The Hollywood/Roasis War has concluded

Sweeeeet Ronny D

2 minutes ago, Kung Shake Sao said:

I'm the one salty at the peace terms, I cannot believe that not once was changing ROASIS name to "Fart.Inc" considered, if I had led the peace negotiations this grave issue would had been resolved with ease. If only I wasn't too busy down declaring C5's I would have had enough energy to have voiced my desires to rename ROASIS to "Fart.Inc" or "Where can I get a BTS meal?", to COTL High Gov, but alas there are no "If only" in life, theres only "I wasn't actually involved in Milcom during the war, anyway heres my analysis" in life.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a c29, 90 rep nation leader has come from the shadows, with a mythical down declare of their own, to denounce my mere interest in the forums. Down declares during the war be damned; I never complained about those once, and I'm not going to complain about this one in the forums either. 🤣

I don't know who from ROASIS soiled your attitude enough for flatulence to be your desired rename of it, but all I can say is I thank you for the attention and credit you give to this non-milcom member that had nothing to do with whatever saw our upper tiers fail to capitalize on their numbers in time. Your condescending insults in response to jokes and a little inquiry are very appreciated, my friend. ('_')7

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, James Ironwood said:

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a c29, 90 rep nation leader has come from the shadows, with a mythical down declare of their own, to denounce my mere interest in the forums. Down declares during the war be damned; I never complained about those once, and I'm not going to complain about this one in the forums either. 🤣

I don't know who from ROASIS soiled your attitude enough for flatulence to be your desired rename of it, but all I can say is I thank you for the attention and credit you give to this non-milcom member that had nothing to do with whatever saw our upper tiers fail to capitalize on their numbers in time. Your condescending insults in response to jokes and a little inquiry are very appreciated, my friend. ('_')7

The actual reason for the Fart.Inc thing, is that I actually told Lefty I could help offshoring after the infamous Gas Leak, on the condition I could name the offshore "Fart.Inc", because you know Farts are Gas, and Lefty lost the gas? He said no. And because Fart.Inc is like the coolest name ever, how could I let it go to waste? Also how am I coming from the shadows? theres like 3 comments of me talking about farts in this thread, if anything I'm coming out of the Flatulence not the shadows. 

12 minutes ago, Kung Shake Sao said:

The actual reason for the Fart.Inc thing, is that I actually told Lefty I could help offshoring after the infamous Gas Leak, on the condition I could name the offshore "Fart.Inc", because you know Farts are Gas, and Lefty lost the gas? He said no. And because Fart.Inc is like the coolest name ever, how could I let it go to waste? Also how am I coming from the shadows? theres like 3 comments of me talking about farts in this thread, if anything I'm coming out of the Flatulence not the shadows. 

Okay, so out of the fart clouds, not the shadows. Still a pretty unexpected place to come from to talk to me, hahaha.

Anyway, my bad, I just still don't appreciate the sudden shift in tone from talking about farts to telling me off for not being in Milcom; all that means is I wasn't responsible for any mediocre performance, especially regarding other alliances' activity. 🤨

Edited by James Ironwood
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cherise said:

Bragging about lack of beige discipline when much of your coalition beige cycled. Check. <Aky3

===

Oh, and I just checked again, SoS had positive war stats.

Also, generally, the progress of the war was Rose coalition being unable to conduct a coherent and effective updec strategy, while Hollywood was able to effectively downdec (at 60-80% efficiency, increasing over time) throughout the war.

Downdecs are definitely extremely powerful right now (some fighters reported that they lost 50% or more of their total mil within 3 turns of being decced on, or 4 turns 9 MAP), but we're as yet uncertain as to whether the downdec / updec balance is categorically broken due to Rose coalition's poor updec capability.

===

Out of this thread for now ,otherwise a rather amiable conversation.

Don't need beige discipline when one person can wipe them out full stop. They don't get enough to rebuild.

Look at all the bad it did! Oh, wait, it didn't. Oops.

Once against inst's armchair generalship falls short of actual successful battlefield tactics. You'd think coming from the one person he claims in all of Coal A to understand plane meta he'd stop backseating and listen, but in his own mind of hypotheticals, only inst can ever be correct.

Do everyone a favor and disappear again, hun.

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Cherise said:

Downdecs are definitely extremely powerful right now (some fighters reported that they lost 50% or more of their total mil within 3 turns of being decced on, or 4 turns 9 MAP), but we're as yet uncertain as to whether the downdec / updec balance is categorically broken due to Rose coalition's poor updec capability.

Not gonna try and stir the pot, but I'm making the report that I lost like 90% of my mil within 24 hours, including buying planes to kill off superior air fleets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Don't need beige discipline when one person can wipe them out full stop. They don't get enough to rebuild.

Look at all the bad it did! Oh, wait, it didn't. Oops.

Once against inst's armchair generalship falls short of actual successful battlefield tactics. You'd think coming from the one person he claims in all of Coal A to understand plane meta he'd stop backseating and listen, but in his own mind of hypotheticals, only inst can ever be correct.

Do everyone a favor and disappear again, hun.

List of reasons why I am stuck in this game:

-Epi fricking couped Pantheon.

-Akuryo is pissed off that I'm hanging around.

Merci beaucoup!

Anyways, enjoy your parting shots.

Edited by Cherise
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

I always said that Kung was the secret leader of Hedge all along but nobody believed me. It's Kung's world, we all just live in it. 

Edited by Cas

On 6/14/2021 at 1:30 AM, Kung Shake Sao said:

I was expecting Roasis to change its name to the Johnsons. Or like Fart.Inc or something.

I like this.

• Thanks 1

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

12 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

A reminder to the honorable gentleman who decided to reply that this is my first forum post and all I'm trying to do here is gather information and gauge the general mood of participants. You seemed a bit salty at the peace terms, I noticed that.

With regards to Duck Hunt (not "the Last Ride" lol), I was more so talking about the fact that at times I could not, for the life of me, find a target that wasn't getting beiged or dogpiled on your side - at least in my tier. So that was a boring war for me. I actually enjoyed this one more because you guys got a good pearl harbor blitz in while we were napping, which made things more interesting and involved. We just have to focus on being more awake next time as Alexandra and Ronny pointed out. Has nothing to do with "git gud at wars", they aren't hard to figure out seeing as I personally still beiged people on your side. 😝

**That's it really, just saying: that war was a lot more one sided strictly in terms of win rates on our end; getting me to care about a few more burned pixels in this war is another matter entirely. 🤷‍♂️

Allow me to amend to Duck Hunt. We performed better in Duck Hunt despite getting beiged and dogpiled all the same, like you said. A few of us actually know guerilla tactics. My point stands, rather than making excuses on forums, git gud even while taking a nap at pearl harbour :P

8 hours ago, Isjaki said:

Allow me to amend to Duck Hunt. We performed better in Duck Hunt despite getting beiged and dogpiled all the same, like you said. A few of us actually know guerilla tactics. My point stands, rather than making excuses on forums, git gud even while taking a nap at pearl harbour :P

That doesn't change the simple fact that Duck Hunt was a one-sided conflict, and it lasted twice as long as this one. So sorry this one had to end, otherwise we might have had to resort to those nuking, sunken ship displays you blissfully refer to as "guerilla tactics". Perhaps the situation would have changed, but we'll never know now.

Also, excuses are actually your specialty, as displayed by your strange interpretation of Duck Hunt. A great, overwhelming loss to superior numbers and you still claim all of the merit because of "guerilla tactics". That's like saying Carthago did well as an alliance in NPO's last time. Granted, my only experience with Carthago in NPO was beiging multiple members of theirs in double buy DC attacks while I was dogpiled myself! 😝

See the source image

8 hours ago, Isjaki said:

Why don't you stop being such an irritant to this otherwise finally peaceful and resolved discussion, plus lose less than half of your wars, and then we can talk about "gitting gud". xD

Edited by James Ironwood

20 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

That doesn't change the simple fact that Duck Hunt was a one-sided conflict, and it lasted twice as long as this one. So sorry this one had to end, otherwise we might have had to resort to those nuking, sunken ship displays you blissfully refer to as "guerilla tactics". Perhaps the situation would have changed, but we'll never know now.

Also, excuses are actually your specialty, as displayed by your strange interpretation of Duck Hunt. A great, overwhelming loss to superior numbers and you still claim all of the merit because of "guerilla tactics". That's like saying Carthago did well as an alliance in NPO's last time. Granted, my only experience with Carthago in NPO was beiging multiple members of theirs in double buy DC attacks while I was dogpiled myself! 😝

See the source image

Why don't you stop being such an irritant to this otherwise finally peaceful and resolved discussion, plus lose less than half of your wars, and then we can talk about "gitting gud". xD

If you and your blocmates are not competent enough to scavenge resources to launch nukes and missiles while being dogpiled, that's not my problem. As for speaking about wars won or lost as a relevant stat, maybe ask your milcom to retrain you, if you have one to begin with. If you don't have one, I can train you myself for the cheap price of $300m.

2 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

If you and your blocmates are not competent enough to scavenge resources to launch nukes and missiles while being dogpiled, that's not my problem. As for speaking about wars won or lost as a relevant stat, maybe ask your milcom to retrain you, if you have one to begin with. If you don't have one, I can train you myself for the cheap price of $300m.

Lmfao, that's exactly what I DID. And that's exactly what my milcom told me to do, regardless of how many hundreds of blocmates I have and which of those did the same.

Then how come my ratio is better than yours? No offense, buddy, but I wouldn't have you train me in the art of war if you paid me. 

5 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

Do you take I Owe Yous?

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:32 PM, Etat said:

Not so sure you can generalise on this issue given the tiering differences between alliances within spheres.  Even within TKR, having a good spread across most tiers, doesn't support the war-count to down-declare connection. 

After putting the requisite effort in for the standard OWF fallacy fraught argument, my 5 minutes of subjective, blurry-eyed, under-caffienated research shows the top 5 TKR members by war count is:

Indger 10c (a very hard pressed tier)
Johnson Boris 9c (as above)
Blink 33c (ok maybe this guy)
Joe Schmo 3c (clearly not down-declaring on many folk)
Bigmorf 23c (this guy is shady imo, don't trust him or his numbers 😂)

I believe this absolutely proves me right in all things, and am willing to die on this hill so long as I don't need to respond to anyone who disagrees.

Likewise for Guardian, out of the 11 nations we had <20 cities at the start of the war, seven were in the top 100 nations for most wars. Our other nations that made the top 100 were more typical of downdeclarers. Many of them were not in a good spot at the start of the war, but Roasis let them rebuild and they were wrecking havoc in rounds 2-3.

#16 Carycyn - 42 wars (16c at start)

#28 Zolgar - 36 wars (16c at start)

#33 Cthulhu - 34 wars (30c at start)

#37 Molang - 33 wars (17c at start)

#44 Roman Von Sternberg - 32 wars (16c at start)

#57 Zukran - 31 wars (27c at start)

#58 Kinns - 30 wars (19c at start)

#72 Kalupses - 28 wars (16c at start)

#77 Charles Bolivar - 27 wars (28c at start)

#100 Caesar Gorandius - 26 wars (16c at start)

Our <20c tier wasn't just doing easy raids on inactives either, there was quite a bit of conventional fighting from them too. In fact five of them did over $1billion net damage.

Roasis did not have a single <25c nation that did over $1b net. The only nations they had that did >1b net were 3 upper tier nuke turrets and one upper tier nation that managed to loot an offshore.

• Like 4

@Memph

On RON:

Oblivion Line (C28, 9 Oblivion Nations + 3 Guardian) > Guardian Expeditionary Force (sub c20s) > Dacta Line (C24-25) for quality of engagement.

Oblivion Line is rated above Guardian Expeditionary Force because your opposing coalition could at least wound Guardian Expeditionary Force (in part because it was so deep), and it often took more than one turn for GEF to launch counters.

For the sensitivities of Rose Coalition, I won't rank them because they were generally a mess. I put a shout-out for SoS for aggressive declares (including updecs) and for TFP for experimenting with (successful) updecs within their control tier.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

So sorry this one had to end, otherwise we might have had to resort to those nuking, sunken ship displays you blissfully refer to as "guerilla tactics".

Yeah, it was much better that y'all just rolled over and did nothing 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WarriorSoul said:

Yeah, it was much better that y'all just rolled over and did nothing 😉

Yeah, don't know what was up with some of the inactivity. We weren't all like that, clearly, and I personally had a schedule. Regardless, all I suggested is that, given time, the sphere might have actually noticed there was a war going on and start to coordinate given enough beige time; TKR knows the predictable results of being outnumbered by active, militarized nations. I should know! I joined the game during "Knightfall" after all, and luckily I wasn't on your side. ;);)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

Then how come my ratio is better than yours?

Not my fault you never raided. Congrats on being prolly the only person in Orbis who thinks ratios matter :P

In any case, I have braincells to preserve, so feel free to reply something and I shall reply no more.

5 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

Not my fault you never raided. Congrats on being prolly the only person in Orbis who thinks ratios matter :P

In any case, I have braincells to preserve, so feel free to reply something and I shall reply no more.

Oh, I raided alright... from when my nation was founded until I hit the citeens and beyond that! Your ignorance, just like the arrogance, doesn't surprise me. You should really ask people questions before spouting falsehoods about them.

Perfect! I was waiting for this convo to be over as well. Enjoy some actual peace and quiet, war's over! 😆

Edited by James Ironwood
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

Yeah, don't know what was up with some of the inactivity. We weren't all like that, clearly, and I personally had a schedule. Regardless, all I suggested is that, given time, the sphere might have actually noticed there was a war going on and start to coordinate given enough beige time; TKR knows the predictable results of being outnumbered by active, militarized nations. I should know! I joined the game during "Knightfall" after all, and luckily I wasn't on your side. ;);)

man i truly hope this was not supposed to be a burn

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WarriorSoul said:

man i truly hope this was not supposed to be a burn

If it seems like a burn, it clearly wasn't against you, personally. Afterall, you weren't a part of TKR during Knightfall. I'm not trying to insult you, just recalling some TKR history. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1