Community Reputation Count Rework

wintercrest

Hi, i've noticed that Forum Reputation only counts positive reputation.

For example:

image.png.8abb02d2c89bd38e8b085dc221be9ba7.png

This guy has received Downvote more than Upvote but yet the community reputation listed in a positive note. It would be better if the community reputation also count downvote as net reputation, example of calculation:

Net Reputation = (Upvote+Haha+Thanks)-Downvote

Hopefully this will encourage positive forum atmosphere in the future and punish those who received bad reputation (for example if the reputation exceeds -1000 then they should be muted/banned temporarily from forum).

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

That was how it used to be kek(except the banning/muting part)
Till some people who got mass-downvoted decided to !@#$ about how it was bad that people could be downvoted and how it was cancerous and toxic to the community.

Btw i think some accounts(like mine) still have negative reps from downvotes

Btw while we are at it, can we get a sad reaction?

Something like this:
loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png

Edited by Majima Goro
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, wintercrest said:

For example:

This guy has received Downvote more than Upvote but yet the community reputation listed in a positive note. It would be better if the community reputation also count downvote as net reputation, example of calculation:

Hopefully this will encourage positive forum atmosphere in the future and punish those who received bad reputation (for example if the reputation exceeds -1000 then they should be muted/banned temporarily from forum).

This new guy asking what ancient players have been asking for since it got removed.

• Like 1

Guest Zephyr
On 6/8/2021 at 11:37 AM, wintercrest said:

For example:

Alex deliberately set it up this way and I think it's probably the best approach. It seems your suggestion would just discourage honest participation in the forum, instead encouraging only posting what you believe will be popular otherwise you're just risking getting voted off the forum. In other words, a kind of mob rule censorship. I don't think that's encouraging or inclusive, which seems to contradict what I want from a forum. I downvoted your suggestion to indicate disapproval of the idea, but it doesn't mean I want you removed from the forum or to discourage you participating in it.

Edited by Zephyr

On 6/8/2021 at 2:19 PM, Majima Goro said:

Till some people who got mass-downvoted decided to !@#$ about how it was bad that people could be downvoted and how it was cancerous and toxic to the community.

Something like this:

20 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

This new guy asking what ancient players have been asking for since it got removed.

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Alex deliberately set it up this way and I think it's probably the best approach. It seems your suggestion would just discourage honest participation in the forum, instead encouraging only posting what you believe will be popular otherwise you're just risking getting voted off the forum. In other words, a kind of mob rule censorship. I don't think that's encouraging or inclusive, which seems to contradict what I want from a forum. I downvoted your suggestion to indicate disapproval of the idea, but it doesn't mean I want you removed from the forum or to discourage you participating in it.

Lmao okay, its just a suggestion tho from my new player perspectiveThank you for the history lesson, dearest ancient players. Your wisdom always appreciated.

17 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

you also had people being annoying just to farm downvotes.  Do we need to give people more reasons to be annoying?

Well every feature have its pros and cons and every players have freedom to chose what their image would be.
I'm just trying to figuring out an automated moderation mechanics based on a metric/variable.

On 6/8/2021 at 3:19 AM, Majima Goro said:

Something like this:

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

On 6/15/2021 at 9:03 PM, Zerkium said:

You guys are implying that Alex & crew actually put work on the forum. 

The game should have all of the focus. The forum should just be a cookie-cutter third-party tool. 

I don't think you understand the importance of everything outside of the game if you say this.
75% of the game gets played outside of the game.

Some players/groups mass downvoted individuals to impact reputation negatively. Some people felt bullied, some people didn't want to have someone go back and downvote about 1000 posts because they were unhappy with something involving that person. The downvotes are there, as others have said, to express dislike. They're particularly useful for me in gauging interest on new topics. Players can also pitch what may be un-popular ideas without worrying about it impacting their reputation.

I don't see much of a problem with adding more reaction options, but I don't see us getting back to downvotes lowering rep anytime soon.

scSqPGJ.gif