better how they did it than anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

@hidude45454 this ignores that planes only as a strat in this meta just reveals oneself to be an outdated fossil of a leader.

I said this, and so did basically even the lowgov milcoms on CoTL when we saw it that they were desperate, because unless you're downdeclaring with those planes only it won't work. And sure enough it didn't, they sent c15s updeccing planes only into a c24 who had ZERO PLANES, but max ground.

This is absolutely correct and idk what Camelot especially was thinking trying to implement this. I was more pointing to the fact that for the longest time, about a third of Roasis Inc was operating on max mil, another third were doing planes only, and another third were either not hitting at all or had given up rebuilding entirely. It should've been their job to pick one plan, stick to it as a unified effort, and then actually get their members to carry it out; even a bad plan is better than no plan at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

So anyway that c24 was eventually able to rebuild when their mid tier went into chaos and never got zeroed. whoopsie.

@James Ironwoodhun you're trying too hard and the more you do that the worse it's gonna get. The people you're trying to be smarmy with are the ones who organized and called shots that resulted in your ass getting kicked, they know better how they did it than anyone.

If I have been smarmy, I apologize, it wasn't what I set out to do. I have this thing where I don't like getting talked down to for simply inquiring into a matter I evidently didn't know much about and now know more about.

So, I'm sorry, but you should know that I denounced you in the game for different reasons than this forum, the forum is just how I found it. 

6 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

um i think you dont know how to read graphs
The graph compares every city(c1,c2,c3.....) while the table compares tiers(0-10,10-20......)
From the graph, it is clear that at certain city counts, IQ held a bigger numerical superiority while in others, it had less numbers than EMC. I'm pretty sure you can come to a similar result as on the table if you add the data from the graph.

So you do agree IQ can never win unless it has more than 3x the numbers of the opposition?

No, I think it could. But this comes down to a number of factors including IRL shizz and commitment to the game; I heard that an important person in our milcom was camping as the war started and I was dogpiled. Regardless, our numerical superiority below C24 was a lot more than it was above that, generally, and lots of our folks at c26 might have not been militarized enough to make a difference, regardless of our numbers.

On the same topic: Planes and tanks are the most important units to winning conventional wars and keeping people down because they can both attack planes, which are still the best units. I, personally was short on tanks, which is a mistake I admit to. 

12 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

even a bad plan is better than no plan at all

Very true! General Patton said something similar. 

See the source image

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

This is absolutely correct and idk what Camelot especially was thinking trying to implement this. I was more pointing to the fact that for the longest time, about a third of Roasis Inc was operating on max mil, another third were doing planes only, and another third were either not hitting at all or had given up rebuilding entirely. It should've been their job to pick one plan, stick to it as a unified effort, and then actually get their members to carry it out; even a bad plan is better than no plan at all.

From what I saw the planes only strat was not helpful to them, a lot of their counters were so ineffectual that they ended up helping by sitting in our defensive slots. Some of these had no tanks and equivalent air. The updeclares were probably the best strategy they had at their disposal because it was really hard for us to cover anything below around 3000ns, but they didn't utilize that well. A few coordinated, maxed c15s could have dragged our c20s pretty easily I think. 

• Upvote 1