Add the ability to formally surrender

Rewan Demontay

Since we have war in the title, I believe that adding the ability to surrender would be a decent, if not minor, addition to the game. It adds on another layer of realism without affecting any current war mechanics (or so I hope). Of course, there would have to be a small price for surrender to avoid abuse. Receiving half the beige time or having a timer until you are allowed to surrender  are some ideas. Perhaps we could even have a reparation  system in which players can reject or accept a surrender for a certain cash/resource amount, like an in-depth peace agreement (there would be a limit on how many offers you can make). But I'm mostly spitballing a vague mechanic idea here. What do you think of the concept?

Edited by Rewan Demontay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Rewan Demontay said:

Since we have war in the title, I believe that adding the ability to surrender would be a decent, if not minor, addition to the game. It adds on another layer of realism without affecting any current war mechanics (or so I hope). Of course, there would have to be a small price for surrender to avoid abuse. Receiving half the beige time or having a timer until you are allowed to surrender  are some ideas. Perhaps we could even have a reparation  system in which players can reject or accept a surrender for a certain cash/resource amount, like an in-depth peace agreement (there would be a limit on how many offers you can make). But I'm mostly spitballing a vague mechanic idea here. What do you think of the concept?

beige is so important, it would completly break the meta.

• Upvote 1

Great idea, def needs to be timer limits to prevent abuse by crackheads. But Surrender must have negative effects on your nation, since you just gave up without a fight, would make for a very good event [see

]

• Upvote 1

I see nothing wrong with this.  Each time you 'surrender,' you lose 3 MAPS and 10 resistance points and the attacker gets an automatic Immense Triumph with a random assortment of loot (equal to 125% of what they'd have gotten in an attack on you).  It would then be treated like an offer of Truce, and it would be up to the attacker to agree to the Truce or to keep attacking.

Edited by Aglet Green
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aglet Green said:

I see nothing wrong with this.  Each time you 'surrender,' you lose 3 MAPS and 10 resistance points and the attacker gets an automatic Immense Triumph with a random assortment of loot (equal to 125% of what they'd have gotten in an attack on you).  It would then be treated like an offer of Truce, and it would be up to the attacker to agree to the Truce or to keep attacking.

I think what would be better is if a party that wanted out of the war offered to surrender and, if accepted by the other side, the surrendering party would have their resistance zeroed out and their loot taken as they would had they gotten defeated the regular way and would also get a Defeat and beiged, while the other party would get a Victory. What I think would be even better is if terms could be negotiated, which is a feature that a certain other war game has. Would be nice if I could mention it here, so developers could see how they do it if interested.

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Upvote 2

On 6/12/2021 at 2:46 PM, Aglet Green said:

No i think the og suggestion is that you can offer a surrender, and if the opponent accepts, you then loose the war automaticly, isntead of waiting for him to beige u with 1-ship navals, and 0-munition soldiers. 

• Upvote 2

These processes typically happen outside of game mechanics. With Total wars being something that gives benefits (project requirement, project slot) and may give more later on, getting an "easy" way to rack up wars is not something advisable. Negotiating these things is part of the fun of the game in terms of player interaction. 

scSqPGJ.gif

On 6/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, Prefontaine said:

These processes typically happen outside of game mechanics. With Total wars being something that gives benefits (project requirement, project slot) and may give more later on, getting an "easy" way to rack up wars is not something advisable. Negotiating these things is part of the fun of the game in terms of player interaction. 

Easy fix to this is to not include Surrendered Wars in the total wars count.

WHere does this ever happen?? I think every major aa has "dont ever peace alone" or "contact your whatever-glorious-officer befroe you offer/accept peace". Also how can i negotiate the enemy loosing 10% of infa and loot if they are bloackaded???