Alliance History Ledger [Quality of Dopeness]

BelgiumFury

In the past, there have often been members who have served in alliances for literal hundreds if not thousands of days before leaving that alliance. (For example because of offshoring, or needing a break after a particularly intense leadership reign.)
These people's alliance seniority gets reset, every single time. More than that there is no way to see which alliances someone has been a part of.

Another problem we have is the counting of alliance seniority (which matters to me, and I'm pretty sure matters to a lot of other people too).

Now I present to you the solution: make a "transaction ledger" for the alliance history of every player. 
Obviously, this wouldn't be backward compatible (unless someone has a very good memory/proof of their alliance history).
But it would in the future provide a way to see which people have been in which alliance and for how long, when they left their alliance and when they joined a new one.
Next to that, it would also solve the problem of incorrectly counting turns for alliance seniority because you would simply have to count what the ledger says. This implies that even if there was a counting bug it can be easily fixed and wouldn't require admin intervention.

If you want to present this in an interesting way you make it some kind of timeline, otherwise it can just be a table that can be viewed by everyone.

After you have done this you can make some stylistic choices, these would in my eyes be the two main ones:
Do you want "alliance seniority" to be the total time someone spent in that alliance or only their current stint?
Do you only record the alliance someone has been in if they have been there for like at least 10 days (to not log banking alliances).

However, these stylistic choices are mere details. The real relevant thing is a ledger with someone's alliance history going forward. 

~~Belgium

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

The real relevant thing is a ledger with someone's alliance history going forward. 

I bet the bot maintainers already have all of this data stored somewhere. I think more generally it would be cool to have the person's feed not be limited. So that would include city builds, war declarations, alliance history, etc. 

I would propose to have "nation activity" be a clickable link to the whole thing with toggleable sorting options. That way you can also find who you've warred frequently, etc. within the already present features. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

2 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

I bet the bot maintainers already have all of this data stored somewhere. I think more generally it would be cool to have the person's feed not be limited. So that would include city builds, war declarations, alliance history, etc. 

I would propose to have "nation activity" be a clickable link to the whole thing with toggleable sorting options. That way you can also find who you've warred frequently, etc. within the already present features. 

Maybe, but it's not because bot owners have it that it isnt fun in game ;)

Nation activity in general also seems interesting, but seems a lot more extensive and harder to ask for 😛

2 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

Nation activity in general also seems interesting, but seems a lot more extensive and harder to ask for.

Not necessarily. Depending on how you do it, its just an elaboration of a current in game mechanic, as opposed to designing a new thing. 

• Like 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/