The Hollywood/Roasis War has concluded

Sweeeeet Ronny D

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I would be interested to see a post mortem on this war conducted by oasis and cam, where they really look deep and figure out exactly why they had so much trouble so that they could be better for the next war they fight.  I have a feeling Hollywood's upper tier down declaring wont be at the top of the list on why they struggled so much. 

Yeah it's a question on everyones mind. I think we can agree at least it's on the list. 😛

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

@Phoenyx bud.....you look like a war deserter.......

I joined Mystery Inc. when they were -already at war- while the Alliance I was in wasn't in a war at all. If I was so war averse, I wouldn't have done that. I didn't leave because of the war, but for other reasons. 

4 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

One of my favorite stats this war was to look at the top 100 nations for wars fought.  Out of the top 100 nations 93 of them are in Hollywood.

A lot easier to fight a lot of wars if most of them are down declares.  I'm not saying I know all the reasons for the disparity, but I suspect this may be the main one. 

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Samwise said:

Meanwhile in Grumpy...

SRD: "I just want to take a moment and thank some people for their contributions to the success in this war...

Tiny Tots! Hillbilly, Zig, Zero, M3, Hodor, Brumble, Sammy, Azazel, El, putting in some work all fighting in over 15 wars, helping to secure our “lower” tier which was huge in helping us pull out a win."

When you're at 36 cities and considered a "tiny tot". 

tenor.gif?itemid=15436720

EDIT: Shoutout to my opponents this war. Y'all were great! Thanks for the radiation. 

You can be a tiny tot in grumpy, or the 4th largest nation in Oasis.

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, Samwise said:

Meanwhile in Grumpy...

SRD: "I just want to take a moment and thank some people for their contributions to the success in this war...

Tiny Tots! Hillbilly, Zig, Zero, M3, Hodor, Brumble, Sammy, Azazel, El, putting in some work all fighting in over 15 wars, helping to secure our “lower” tier which was huge in helping us pull out a win."

When you're at 36 cities and considered a "tiny tot". 

tenor.gif?itemid=15436720

EDIT: Shoutout to my opponents this war. Y'all were great! Thanks for the radiation. 

First World whale problems 🤣

• Haha 2

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

A lot easier to fight a lot of wars if most of them are down declares.  I'm not saying I know all the reasons for the disparity, but I suspect this may be the main one. 

You are talking about one tier and a group of nations that can only reach so low but completely neglecting the fact that there were missed opportunities in other tiers that if capitalized on would have completely pinned most of us down. 

But by all means drink the kool-aid and make excuses.

• Upvote 2

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

2 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I joined Mystery Inc. when they were -already at war- while the Alliance I was in wasn't in a war at all. If I was so war averse, I wouldn't have done that. I didn't leave because of the war, but for other reasons. 

Looking at your war activity page I would say you were very much war averse.

2021-06-14_145859.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leftbehind said:

You are talking about one tier and a group of nations that can only reach so low but completely neglecting the fact that there were missed opportunities in other tiers that if capitalized on would have completely pinned most of us down. 

But by all means drink the kool-aid and make excuses.

I'm only stating what I and others suspect. I'm not saying I've done a detailed study on the matter. Another point, being able to pin down the top tier can have a cascading effect all the way down. 

1 hour ago, Who Me said:

2021-06-14_145859.png

I certainly don't like wars, but in point of fact, no one asked me to attack anyone while I was in Mystery Inc.  I did engage in some spy assassinations upon request though. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Not so sure you can generalise on this issue given the tiering differences between alliances within spheres.  Even within TKR, having a good spread across most tiers, doesn't support the war-count to down-declare connection. 

After putting the requisite effort in for the standard OWF fallacy fraught argument, my 5 minutes of subjective, blurry-eyed, under-caffienated research shows the top 5 TKR members by war count is:

Indger 10c (a very hard pressed tier)
Johnson Boris 9c (as above)
Blink 33c (ok maybe this guy)
Joe Schmo 3c (clearly not down-declaring on many folk)
Bigmorf 23c (this guy is shady imo, don't trust him or his numbers 😂)

I believe this absolutely proves me right in all things, and am willing to die on this hill so long as I don't need to respond to anyone who disagrees.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Celer Et Audax

1 hour ago, Phoenyx said:

I certainly don't like wars, but in point of fact, no one asked me to attack anyone while I was in Mystery Inc.  I did engage in some spy assassinations upon request though. 

Wow, you just summarized why your coalition lost the war. Hint: zero initiative. 

Edited by EliteCanada
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Etat said:

Not so sure you can generalise on this issue given the tiering differences between alliances within spheres.  

All I know is that Hollywood dominated the upper tier and this may have cascaded downwards. As I said, I'm no expert on this, was just going by what I heard.

1 hour ago, EliteCanada said:

Wow, you just summarized why your coalition lost the war. Hint: zero initiative. 

Pretty sad when you take what I did and generalize it for an entire coalition -.-  In a previous Alliance and Global I was in, targets were presented as good candidates and I attacked them. 

4 hours ago, Who Me said:

2021-06-14_145859.png

The Hollywood/Roasis war began on 5-23.. By the looks of this pic, he didn't fight at all during this war.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

All I know is that Hollywood dominated the upper tier and this may have cascaded downwards. As I said, I'm no expert on this, was just going by what I heard.

I'm C15 (was 14 for most of the war), and I can safely say that this wasn't the case. My tier was fully slotted throughout the war (you'd see time periods where almost everyone was beiged lol), and we were constantly fighting octopuses or near octopuses. You can check out my war history if you don't believe me.

We were however constantly helping each other find targets, and helping/encouraging people with various tactics to do maximum damage at all times even if we weren't going to win that particular war. As a result, despite being outnumbered at all times with counters being super rare, we (at least I was able to do so personally, along with many others at my tier) were mostly able to slowly claw out more net damage with each beige cycle. It was a lot of fun to fight despite the odds, and certainly way better than the previous war vs Swamp, which was boring because we just stomped everything.

• Upvote 1

There is still bad blood with some people, I think. TKR/Hollywood seems to have scored a very minor victory compared to the absolute revenge that they wanted, and their lower tiers didn't even get to experience that for the most part. 

On 6/13/2021 at 3:44 PM, Avatar Patrick said:

Quack loses conventional battle= quack surrender

Roasis loses in EVERY conceivable way both militarily and in damages = white peace

I guess spies and nations below c20 don't exist. Neither does good diplomacy, either. lol

On 6/13/2021 at 3:49 PM, Isjaki said:

I personally am very dissapointed with the peace terms. While the lack of a NAP is a great sign, I think a Roasis Inc surrender was richly deserved, given that they got trashed in every possible way.

Anyway good luck rebuilding and blah blah whatever...

Isjaki (c26) up there seems to be pissed that the war didn't continue, but neither side really wanted it to continue, overall. I'm so sorry Hollywood didn't trash Roasis quite as well as Quack was trashed in Duckhunt (good memories, boring war) - maybe next time. 

So yeah... quite a few Hollywood jimmies were apparently rustled at the mere thought that their c20+ tier's success didn't completely get mirrored to the rest of their lower tiers. Just wanted to point that out and say gg, see you in the next GW! 

• Downvote 7

18 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Pretty sad when you take what I did and generalize it for an entire coalition -.-  In a previous Alliance and Global I was in, targets were presented as good candidates and I attacked them. 

Sorry mate, but I don't generalize off of anything you say, however, your statement is a good example that summarizes some of the problems with your coalition's war effort. This is easily observed by anyone who actively fought in the war.  

Edited by EliteCanada
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Etat said:

Not so sure you can generalise on this issue given the tiering differences between alliances within spheres.  Even within TKR, having a good spread across most tiers, doesn't support the war-count to down-declare connection. 

After putting the requisite effort in for the standard OWF fallacy fraught argument, my 5 minutes of subjective, blurry-eyed, under-caffienated research shows the top 5 TKR members by war count is:

Indger 10c (a very hard pressed tier)
Johnson Boris 9c (as above)
Blink 33c (ok maybe this guy)
Joe Schmo 3c (clearly not down-declaring on many folk)
Bigmorf 23c (this guy is shady imo, don't trust him or his numbers 😂)

I believe this absolutely proves me right in all things, and am willing to die on this hill so long as I don't need to respond to anyone who disagrees.

Mainly because of beiging protocols; down low with insurgency fighting players didn't have to beige hold anyone. Up north, apparently there was an order to not beige C26 or above, with the predictable violations.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

What did I tell you guys, dudes named James, they be crazy!

Gotta watch out for us James's! We'll always cause a dispute and, unlike our detractors, waste very little time in doing so! ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, EliteCanada said:

Sorry mate, but I don't generalize off of anything you say, however, your statement is a good example that summarizes some of the problems with your coalition's war effort. This is easily observed by anyone who actively fought in the war.  

There are more ways to fight a war than duking it out with armies.

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Basileia Valyrion said:

I'm C15 (was 14 for most of the war), and I can safely say that this wasn't the case. My tier was fully slotted throughout the war (you'd see time periods where almost everyone was beiged lol), and we were constantly fighting octopuses or near octopuses. You can check out my war history if you don't believe me.

We were however constantly helping each other find targets, and helping/encouraging people with various tactics to do maximum damage at all times even if we weren't going to win that particular war. As a result, despite being outnumbered at all times with counters being super rare, we (at least I was able to do so personally, along with many others at my tier) were mostly able to slowly claw out more net damage with each beige cycle. It was a lot of fun to fight despite the odds, and certainly way better than the previous war vs Swamp, which was boring because we just stomped everything.

Thanks for your honest input, my guy, you're a service to this discussion.

The war basically turned into Trial of Tiers, except that downdecs were more powerful and updecs less so.

As for suing for peace, I think the Rose coalition didn't want to deal with having their upper tier indefinitely submerged, all the while facing inevitable negative war stats (updecs are far less likely to deal positive damage than downdecs). I think Hollywood, on the other hand, was wondering about the NAP expiration re: ex-Swamp as well as the threat warning signals they were broadcasting uncontrollably due to their rout of a force ostensibly 2-3 times their size (Hint: tiering matters, as does tactics). Hollywood also had a myriad of less devoted fighters than various insurgents operating down south who were getting wrecked; if you compare Rose to TKR, the former certainly lost less members.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Cherise said:

The war basically turned into Trial of Tiers, except that downdecs were more powerful and updecs less so.

As for suing for peace, I think the Rose coalition didn't want to deal with having their upper tier indefinitely submerged, all the while facing inevitable negative war stats (updecs are far less likely to deal positive damage than downdecs). I think Hollywood, on the other hand, was wondering about the NAP expiration re: ex-Swamp as well as the threat warning signals they were broadcasting uncontrollably due to their rout of a force ostensibly 2-3 times their size (Hint: tiering matters, as does tactics). Hollywood also had a myriad of less devoted fighters than various insurgents operating down south who were getting wrecked; if you compare Rose to TKR, the former certainly lost less members.

That's why it's good that Hollywood is listed as having a "Military victory" on the wiki. It just makes the most sense to me because, overall, our alliance wasn't rocked as hard and our overall alliance's score still hasn't dropped below TKR's. The Syndicate, however.... 

R061f9ffa01721e159de62e07fe8fc5bc.jpg

Just now, Adrienne said:

If you're insinuating there's still bad blood on our end, let me reassure you we had good fun and accomplished what we wanted so we're quite pleased with ourselves and the war.

It's those rose colored glasses they are wearing.

• Haha 2