10/28/2014 - Halloween Flag Sale

Alex

• Administrators

Good news everyone!

In the holiday spirit I've added a nice Jack-o-Lantern to the logo, along with some bats! Spooky!

Speaking of spooky, Politics & War is going to have a Spooky Sale on Custom Flags! Starting now until The end of October (about 3 days) both Nation and Alliance custom flags will be only $5! They're normally $10/$20 respectively, so if you've been considering donating for a flag now is the time to do it.

Happy Halloween!

EDIT: While I'm at it, I might as well announce what the donation options are going to be going into November. You won't be able to get them until November, obviously, and once we're in November you won't be able to get this month's bonus.

$5 - $625,000

$10 - $1,250,000

$15 - $1,875,000

$20 - $2,500,000

$30 - $3,750,000

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So four days after we donate you start a sale.  Who the hell do you think you are? Gaben?  Maybe this time we'll learn our lesson to not buy until it's daily.  

And holy shit those are some big donations. 

Edited by Otto von Bismarck
  • Upvote 4

250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG

Genesis, best band NA

• Administrators

So four days after we donate you start a sale.  Who the hell do you think you are? Gaben?  Maybe this time we'll learn our lesson to not buy until it's daily.  

And holy shit those are some big donations. 

I don't do sales often, this is just a special occasion. It's a rather short sale anyhow.

As for the nation bonus donations, remember each nation has a cap (this next month it will be $30). It's hard to find a balance between what's worth donating for and what's overpowered, but I'm following the same formula I did going into October after September, which was increase the donations by 2.5x. This won't be feasible in the long run, as it'll add up to a lot of money, but I think it gives us a good looking amount for November.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Such alluring prices...

The ten dollar one looks attractive. After all, that's basically one fancy sandwich and a bag of chips.

EDIT: Oh my God, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to double post and I can't figure out how to delete it!

Edited by Sheepy

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

• Administrators

Such alluring prices...

The ten dollar one looks attractive. After all, that's basically one fancy sandwich and a bag of chips.

EDIT: Oh my God, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to double post and I can't figure out how to delete it!

I've merged your posts for you, no worries :)

Forums Rules | Game Link

I hate the new picture, it is 2spooky4me

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

it's not that the amounts are particularly big considering how much we're paying

it's that that much money right now is not at all a trivial amount even for the biggest of nations

it's not that the amounts are particularly big considering how much we're paying

it's that that much money right now is not at all a trivial amount even for the biggest of nations

If anything, they should be bigger.  At least for November.  The 10 dollar one in particular.  No reason.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

$30 - $3,750,000 is the perfect amount as was $1.25M last month which seemed really big back then too.  This month 3.75m is still big enough to make it attractive for big nations.  If it were like $5-6m that is prob. too much.

And for young nations it can allow them to catch up and get another city (or two).

Edited by Placentica